Vodka

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Just sitting having some of Pierres finest at the moment, and thats unusual for me, I prefer the cheaper, rougher ones, but hey ho, you,ve got to drink whats available! Anyway, has it got to be smooth for you or do you prefer it rough? Ooer.:boak:

Just sitting having some of Pierres finest at the moment, and thats unusual for me, I prefer the cheaper, rougher ones, but hey ho, you,ve got to drink whats available! Anyway, has it got to be smooth for you or do you prefer it rough? Ooer.:boak:

Smirnoff has a finest? :confused:

:)

christhejambo

I like Zubrowka. Polish bison grass vodka. :P

Also bought a bottle of that Russian Standard stuff a few weeks back, but didnt enjoy it too much

Doctor FinnBarr
I like Zubrowka. Polish bison grass vodka. :P

Also bought a bottle of that Russian Standard stuff a few weeks back, but didnt enjoy it too much

Don,t do Polish, got to live/work beside them, ain,t going to drink their vodka too!

:evilno:

The Old Tolbooth
Don,t do Polish, got to live/work beside them, ain,t going to drink their vodka too!

Tell you what mate, I used to be a member of the Polish Club in Galashiels before it shut down and you dont know what your missing, some of their bevvies put us to shame!

I'm not Polish, and I have no Polish relatives, but I joined because the drink was cheap, and bloody effective! (Mind you, I know every word to every Abba song now as thats the only bloody music they had!)

Brought a bottle of Danska back from Norway with me. It's in a metal bottle and is 50%. Not drank any yet though.

CompleteIdiot
House. Argument. Empty. You. Start.

No argument. I was just wondering what kind of tipple floats your boat.

Vodka is disgusting by itself but mixes well.

Having said that, Vodkat is hideous and should be banned. How people can drink that foul stuff is beyond me!

Brought a bottle of Danska back from Norway with me. It's in a metal bottle and is 50%. Not drank any yet though.

I`m glad that someone here has good taste in vodka, excellent choice in any sane persons language.:thumb:

Anyone had this stuff used to be in Asda but hardly sold any of it.A few were stolen though ?27.99 for a 70cl bottle

2036.preview.jpg

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Not a big vodka fan but i saw this product launch a couple of years ago

vodkaguide_1980_41869010

It's supposed to be a "Premium" vodka!! I take it the Damon Dash (the Hip Hop producer) has never been to West lothian

What next? Addiewell Brandy? Breich Schnapps?

belvedere is a quality vodka just below Grey Goose IMO. Like the stoli as an evert day vodka though

Is Stolichnaya now the biggest selling Vodka in the world or is it the biggest selling after Smirnoff ?

Denny Crane

And have their descendents respond to your posts - oh the ignomony!;)

You're missing a treat mate - vodka (and sausages too) from Poland does the trick. And I believe the respective merits of Polish females have been lauded in another thread in the Shed.

Doctor FinnBarr
And have their descendents respond to your posts - oh the ignomony!;)

You're missing a treat mate - vodka (and sausages too) from Poland does the trick. And I believe the respective merits of Polish females have been lauded in another thread in the Shed.

Listen mate, when you live next to about 20 of them living in a 2 bed-roomed house, using the back garden as a toilet and plod/council will not do a thing about it, you tend to lose any respect that you might,ve had for them!

I know where I,d stick their sausages!

Denny Crane
Listen mate, when you live next to about 20 of them living in a 2 bed-roomed house, using the back garden as a toilet and plod/council will not do a thing about it, you tend to lose any respect that you might,ve had for them!

I know where I,d stick their sausages!

Have you tried contacting your MP/MSP or even the Evening News to highlight your dilemma? Might embarass the authorities into doing something.

Besides, not all Poles are like the ones you appear to have been lumbered with. Chances are my mother would be just as upset as you are with your neighbours and would give a jot if they were fellow Poles or not.

Greygoose straight out the freezer..... Lavley but gets you unbelievably drunk.... infact stinking to the point of collapse.

Try to avoid drinking vodka, does bad things to me.

Same.

Drinking straight vodka has never ended in a night when I have not either spewed or got into a fight :(

I don't really drink vodka after having way too much neat Moscovskaya in Moscow a few years back.

If you can get hold of a bottle of Starka though...Uncle Joe's favourite.

50096534.JPG

blondejamtart
I like Stoly or Absolut.

Worth paying extra for.

A man after my own heart! :)

My other half was given a bottle of the Polish bison grass stuff by some of the cleaners who work for him, but I wasn't impressed by it.

conn artist
A man after my own heart! :)

My other half was given a bottle of the Polish bison grass stuff by some of the cleaners who work for him, but I wasn't impressed by it.

its nice with apple juice i am told. i only use vodka to make white russians but when i do its absolut or wyborowa. any night i have just drank vodka when i was younger ended in disaster.

its nice with apple juice i am told. i only use vodka to make white russians but when i do its absolut or wyborowa. any night i have just drank vodka when i was younger ended in disaster.

White Russians are superb.

Best cocktail ever.

conn artist
White Russians are superb.

Best cocktail ever.

only the way i was taught to make them at my old work, splash of ameretto and kahlua. toasted white russian is its full name. never buy them when i'm out as bars as they put too much kahlua in and they taste too much like a coffee which i cant stand.

blondejamtart
only the way i was taught to make them at my old work, splash of ameretto and kahlua. toasted white russian is its full name. never buy them when i'm out as bars as they put too much kahlua in and they taste too much like a coffee which i cant stand.

Mmm...I'm liking the sound of that. I'm with you - I tend not to get them when I'm out because of the too much kahlua etc, but the amaretto sounds lovely.

Ray Winstone

If im drinking for enjoyment Grey Goose or Belvadere.

But if you dont care what it is and your just knocking it back - Glens, or this Paint thinner that a mate brings back from Kenya!

A Boy Named Crow

While visiting my bro in Poland I learned how to take vodka properly. Neat, from the freezer, washed down after with orange juice - superb! At about 5 am I converted them to my way though - you put the vodka and orange in the one glass, add some tobasco and you're off...

Is Stolichnaya now the biggest selling Vodka in the world or is it the biggest selling after Smirnoff ?

Not sure but know the diggers has ditched smirnoff in favour of stoli, may be a sign of things to come!

ardwick1888
Is this not another trendy vodka

wyborowa-polish-vodka.jpg

Me and a mate had a trip round Poland a few years back. Had a meal in Lublin, sharing a liter of Wyborowa with coke chasers just like the locals. Then the mistake, went again whith another liter between us. In suspended animation for the next two days, not a typical hangover like, just felt like some enormous weight was keeping you down. Never touched it since. haha:)

Legend Claws

Not a fan of vodka I must say, drank too much too young! Prefer whisky/bourbon but if I had to go for a white spirit it would be rum (havana club) or gin (bombay/plymouth)

Stoly used to be my no1 choice! Was never too keen on any of the flavoured vodkas until I tried Absolut Kurrant! At the moment my favourite vodka by a mile is 42Below, stonkingly smooth vodka!!

I P Knightley
Tell you what mate, I used to be a member of the Polish Club in Galashiels before it shut down and you dont know what your missing, some of their bevvies put us to shame!

I'm not Polish, and I have no Polish relatives, but I joined because the drink was cheap, and bloody effective! (Mind you, I know every word to every Abba song now as thats the only bloody music they had!)

You went to a club where all they played was ABBA music.

You admit to getting monumentally drunk - to the point that you can't remember what happened.

And the men who took you there and plied you with this strong (to the point of memory loss) alcohol told you it was a "Polish" club?

hmm...

On the mornings after, was it just your head that hurt??

;)

BoJack Horseman
Rachmaninov vodka is quality.

Is that not Lidls? lol

Had a bottle of of Wodka Gorbatschow from Germany not long ago, that stuff was magic.

vodka_g.jpg

Being a student, I drink what's on offer. ?2 for double Smirnoff and coke at my union (?1.50 on Mondays) so that's usually what I get.

Father Tiresias

I just love this.........

img1016896905.jpeg

Best thing to come out of Sweden since Anni-Frid, Benny, Bj?rn and Agnetha!!

Say What Again
You went to a club where all they played was ABBA music.

You admit to getting monumentally drunk - to the point that you can't remember what happened.

And the men who took you there and plied you with this strong (to the point of memory loss) alcohol told you it was a "Polish" club?

hmm...

On the mornings after, was it just your head that hurt??

Yes.

Both of them! :oopsoops:

When in Poland had some decent vodka's. Cant really remember the name of them, one of the began with an F i think. And the other one was that Wyborowa maybe.

Also brought home a bottle of Danzka. Awesome stuff.

Got a bottle of this for my last birthday, absolutely superb stuff. Not the cheapest but well worth it. Like Kaa from the Jungle Book said, trusssst in meeeee!

full_ad_stoli_elit.jpg

My favorite has to be finlandia vodka. Not much of a hangover the next day and very smooth to go down. I also like stoli vanilla they used to have it in the Standing order, it was around 2.40 for a double with a dash of diet coke. Yummy yum

Archived