Vlad should buy Ibrox and Murray Park!

tazhearts

From assessing the Rangers situation I foresee the following happening....

1. The creditors (HMRC being the main one) will reject any offer of being paid say 5p in the ?1 for the money Ranger owe them.

2. As a result Rangers will be forced into liquidation and the administrator will be forced to sell off the Rangers assets in order to claw back as much money as possible for the creditors. Bearing in mind the playing staff is probably not work that much in todays Bosmanesque climate the main two assets Rangers have is Ibrox and Murray Park. Apparently neither is that suited for residential development and so the land / resale value will be relatively low. The main stand at Ibrox is a listed building.

3. Craig Whyte under the guise of a newly created company / Rangers will attempt to purchase Ibrox and Murray Park from the Administrators for peanuts. If they manage to buy these assets then a newly formed Rangers company / club will benefit from regaining their ground and training ground for peanuts) and will be able to run the club again from scratch and debt free.

So what should mad vlad do.....

He should signal his interest to the administrators in purchasing Ibrox and Murray Park and enter the bidding process. At the very least he will bump the price up preventing them from being sold off for a pittance.

At best he could buy them both and either

A) rent them back to a newly formed Rangers (thus giving us real power over the gers) at inflated rates. Or

B) flatten them both and build a car park!

From assessing the Rangers situation I foresee the following happening....

1. The creditors (HMRC being the main one) will reject any offer of being paid say 5p in the ?1 for the money Ranger owe them.

2. As a result Rangers will be forced into liquidation and the administrator will be forced to sell off the Rangers assets in order to claw back as much money as possible for the creditors. Bearing in mind the playing staff is probably not work that much in todays Bosmanesque climate the main two assets Rangers have is Ibrox and Murray Park. Apparently neither is that suited for residential development and so the land / resale value will be relatively low. The main stand at Ibrox is a listed building.

3. Craig Whyte under the guise of a newly created company / Rangers will attempt to purchase Ibrox and Murray Park from the Administrators for peanuts. If they manage to buy these assets then a newly formed Rangers company / club will benefit from regaining their ground and training ground for peanuts) and will be able to run the club again from scratch and debt free.

So what should mad vlad do.....

He should signal his interest to the administrators in purchasing Ibrox and Murray Park and enter the bidding process. At the very least he will bump the price up preventing them from being sold off for a pittance.

At best he could buy them both and either

A) rent them back to a newly formed Rangers (thus giving us real power over the gers) at inflated rates. Or

B) flatten them both and build a car park!

Rangers could be our feeder team.

Get the building in st andrews square sold and get ibrox bought.. Come on vlad.. It's the only way your going to make a profit out of scottish football

One flew over

This had crossed my mind too, if I was a seriously rich Russian with a grudge against the OF I would do this, come on Vlad get the monkeys dancing to your tune!

I was thinking this would be a terrific idea for Dermot Desmond to do. He would have instant legend status amongst the Celtic fans forever, and imagine the level of seethe among the orcs if it happened. I would probably pee myself with laughter.

Does Murray Park not still belong to the MIH Group ?

Land register says it belongs to Rangers....

It said they could sell it all to a property developer who could lease it back to Rangers.. Not much developing there and they would pay the rent with what ?

The Great Khali

It said they could sell it all to a property developer who could lease it back to Rangers.. Not much developing there and they would pay the rent with what ?

Aye it does belong to Rangers. Apparently worth circa ?15 million!

can you imagine the seethe if he was to do this? it would be most :pleasing:

Sadly, whilst it's bloody funny to speculate about, I can't see it being allowed under the some sort of conflict of interest rules as he could directly influence one teams affairs (by jacking up the rental) in order to give another (us) an advantage. Although in saying that could it be classed as purely a property deal?

either way, the thought of der Hun sooking on the Mad one's (solvent) boaby has given me a great chuckle this morning. Thanks OP :thumbsup:

Roman Romanov should buy it, then give it to his Dad for his Birthday. We could use Ibrox as an outdoor cinema for old Hearts games and we could use Murray Park to store emergency chairs and Vlads submarine.

Doubt the OFT would allow it.

Wouldn't it go down as a conflict of interest?

Re Ibrox: Could he not just state that we need a ground that is UEFA complaint?

Re Murray Park: Surely buying a training ground can't be considered a conflict of interest? We need an academy for our Glasgow based kids which coincidentally, we could offer Rangers use of?

Would probably end up as a pointless exercise though as BT/GFA would probably offer them Hampden at a knockdown rent and they'd go train at Strathclyde Park!

Roman Romanov should buy it, then give it to his Dad for his Birthday. We could use Ibrox as an outdoor cinema for old Hearts games and we could use Murray Park to store emergency chairs and Vlads submarine.

:thumbsup: Laughed out loud at that at work, good stuff.

Realise this thread is probably a bit tongue in cheek, but thought I'd add something anyway.

From what i've heard, Ibrox (or at least the main stand) is a listed building, so it could prove difficult for any potential developers to actually do anything with the land. This probably makes it worth very little to anyone apart from Rangers.

I believe there is also something (although not sure what) preventing Murray Park being built on as well.

Not sure what any of this actually means, but at the very least it sounds as though Rangers have already planned for the eventuality of administration. To me, it smacks of "it's my ball, and if I can't play with it, no-one else can either"...

Thunderstruck

It is entirely possible that they could get into some sort of 'Sale and Leaseback' with a philanthropic Rangers Fan who would acquire site and buildings and let it back to the club for a peppercorn rent.

He would need to have a spare ?12m to ?15m to get it from the Administrator and then forego around ?0.5m in rent each year. Still, there could be someone daft enough.

Re Ibrox: Could he not just state that we need a ground that is UEFA complaint?

Re Murray Park: Surely buying a training ground can't be considered a conflict of interest? We need an academy for our Glasgow based kids which coincidentally, we could offer Rangers use of?

Would probably end up as a pointless exercise though as BT/GFA would probably offer them Hampden at a knockdown rent and they'd go train at Strathclyde Park!

If we were to buy it for our own use, then I dunno if there'd be a problem. I suppose there wouldn't be really.

But if we were to buy it to rent it back out to them, then there would probably be some conflict there.

Craig Herbertson

Slightly off topic but are there any other grounds with listed buildings. What's its listing based on?

Archived