Thomas Cerny

bebeto

I hate these 'worth a punt' threads but we may need a keeper for next season.

Been released from Hamilton, although he is injured just now will be fine for next season, is he one to look at???

Undecided myself

...a bit disco

he was their best player by a mile, why did they release him? :huh:

Long term injury.

He's been out since October i think.

Grabbed this from acciesfc.co.uk (got the link from Wikipedia):

Chairman Ronnie MacDonald has just issued the following statement concerning goalkeeper

Tomas Cerny:

Further to discussions with Tomas and his agent, we have mutually agreed to terminate the

remaining three months of Tomas's contract. Earlier in the season the club was informed that

Tomas would not be signing a contract extension and he would be leaving the club in May.

Tomas sustained a shoulder injury in our away fixture at Morton and despite the best efforts of

the Consultant Surgeons and physiotherapists the injury has not cleared. In the event that an

operation is required Tomas wished to have the procedure carried out as soon as possible to

ensure he was fit to play elsewhere next season.

Tomas has performed tremendously for the Accies over the last few seasons, fully justifying his

transfer fee, and while we are saddened at his departure for pastures new, we wish him every

success at his new club.

Looks like he was possibly carrying so serious an injury Accies were unwilling to take the risk/pay for the operation.

Possibly worth a shot, I always rated him. Best player in a poor squad!

Link just for anyone who wants it

Long term injury.

He's been out since October i think.

ahh ok :thumbsup:

if he is still available in summer we should go for it when Kello is off the books

he was their best player by a mile, why did they release him? :huh:

Incidentally, the boy David Hutton who is currently in goals for them, who they signed from Queen of the South is also owner & Chairman Ronnie MacDonald's son in law to be and the father of his grandchild.

Not that this will have played any part in his signing or Cerny getting released of course. :rolleyes:

I think he would be an excellent addition, and probably be our number 1 (assuming Kello remains unavailable).

Out for two months and turned down a contract.

While I think we have to invest our future in Jamie Mac now, Cerny would be an excellent addition if proved his fitness in pre-season.

Always thought he looked half decent and fully expected him to warm the bench at one of the brothers grim at some point.

Could probably do worse but given we've dished out new deals for Jamie Mac and Ridgers I expect they'll be the way forward in the goalkeeping department for the forseeable future.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Out for two months and turned down a contract.

While I think we have to invest our future in Jamie Mac now, Cerny would be an excellent addition if proved his fitness in pre-season.

Always thought he looked half decent and fully expected him to warm the bench at one of the brothers grim at some point.

Could probably do worse but given we've dished out new deals for Jamie Mac and Ridgers I expect they'll be the way forward in the goalkeeping department for the forseeable future.

Agree with both of these posts.

Wouldn't say no to him, but not getting my hopes up for anything.

Decent keeper.

I reckon Ridgers will become outstanding over the next couple of seasons!

I know he is highly rated but anytime I see him he looks like a chunky monkey!!!

Im sure i read that the reason he has left the club is that he has signed a pre contract agreement with another club and his injury means he will not play for Hamilton again before his contract runs out.

Thought that was McGregor?

Not sure about him but Alexander defo was. My college tutor taught him at Telford many moons ago and used to say how he came in wearing Hearts tops and such.

I reckon Ridgers will become outstanding over the next couple of seasons!

Not a dig mate, but is this based on having seen him or having heard good things?

So many Hearts players are tipped as being the next big thing, and then never get a chance or aren't anywhere near good enough when they do. I'd be delighted if he turned into our #1, especially given how dodgy MacDonald looks. I personally haven't seen Ridgers and have only heard reports from others, most of whom I don't believe have seen him either!

On Cerny, I always thought he looked Hamilton's best player and if Kello leaves I would happily take him assuming he's fit.

winston churchill

Ten times the keeper our wee Andy Mcneil is.

I had him down on my wish list of players to bring in last season.

Napoleon  Wilson

I like Cerny from what I saw of him at Hamilton. I reckon he is probably a better keeper than Jamie Mac but as stated in previous posts both he and Ridgers have just signed new deals and bringing in a 3rd keeper when we are cost cutting is just daft.

Ten times the keeper our wee Andy Mcneil is.

I had him down on my wish list of players to bring in last season.

When we still had Kello?

winston churchill

When we still had Kello?

Yes.

He was/is better than Andy Mcneil and the balogh was here at the time.

He was also on better form than the Kello and vlad was playing a game of swap the keepers and giving them week about.

id take him, always thought he was pretty decent, i think he would be even better with a good defence infront of him,

and he wouldve been on peanuts at hamilton so i doubt we would need to break the bank to get him to agree terms.

hes far far far better than macdonald,

Im sure i read that the reason he has left the club is that he has signed a pre contract agreement with another club and his injury means he will not play for Hamilton again before his contract runs out.

Refused to sign a new deal and the reasons I indicated in my other post on this thread brought things to a conclusion.

Archived