Time for common sense to prevail

soonbe110

I know it's Hearts we are talking about here and common sense is regularly missing however after all the hoo-haa last week re Shiels comments the interesting thing I picked up is that Sergio said he and the Board had discussed the Kello situation and made the decision in the best interests of Hearts. So if that is their aim why not;

1.Pick the best available team in every remaining league game, maximise league position and cash payout from the SPL, as well as maximising cash through the gate. If we are winning every week some, a few, people will return to Tynecastle

2.Pick the best availabe team for tomorrow night at Perth. If we win tomorrow we get a decent crowd for the quarter-final, maybe TV cash. We should win the quarter final so we get a share of the gate receipts from two semi-finals at Hampden, one of which will likely include Celtic so probably 35,000 guaranteed crowd, as well as tv for both semi's. Further icing on the cake would be a final in May and all the related income that would generate.

If Sergio and the Board (Fedotovas and Southern) can't see this as the only way forward then they are clearly not acting in the club's, players or fan's best interests. The money from a cup campaign that ends with an appearance in the final would virtually pay the wages for the next three months by which time season ticket money will be rolling in. They can cut the cost structure drastically in the summer and move on.

Hopefully the three amigo's read this website and get their act together.

It'll not happen.

The kello situation is getting me down. McDonald is dire.

Terrible, terrible decision to drop kello.

Drewjambobusby

Moving Sutton on, not playing Kello because he wouldn`t sign for another club are just the latest examples of the Mad Russian "Vision for Hearts".

It is nothing new , we have seen it before, and frankly should put to bed, any lingering hope his supporters have, that he has our best interests at heart. It is always play Romanovs way, or he will show you who is boss and to hell with the club and the fans.

Of course it would make sense, to at least play the best available at the club, rather than pay them for sitting in the stands, and get a good cup run , but since when has logic played a part in Vlad the Fuds thinking ???

I know you mentioned the other clown, but he is merely a puppet for Vlad.

stirlingshirejambo

It'll not happen.

The kello situation is getting me down. McDonald is dire.

Terrible, terrible decision to drop kello.

But we have signed him as our number one for next season presumably so why not show some faith in him. Allow him to learn from his mistakes build up confidence and understanding.

Or we could drop him like a hot potato and expect him to step up to the mark in August as though nothing has happened!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Why play a player who is not committed to Hearts?

Honestly the number of pant-wetters around these days is frightening.

He isn't being played because he turned down the move to Aus Vien. That was my understanding anyway.

itsnomarooned

But we have signed him as our number one for next season presumably so why not show some faith in him. Allow him to learn from his mistakes build up confidence and understanding.

Or we could drop him like a hot potato and expect him to step up to the mark in August as though nothing has happened!!

This is a fair point to be honest. However, I do think that we need to maximise income and that is more likely to happen with Kello in goals. I just can't understand why we won't allow players to leave at the end of their contract without going in the huff. Yes we want to maximise a return on a player but clearly this won't happen in every case and in Kello's case why didn't we sign a contract extension a year ago with an understanding he'd be off in the summer (maybe we did).

Johanes de Silentio

The Kello situation has happened before - a lot of people weren't keen on it then either.

missingthepoint.png

There are a number of players who are still getting picked every week who were extremely disappointed to still be here on 1 Feb. Do you think they are 'committed' to Hearts or just longing for summer?

They probably can see that's the best way.

But Vlad is a gigantic throbber.

Easy tiger, what you say is 1 million percent true, but half the punters on Kickback think he's the ******* messia.

We will NEVER see our strongest 11 take the field as long as this arsehole is still here, FACT.

Who says he has been signed as No.1 for next season. He has signed a new contract but I doubt if he is guaranteed to be No.1 If he continues as he has he wont be no.1 come March never mind next season. He has had three games in a row, been dodgy at three goals at least and has yet to make a decent stop. He has the look of todays Roddy McKenzie about him.

ToadKiller Dog

the problem is it seems we need money now not later .

I would play Kello but he really should be playing somewhere else now not still with us ,but fact is he is and i trust him not to let us down if played .

I feel a bit sorry for jamie he is sort of piggy in the middle he is really a forced pick to replace a fans favorite and is not handling the pressure . I would like to have seen the jamie that was a star in the Scotland youth side and a stand out in the QOS season when he was there but i dont think he seems to have developed since then and the pressure it too much .

I hope he finds his better form and if he starts the morn he will get my backing 100% ,he will need all our backing .

Easy tiger, what you say is 1 million percent true, but half the punters on Kickback think he's the ******* messia.

We will NEVER see our strongest 11 take the field as long as this arsehole is still here, FACT.

:jjyay:

Drewjambobusby

Correct

I know it's Hearts we are talking about here and common sense is regularly missing however after all the hoo-haa last week re Shiels comments the interesting thing I picked up is that Sergio said he and the Board had discussed the Kello situation and made the decision in the best interests of Hearts. So if that is their aim why not;

1.Pick the best available team in every remaining league game, maximise league position and cash payout from the SPL, as well as maximising cash through the gate. If we are winning every week some, a few, people will return to Tynecastle

2.Pick the best availabe team for tomorrow night at Perth. If we win tomorrow we get a decent crowd for the quarter-final, maybe TV cash. We should win the quarter final so we get a share of the gate receipts from two semi-finals at Hampden, one of which will likely include Celtic so probably 35,000 guaranteed crowd, as well as tv for both semi's. Further icing on the cake would be a final in May and all the related income that would generate.

If Sergio and the Board (Fedotovas and Southern) can't see this as the only way forward then they are clearly not acting in the club's, players or fan's best interests. The money from a cup campaign that ends with an appearance in the final would virtually pay the wages for the next three months by which time season ticket money will be rolling in. They can cut the cost structure drastically in the summer and move on.

Hopefully the three amigo's read this website and get their act together.

Sergio and the board do what they're told to do: simple as that.

This is an emergency. Kello needs to be brought back. There is a pressing need, financial and otherwise, for us to qualify for the quarter-final of the Cup. Anything the club does to hand a competitive advantage to St Johnstone is madness.

The only problem is that the club's assessment of an emergency will not correspond to that of the fans. When the frozen-out Goncalves was brought back into the team, the supposed "emergency" was a more or less meaningless league fixture at Tannadice. It turned out that the "principle" (laughably adhered to by so many on here) of not playing a player who "wasn't committed to the club" could be breached after all. It's just that he was brought back after it mattered.

World gone wrong.

southside1874

I find it strange the amount of folk who appear to know the physical and mental condition of Kello just now.

They all seem to slag Romanov for "picking the team" but they all want to pick the team themselves. :lol:

Arthur Morgan

This.

Archived