My sons aversion to the colour green

Craigieboy

The wife brought my 4 year old a hooded top from Asda. Green & black checks. Vile.

Without saying anything, I sort of turned my nose up at it. I didnae fancy it myself.

Anyway. Comes back from work on Friday & whilst discussing the wee lads behaviour, she comments that on Friday morning, he threw a tantrum cause he didn't want to wear the top. I didn't think much more of it as he has a strop about a lot of stuff.

So, just now, I takes the hooded top and asks him why he doesn't like it.

"Because I don't like green. Thats hibs & Celtic".

Mission accomplished on the old colour stakes me thinks! As the wife says, "once he gets something in his head".

LOL.

Dirk Diggler

I had an argument with the other half on Friday when she bought us 2 new toothbrushes, A pink one for her and a Green one for me.

I'm 28 and have never used a Green toothbrush in my life, I'm not about to start now.

Silly cow.

I had an argument with the other half on Friday when she bought us 2 new toothbrushes, A pink one for her and a Green one for me.

I'm 28 and have never used a Green toothbrush in my life, I'm not about to start now.

Silly cow.

And you haven't left her?

Poor show.

The Old Tolbooth

Silly cow.

Heh heh, I thought it was just me!

I've had a maroon toothbrush for years, the only green thing I would wear is boxers, cos no one can see them, and I'd hate skid marks on maroon ones :D

I'm a bit like that ... don't have any green clothes, don't think there's anything green in the house at all ... heck, I won't even eat green sweeties ! .... maybe I'm just sad ? not really even anything to do with hibs... just don't like green

my old fella was out with me looking at cars when i was 21. i looked at a red motor and there was a green one of the same car but with a bigger engine, a bit newer but with 20 or so thousand miles on the clock. he asked me why i hadn't even considered it. "its ******* green" was my obvious reply, at that he patted me on the back and told me he was proud of me.

well done, at least your teaching your boy right :fing25:

I'm a bit like that ... don't have any green clothes, don't think there's anything green in the house at all ... heck, I won't even eat green sweeties ! .... maybe I'm just sad ? not really even anything to do with hibs... just don't like green

For me, it is everything to do with hibs.

A football team playing in green looks so ****ing stupid. Like a whole team of goalkeepers.

On the other hand, the dark, rich maroon colour of Hearts is just so much classier. Most people will agree.

Green with white sleeves?

:boak:

You've obviously taught him well!

Don't think I own any green clothes at all, normally refuse to even look at them and walk straight past in shops.

Have to say i do sometimes wonder if I've gone slightly too far when i try to refrain from using green pens/pencils, post-it notes etc.

The Old Tolbooth
For me, it is everything to do with hibs.

A football team playing in green looks so ****ing stupid. Like a whole team of goalkeepers.

On the other hand, the dark, rich maroon colour of Hearts is just so much classier. Most people will agree.

Green with white sleeves?

:boak:

Green and white is just the most minging colour EVER for a footy strip, I just dont get it :confused:

Dirk Diggler
And you haven't left her?

Poor show.

I'll wait until the bruising on her ribs settles down before deciding whether to pack my bags or not.

yvonnejambo

My house has never had anything green in it and my son has never owned any item of clothing that is green. I also am a person who doesn't eat green sweets.

My car until recently was only bought because it was maroon and my living room is a maroon suite with white cushions, carpet etc, some say im obsessed I think its normal behaviour :)

Adi Dassler

The worst is when you're buying a lighter and you have to ask the lassie to change it cos it's green.

"Any colour other than green please".

Most folk in the queue just laugh, they ken what you're on about.

Rick Grimes

lol @ the garden.

Green is a terrible colour for a football strip. Other than that tho, I quite like it...

My Garden.

I rmember my dad painted a Hearts crest on a 2ft x 2ft slab. A total work of art so it was.

He placed it on a slope right in the centre of the rockery.

You are going back a bit but he also painted Bart Simpson wearing a Hearts top & shorts & put it in his hut.

Severe obsessional behaviour.

If im out anywhere and i get a green and white straw I chuck it and do without..

Stairboy, mate. You can die a proud man now.

For the record, i do not own one single piece of green clothing. Heart of Midlothian is a way of life.

Stairboy, mate. You can die a proud man now.

For the record, i do not own one single piece of green clothing. Heart of Midlothian is a way of life.

Not even green underpants?

I have green eyes, with a white bit around the green centre.

What should I do about this shocking state of affairs?

CompleteIdiot

Gouge your own eyes out. It seems a reasonable solution.

Get eyeball transplants.

Or slightly cheaper option - buy coloured contact lenses so at least nobody else has to see them :P

No green clothes. I avoid the colour whenever possible.

The wee guy across the road thought green was a swear word when he was wee.:)

No idea who told him that. :rolleyes:

well done, your job is done

He should have blocked the move in the first place. Get your wife telt, 'nae green on my bairn'.

The wife brought my 4 year old a hooded top from Asda. Green & black checks. Vile.

So, just now, I takes the hooded top and asks him why he doesn't like it.

"Because I don't like green. Thats hibs & Celtic".

Mission accomplished on the old colour stakes me thinks! As the wife says, "once he gets something in his head".

LOL.

You sure he just doesn't fancy a George hoodie and is trying to protect your feelings :)

Stewart MacD

I refuse to participate in the US Masters as I'd hate to embarrass them by refusing to wear the green jacket.

I confess. I have a green hoody and a green t-shirt.

They don't get worn much.

i have a green top, thats it though

John hates it.... i say..... Tuff;)

Good work Stairboy.

Nowt green in this house either mate. My wee lassie was taught at 2 that green was "yuk" she still does it now at 8. She even gives away her green sweeties. Used to ask her when just 2 years old, where does your poos go ? easter road she replied. Clever lassie.

Tell her that you`ll either report her to Social Services for cruelty to children , or you`ll divorce her if she tries to get the wee man to wear anything green. Wearing green is A COMPLETE NO NO under any circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
The worst is when you're buying a lighter and you have to ask the lassie to change it cos it's green.

"Any colour other than green please".

Most folk in the queue just laugh, they ken what you're on about.

That happens to me all the time.... I'm positive they do it on purpose.. no matter what shop I go into, they always offer me the green one.... just one look at my face is usually enough

I have an instinctive aversion to the colour green and always have done. I don't like to think that it's ALL about Hibs and such things, I try to convince myself that it's just an unpleasant colour and that it doesn't go with my colouring but I dunno...it's ingrained, that's for sure.

For example, I have borrowed my dad's car and need to return it to him but I can't be bothered doing it tonight so I'd have to do it tomorrow morning...but the car's green...I can't drive a GREEN car on match day. Pfft.

What a dilemma.

:biggrin:

I used to wear green underpants all the time so I could fart in them.

But now I am older I have started wearing black. :confused:

Archived