Jonathan Brown

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

It?s not all good news for the Jambos, however. The SPL has ruled that Hearts pay Jonathan Brown ?70,000 by the end of the month after the club lost a contract wrangle with the former Tynecastle youngster. Brown?s deal expired last summer but he had the option of an extension, which Hearts were late in informing him they wouldn?t be taking up. In essence, this triggered a new deal, only for Hearts to then inform the player he was to be released. The ?70,000 represents two years wages for Brown, who is currently with Livingston.

http://www.scotsman....attie_1_2123282

Creds to Hairy Biscuit for the link. :thumbsup:

If we're still paying him two years wages get him back here and get him selling pies in the main stand until the end of next season.

If we're still paying him two years wages get him back here and get him selling pies in the main stand until the end of next season.

My thoughts too.

Hopefully whoever was responsible for this ****** up is kicked out of the Club if he / she hasn't been already. This is just throwing money away.

So he got paid by Livingston for playing for Livingston for 2 years, but Hearts have to pay him for not playing for Hearts for 2 years? Is that right?

That's seventy grand, Harold.

I know, just can't be arsed getting het up about it.

Sure some will though. ;)

He'll be paid and all will be right in the world again. :)

mahgrassyshoes

Just mentioned this on the Craig Beattie thread, but surely a bit of that should be waived as he signed for another club while he considered himself under contract to us?

To hearts have a right of appeal? If he was under contract, then surly livi owe as money for signing him. Even if it is a development fee. Can we get him back?

Hopefully whoever was responsible for this ****** up is kicked out of the Club if he / she hasn't been already. This is just throwing money away.

About sums it up. If I ran my contracts the way Hearts have been running theirs I'd have been sacked a long time ago. Very poor administration.

HillmanHearts

To hearts have a right of appeal? If he was under contract, then surly livi owe as money for signing him. Even if it is a development fee. Can we get him back?

If we appeal it may be considered that we are "failing to act in utmost good faith" or some other trumped up pish

That was my first thought. If he was under contract when Livi signed him, then surely we can't be ruled to pay the full whack of his contract FFS :lol:

If we were legally obliged to give him the contract, then he's breached it by signing for another club - counter suit plz Mr Romanov ::troll:::'>

That was my first thought. If he was under contract when Livi signed him, then surely we can't be ruled to pay the full whack of his contract FFS :lol:

If we were legally obliged to give him the contract, then he's breached it by signing for another club - counter suit plz Mr Romanov ::troll:::'>

Surely this would be the case.

How can he claim Hearts left him hanging on waiting for a decision if he was looking for another club?

Bitter footballer who didn't quite cut it IMO.

Hearts messed up.

Hearts told him he wasn't wanted despite essentially signing him for 2 year.

Livi signed him.

Hopefully we pay the guy the money he is righfully due and move on.

That was my first thought. If he was under contract when Livi signed him, then surely we can't be ruled to pay the full whack of his contract FFS

If we were legally obliged to give him the contract, then he's breached it by signing for another club - counter suit plz Mr Romanov

This! :thumb:

Hearts messed up.

Livi signed him.

Hi Jonny.

::troll:::'>

Hearts messed up.

Livi signed him.

This, pay the guy the money he'd due ASAP so that the SPL don't have a chance to shift their gaze away from the Huns and onto us...The GFA/SPL will look at ANY excuse to not deal with the Huns issue and again try to Blame Hearts for all the ills in Scottish football dry.gif

Francis Albert

2 years salary for un unfair dismissal would in the real world be an unusually generous outcome, especially when the victim is back in employment. It would be interesting to know how much SPL discretion went into the outcome.

Could be more than that since the compensation is likely to relate to the loss he has incurred. Assuming he's getting some recompense from Livi - say ?300 pw then he would have been on ?1000 pw at Hearts.

?35 grand a year and he's, what, still a teenager(?)

I'm in the wrong profession.

Could be more than that since the compensation is likely to relate to the loss he has incurred. Assuming he's getting some recompense from Livi - say ?300 pw then he would have been on ?1000 pw at Hearts.

Where are people plucking these, quite frankly, ridiculous figures from?

:lol:

By moving to and getting paid by Livi JB has mitigated his loss

Hearts will only be due the difference between what he would have received from Hearts minus what Livi have paid him

Basic legal right.

Vlad certainly doesnt run that tight a ship financially for such an astute business man

Counter sue a youth player released after signing a two year contract aye?

What did people want the player to do? Miss out on 2 years of his development because we punted him after he signed a contract?

Hearts' fault, not the players.

Counter sue a youth player released after signing a two year contract aye?

What did people want the player to do? Miss out on 2 years of his development because we punted him after he signed a contract?

Hearts' fault, not the players.

That's right.

Take him to the cleaners plz Mr Romanov :smuggy:

Can't blame the player.

It's an another financial ******-up from Hearts, in a long line of many.

Good luck to Johnny, he was in the under-19s side when I used to cover the team almost five years ago.

Thought he had the ability to step-up but never quite made it.

Seen him play for Livi twice this season. Solid performing on both occasions without being a standout.

kingantti1874

Hearts messed up.

Livi signed him.

You can't sign and be registered for 2 clubs at the same time... When he signed for livi - surely he is not entitled I a wage from hearts . LOL what a farce

Jambo On Fire

I was told last week that something like this had happened. The person (who is a friend of a friend) said that they couldn't get over how lackadaisical we are with our players contracts. They said that one of our youth players (who wasn't rated too highly) had a contract that had the option of an additional two years and that it would be automatically triggered if we didn't give the said player notice of release before the renewal date. Not only this but the extension was accompanied by an immediate pay rise and with another pay rise scheduled at the start of the 2nd year. It sounds to me like the 70k figure being mentioned is the difference between the contract the player has with Livingston now and what he should have made from his basic Hearts contract.

Unbelievable.

Sydney from Sydney

I know, just can't be arsed getting het up about it.

Sure some will though. ;)

He'll be paid and all will be right in the world again. :)

Vlad hasn't paid him yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived