The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I find it remarkable that they are supposedly signing players when they do not have a manager in place yet.

I would imagine that if that was any other club doing this the press and Sportsound would be all over it.

Can you imagine if the new manager comes in and does not fancy the players being signed and demands further money to sign his players. Perhaps Michael Stewart can ask the questions, after all he was pretty quick to imply that our signings were being made not by the manager but by our DOF and was openly critical of this.

On the other hand I will not hold my breath waiting for anyone on Sportsound to ask a question that implies criticism of that lot.

55 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Wow  actually something in the paper, but if he cant get the £11m into an Escrow account, how is StevieG getting his £50m warchest funded?

Yeah its all about how King decided hed let them win tho

7 hours ago, The Gasman said:

It’ll be interesting to see if the TOP’s priority is just ensuring the offer is funded and actually made, even if it’s a few days late....

Or....

If their priority will now be hammering King for breech of their rules, by missing the deadline they’d imposed on him.

It's an interesting point.  I would expect that, first and foremost, the Takeover Panel is seeking to protect the interests of minority shareholders, so might grant a bit of leeway if they believe someone is attempting to comply with a ruling (i.e. acting in good faith) even if there may be some difficulties to overcome.

I wonder if this might be King's tactic - be seen to try and comply, throw up a few barriers outwith his control, and hope the Takeover Panel continue to give him leeway as they would rather an offer was made to the minority shareholders if possible.

I'd imagine there would come a point when the Takeover Panel will decide someone is simply taking the piss, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have already reached that conclusion regarding King.

TGASLs Lawyer stated in open court that the man was penny less broke and did not have a pot to piss in and there was no point in pursuing him this is in fact the case even Craigy Boy had a quid all this guy does is spends other peoples money soft loans, loans secured against any assets ( The close brothers loan ) season ticket money, its time he was outed and cold shouldered.

This nonsense about Steven Gerard is a con to try to get season ticket sales up, Steve Clarke has told them no as did Derek M No one wants the gig as there is no money, they need a europa league run urgently to survive.

Footballfirst

Looks like they could incur more wage costs for the return of a player they had sent out on loan,

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/2567567/rangers-carlos-pena-sacked-cruz-azul-alcohol-urinating-fountain/

RANGERS misfit Carlos Pena has sensationally been sacked by Cruz Azul due to “alcohol abuse” after he was caught urinating in a fountain in his team’s hotel.

The 28-year-old midfielder returned to his Mexican homeland in January after former Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha signed Pena on loan following an unsuccessful first half of the season at Ibrox.

The £2million man’s time at Cruz Azul has been a disaster and he has started only two matches for the Mexico City club. So lacklustre were his performances that his own fans booed him.

Last week,  he was caught buying a six-pack of beer straight after training at a shop outside Cruz Azul’s La Noria complex while still wearing his club’s kit. That prompted Cruz Azul to carry out an internal investigation on Pena, led by club president Guillermo Alvarez. And it’s emerged Pena was intoxicated in his own team’s Royal Pedregal Hotel and was caught by hotel management urinating in a fountain in the hotel grounds. The incident is believed to have occurred later in the same day as he was sighted buying beer. Pena also reportedly became abusive to hotel staff who tried to return him to his room.

And, after Sunday’s final game of the first half of Liga MX against Veracruz, Pena’s loan deal will be terminated and he will return to Rangers. Sources in Mexico have revealed that Cruz are able to terminate the loan deal early because they had certain clauses regarding his behaviour inserted into it, which Pena has broken. And it’s been reported in Central America that Pena is considering an offer from Cruz Azul to attend an alcohol rehabilitation programme before he returns to Glasgow.

Last week, the Portuguese manager admitted Pena could be binned. He stated: “Carlos should know that sometimes in life, people don’t get a chance like he has had…and certainly not two. “So I have to decide what intervention to take with him. These range from a variety of fines or we can end his contract now. “He is under contract until the end of the year, but in extreme cases, we can call it off and say to him ‘thank you Carlos and goodbye.'”

Rangers now face the nightmare prospect of the return of a player costing them up to £20,000 in wages who still has two years left of his contract.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Action underway on the court front tomorrow?

PETITION DEPARTMENT
UNSTARRED MOTIONS
P418/18 Pet: The Panel on takeovers and mergers for interdict – Dentons

It’s a different case number from the original one on King but I suspect that it is related.

34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

PETITION DEPARTMENT
UNSTARRED MOTIONS

It’s a different case number from the original one on King but I suspect that it is related.

Does it being “unstarred” mean that it’s serious, or just procedural, at this stage?

You did explain the difference before FF, but I can’t remember which was which.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Does it being “unstarred” mean that it’s serious, or just procedural, at this stage?

You did explain the difference before FF, but I can’t remember which was which.

"Unstarred" motions do not require the presence of counsel so they are generally procedural matters.

In the case of an interdict, then a Judge has the right to impose it on the balance of probabilities.  If the affected party does not agree, then they can then petition the court to have it lifted.

In this case, I would have thought that it would be easy enough for the TOP to show that King is in breach of an earlier court order, by failing to make an offer within the specified time frame.  I've no idea hows sanctions would be applied though.

Stuart Lyon

This unopposed motion is listed for Tuesday

A184/16 The Rangers Football Club Ltd v Charles Green &c

Anderson Strathern LLP

FF - any idea what that's all about?

34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Unstarred" motions do not require the presence of counsel so they are generally procedural matters.

In the case of an interdict, then a Judge has the right to impose it on the balance of probabilities.  If the affected party does not agree, then they can then petition the court to have it lifted.

In this case, I would have thought that it would be easy enough for the TOP to show that King is in breach of an earlier court order, by failing to make an offer within the specified time frame.  I've no idea hows sanctions would be applied though.

Thanks (yet again) FF. :thumb:

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

This unopposed motion is listed for Tuesday

A184/16 The Rangers Football Club Ltd v Charles Green &c

Anderson Strathern LLP

FF - any idea what that's all about?

This is the case where TRFC is suing Green and others for failing in their fiduciary duties as directors to act in the best interests of the club. 

It comes down to the contracts that Green signed with Ashley and others regarding retail, naming rights etc.  Ashley was originally on the list of respondents, but was removed following the settlement with Sports Direct last summer.

Last week, the court rolls indicated that there would be a 4 day hearing in the case starting tomorrow, but it doesn't appear on today's listing.  The reference above was for an "unopposed motion" that was granted on Friday. (there were a couple of others last week too).  It could be that one of the parties involved has requested more time and the case will be delayed.  However it might a procedural matter about lodging documents with the court and tomorrow's hearing may go ahead as previously scheduled.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hearts007

haven't they contravened spl rules by not allowing any coach or player speak to media after Mhanks game?

doctor jambo

Pena coming back will be another £1million per year back ON to their wage expenditure

happy days

Hagar the Horrible
22 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

PETITION DEPARTMENT
UNSTARRED MOTIONS

FF   Is there an update on the outcome of this?

A couple of other general questions?  If he says he has the money and is having trouble getting it out of SA into an Third party account, how is he able to afterwards allow for more soft loans to keep this behemoth breathing?  and if He/NOAL has the money has he not lied to a court?  Also are NOAL not exempt from SARS as its registered elsewhere?  Could SARS also be playing funny buggers withing the bounds of good ethics so as to screw the GLIB one over?  Or perhaps he is telling the truth and he has no money?

The best outcome for King, is SARS allow him to move the money into an ESCROW account, TOP allows hime to make a delayed offer without penalty, The takeup is minimal and he gets most of that cash back?   That only leaves the new share offer to cure all problems, a massive shortfall in revenue to see out the season again, No manager, No Captain, No Striker, Shit Squad,  A Loan repayment due February,  A crumbling stadium, And an expectation that they will close the gap to Celtic and stop 10IAR.....simples

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

FF   Is there an update on the outcome of this?

A couple of other general questions?  If he says he has the money and is having trouble getting it out of SA into an Third party account, how is he able to afterwards allow for more soft loans to keep this behemoth breathing?  and if He/NOAL has the money has he not lied to a court?  Also are NOAL not exempt from SARS as its registered elsewhere?  Could SARS also be playing funny buggers withing the bounds of good ethics so as to screw the GLIB one over?  Or perhaps he is telling the truth and he has no money?

The best outcome for King, is SARS allow him to move the money into an ESCROW account, TOP allows hime to make a delayed offer without penalty, The takeup is minimal and he gets most of that cash back?   That only leaves the new share offer to cure all problems, a massive shortfall in revenue to see out the season again, No manager, No Captain, No Striker, Shit Squad,  A Loan repayment due February,  A crumbling stadium, And an expectation that they will close the gap to Celtic and stop 10IAR.....simples

An SFM pooster attended court today and here's what he said:

I spoke to the Clerk, who checked that the TOP petition was on his screen for Lord D to deal with, and that it was about DK/RIFC.

He could not tell ( i.e he didn’t know) the terms of the motion seeking interdict, but said that Lord D wouldn’t deal with the various petitions in the Court room, but just by himself as routine desk work, no attendance by lawyers being necessary.

He suggested that I go down to the Petitions Office to see if they could tell me any detail.

I did that, and the same young man with whom I had dealings last time, said he couldn’t tell me anything.

So, no further forward, speculation-wise.

But have a read at this:; “Yesterday saw businessman Paul MacKenzie  sentenced to 10 months imprisonment after he repeatedly breached an interdict against him.An interdict, the Scottish equivalent to an injunction in England, is a court order which prohibits a person from acting in a specific way in breach of another’s legal rights. If an interdict is breached, possible punishments imposed by the court include a fine or imprisonment” 
 https://www.macroberts.com/breach-of-interdict-a-cautionary-tale/

It might be that obtaining interdict is the easiest way for the TOP to threaten jail for DK, and the quickest way to have the threat translated into action ( rather than try to have him arrested and tried for ‘contempt’)

And note that Lord Doherty jailed the guy, even though he had no previous record!

Edited by Footballfirst

The Future's Maroon
11 hours ago, jambovambo said:

“Iain Mulholland quits as director of Club 1872 Rangers fan group and leaks that club is paying disgraced former director Chris Graham to help run the fan group  https://www.lastditchtackle.com/iain-mulholland-quits-as-director-of-club-1872-rangers-fan-group/

twitter

Here he is his post from bears den in last hour...

mully10

I meant to post this last night but was unable to do so until now.

I would like to take the opportunity to explain my reason for resigning as a director of club 1872.

I got involved last year because I perceived that Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival were good people trying to do their best for fellow Rangers fans. I have been involved in numerous boards of charities and local voluntary organisations down the years and have a lot of experience of partnership working and strategy development and delivery.

I first became concerned at the start of the year whilst in a meeting with Stewart Robertson with Laura Fawkes. I was endeavouring to outline the issue raised by Laura at the AGM on behalf of the fans which was the lack of transparency of the club and how there was a disconnect between both parties, whilst making this point Laura interrupted me to state she didn’t think this was an issue. I found it difficult to understand both her interruption and her undermining what I personally feel is a tangible issue (raised by members prior to the AGM).

This set the tone over the following months where the club made offers of assistance but rarely delivered and were never taken to task. I understand that their reasoning will be they were dealing with stabilising the club and although I recognise this as an issue I felt it extremely difficult to feel any real tangible assistance by the club other than paying Chris Graham for a number of days a week assistance to Club 1872.

As Laura and Chris do the majority of the organisations day to day work I felt increasingly minimised whilst I endeavoured to deliver a number of projects in conjunction with the charity foundation, Rangers disabled supporters group and also the Founder’s trail, with the overall feeling that unless it was their idea there was little support for moving things forward.

After a number of exchanges with Laura where I felt she was disrespectful towards me I felt that I had no other course of action but to resign, which I did about a month ago, at the same time another director tendered their resignation as they were unhappy how the board was operating however I believe they may have been talked into staying.

I found no support amongst the other directors as Joanne in truth contributes very little to the organisation and endorses Laura’s every decision, and the other directors are happy to take no action. I suppose the best way to sum up how little cognisance the board took of the issues I raised was when Euan Mcfarlane called me to tell me not to undermine the organisation which he had spent so much time building and also to think about the negativity that might occur towards other directors if I went public, he summed up this one sided approach by stating that Laura admitted she had made mistakes, but had done nothing wrong which I personally believe is a contradiction but perhaps I am being overly critical.

It transpires that my resignation has been fortunate as I am now dealing with a fairly serious illness and the stress encountered during my tenure has undoubtedly not helped, with this in mind I really do not wish to say anything further or lobby for change.

In conclusion I believe in Club 1872 and the notion of a true fans voice. I don’t believe that the organisation will move forward with Laura Fawkes and Joanne Percival involved. There will shortly be a member’s vote to extend director’s terms which will keep them in place for a longer period. I would ask that any genuine person who is committed to representing fans and holding the club truly accountable stands for election later in the year, and that all club 1872 members consider very seriously when they agree to perpetuating the board in its current form when the vote is held with regards to extending director’s terms.

14 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Here he is his post from bears den in last hour...

Pfft!  

I read it on here about 10 hours ago.  ;) 

Jambo-Fox
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I doubt if there is much chance of Barry Scott getting his loan money back. However he probably decided he had more to lose by continuing his association with King!

cannonfoda

Is this the beginning of the end for them (again)?  Rats and sinking ships, court orders that expose the lack of money that the main players actually have, yet the deckchairs arw being rearranged with the attempt at announcing SG as manager.   

Someone should send SG the link to this thread.

Glamorgan Jambo
5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

So when do they go bust again?

Who knows if it will ever happen. What's sure is they have  been trading unprofitably for essentially the entire 6 years of their existence.

jambovambo
6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Who knows if it will ever happen. What's sure is they have  been trading unprofitably for essentially the entire 6 years of their existence.

... despite having rinsed ... what ... £70m or something in that time ?

Horatio Caine
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I doubt if there is much chance of Barry Scott getting his loan money back. However he probably decided he had more to lose by continuing his association with King!

He'd be as well sticking to promoting Cillit Bang

15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Should that not set alarm bells ringing in the financial world , id say orc world too but you know.....

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Given his track record with the South African authorities I can't imagine that they are going to be any to keen to see him sliding money out of there into the UK.

The Gasman
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Seems a bit strange that there’s no mention of a timetable or deadline for King to act, other than the ones he’s already missed.

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Seems a bit strange that there’s no mention of a timetable or deadline for King to act, other than the ones he’s already missed.

Which is why the activity so far is in all probability prep for TOP to go for a kill.  Missing the deadline is his fault and not TOP.  2 directors quiting can only be taken as the ship has sprung a huge leak and its slowly going down and they have just passed the only lifeboat

Jambof3tornado

Even after all thats gone on, bears den is full of deluded ***** who think directors are walking away to allow massive investment.

Why would you throw a bean at them?

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Even after all thats gone on, bears den is full of deluded ***** who think directors are walking away to allow massive investment.

Why would you throw a bean at them?

They must have something to entice Gerrard surely? 

Hagar the Horrible

RANGERS International Football Club PLC (RIFC) notify the resignation of two directors, Mr Paul Murray and Mr Barry Scott. 

Paul has been a director since March 2015 and played an important role at that time in helping oust the previous Board and restore the Club to the hands of those who have its best interests at heart

Is the best interest of the club, to take loans from the khmer rouge of the finance world and to fight a no win battle with TOP and the courts,  No wee hoose and no carpark, TV's and PA, Yip ousting the old regime and replacing it with one just as bad....

jambovambo
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

RANGERS International Football Club PLC (RIFC) notify the resignation of two directors, Mr Paul Murray and Mr Barry Scott. 

Paul has been a director since March 2015 and played an important role at that time in helping oust the previous Board and restore the Club to the hands of those who have its best interests at heart

Is the best interest of the club, to take loans from the khmer rouge of the finance world and to fight a no win battle with TOP and the courts,  No wee hoose and no carpark, TV's and PA, Yip ousting the old regime and replacing it with one just as bad....

He was a director before that though ... oh wait ... that was the other Rangers ...

Edited by jambovambo

7 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

They must have something to entice Gerrard surely? 

I think that Gerrard, if he has any sense, will high tail it away as soon as his advisors have had a good look under the bonnet.  What he is told is there by  the GASL, and what is actually there will be two entirely different things.

Edited by Deevers

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

He was a director before that though ... oh wait ... that was the other Rangers ...

Yip KIng/Murray et al  all part of the previous ousted regime  or was it a previous previous regime, cant keep up as they are all ra peepil on the front door steps

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think that Gerrard, if he has any sense, will high tail it away as soon as his advisors have had a good look under the bonnet.  What he is told is there by  the GASL, and what is actually there will be two entirely different things.

Too true. 

alwaysthereinspirit

I've googled every which way but loose and can find so resume in footballing management for one Steven Gerrard,

Any one give me a synopsis on his managerial career up until today?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I've googled every which way but loose and can find so resume in footballing management for one Steven Gerrard,

Any one give me a synopsis on his managerial career up until today?

Yes........

The end.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic