Hearts V St Mirren on BBC (Merged Threads)

ritchies75

The BBC's live TV #ScottishCup quarter final will be #Hearts v #StMirren on Sat 10 March with a 1230 kick-off

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Shyte, Early kick off.

This. Am I right in thinking the Hibs game a week later is also an early KO? Meaning I'll have to miss at least one of them. Balls.

Francis Albert

How much do we get from this TV deal? Can't imagine the BBC pay much. Does it compensate for a half-empty Tynecastle and reduced chance of progrssing to the bigger money a semi would bring?

This. Am I right in thinking the Hibs game a week later is also an early KO? Meaning I'll have to miss at least one of them. Balls.

Think Hibs is the Sunday at Noon. :down:

How much do we get from this TV deal? Can't imagine the BBC pay much. Does it compensate for a half-empty Tynecastle and reduced chance of progrssing to the bigger money a semi would bring?

Think its about ?90,000

TV = Ruining Football.

Exactly. I think this brings down our chances of winning a bit as I was well up for going on a Saturday afternoon but I finish at 12pm on a Saturday so I'll watch it on the TV. Many people will do the same also making the atmosphere diluted a bit. No TV and a saturday and we would've had a big advantage with the crowd. Hopefully plenty of fans will still go.

Tokyo Drifter

It's a conspiracy.

Called it on the other thread :smuggy:

Will be good to have a national audience to see those trampy dicks get pumped out the cup

Utter wash. Dayshift & could have got away at 2 & made it, absolutely no chance now. Complete bollox! :verymad:

Problem Officer?

At least it's still a Saturday.

Post game afternoon spent in the boozer watching soccer saturday :thumbsup:

This.

Hopefully we progress and then get to kick back and see how the other three ties play out. It will definitely make Hibs more edgy, especially their fans, if they know we're already off to Hampden. :thumbsup:

Each? I mean us and St Mirren)

I think so, i asked Lawrence Broadie on Twitter how much we would get for the St Johnstone game being on TV and he replied that it would be about ?90,000. I assume it will be the same for the St Mirren game, although i suppose the BBC might pay less than Sky,

Cheap tickets please Hearts, we need as many Jambos as possible to cheer us (hopefully ).to the semi finals.

Francis Albert

I think so, i asked Lawrence Broadie on Twitter how much we would get for the St Johnstone game being on TV and he replied that it would be about ?90,000. I assume it will be the same for the St Mirren game, although i suppose the BBC might pay less than Sky,

So let's say it is ?180,000 in total (sounds a bit rich for the BBC, but still).

No TV we maybe get 15,000 at average ?20 a ticket.

With TV we maybe get 10,000 at average ?15 a ticket.

Lost gate money ?150,000.

Numbers speculative of ciourse, but TV money not quite the bonanza it is sometimes painted as.

Problem Officer?

The crowd will still be decent IMO, TV or not I'd reckon 12k at least. This fixture is very important and even some of the "part-timers/stay-away fans" will want to see us get into the semi's.

Also, imagine if we go through, Hibs get papped out, and then we pump them in the derby the following week.

:glorious:

So let's say it is ?180,000 in total (sounds a bit rich for the BBC, but still).

No TV we maybe get 15,000 at average ?20 a ticket.

With TV we maybe get 10,000 at average ?15 a ticket.

Lost gate money ?150,000.

Numbers speculative of ciourse, but TV money not quite the bonanza it is sometimes painted as.

I admire your optimism, but the crowd will be around 10,000 and it would be the same if it wasn't on TV.

Problem Officer?

Also, Hearts will definitely get more money with this being on TV - do you think we would allow it otherwise?

Francis Albert

Also, Hearts will definitely get more money with this being on TV - do you think we would allow it otherwise?

The contract will be with the SFA - we won't have a choice. Prices will certainly be lower and the crowd smaller, IMO. I have no doubt we will get more money as even my example suggested. My only point is that I suspect that the net benefit will not be anything like as great as the headline TV fee. In our position the extra money is of course welcome, but more generally the games's dependence on TV money is exaggerated.

Anyone know where I can see this match in St Louis, Missouri? And will I be able to eat food at the same time? Will there be any h*bs there?

ToadKiller Dog

Murderwell v Sheep 3.45 on the sunday on pay telly ,i can just see the aberdonians paying to watch the telly ,of course 40,000 will be at the game anyway .

I admire your optimism, but the crowd will be around 10,000 and it would be the same if it wasn't on TV.

I agree that the crowd will be around 10,000 - but if it was not on TV and a 3pm kick off, there would be an extra 2000 or so at the game IMO.

Alwaysinourshadows

I agree that the crowd will be around 10,000 - but if it was not on TV and a 3pm kick off, there would be an extra 2000 or so at the game IMO.

See if people can make the game, the fact that it is on TV should not effect whether people go to the game or not, if tickets are at a reasonable price then we should be looking to get above 13,000.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=142&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=9331

The following William Hill Scottish Cup sixth round matches will be broadcast live on television:

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren, kick-off 12.30pm (BBC Scotland)

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Dundee United v Celtic, kick-off 1.15pm (Sky Sports)

Motherwell v Aberdeen, kick-off 3.45pm (Sky Sports)

So Hibs game only one not on TV. laugh.gif

Francis Albert

See if people can make the game, the fact that it is on TV should not effect whether people go to the game or not, if tickets are at a reasonable price then we should be looking to get above 13,000.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it certainly will.

There was over 9000 people for the last round and that was televised. I'm confident we will get at least 13k for this game.

Problem Officer?

So Hibs game only one not on TV. laugh.gif

I can see why, after all Ayr/Falkirk v Hibs will be a First Divison fixture next season.

Archived