80s films

Das Root

I don't think there is a single bad film from this triumphant decade of shoulder pads and mobile phones the size of bricks.

Police Academy 1984, distributed by The Ladd Company.

Says it all really.

I don't think there is a single bad film from this triumphant decade of shoulder pads and mobile phones the size of bricks.

Police Academy 1984, distributed by The Ladd Company.

Says it all really.

Canny argue with that train of thought :lol: :lol: :lol:

the-breakfast-club-thumb-400x493.jpg

Breakfast Club is an excellent film, but my favourite John Hughes film of that era has to be Uncle Buck, makes me laugh so hard every time I watch it!

Breakfast Club is an excellent film, but my favourite John Hughes film of that era has to be Uncle Buck, makes me laugh so hard every time I watch it!

Good shout I thought it was 90's but just sneaks in at Aug '89

I'll see your Uncle Buck ( :unsure: ) and raise you a Weekend at Bernie's! :thumbsup:

I've never seen the Breakfast Club :o - it's on the list now though.

Don't mess with the bull young man. You'll get the horns!

Uncle Buck was Excellent, but Trains Planes & Automobiles edges it for me ! Pitty Steve Martin turned into such a bore his early films were excellent.

71WK78MWY1L._SS500_.gif

The 80's were brilliant, Ive got a mate who looks like Sloth out of the Goonies, Gremlins was great and you cant forget E.T !

MV5BMTY1Mzk3MTg0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQzODYyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

and Alien is still scary, Blue Velvet (Dennis Hopper ....mentalist) was brilliant & Blade Runner looked amazing on the big screen!

Napoleon  Wilson

uncle-buck-mid.jpg

Too many action films to mention so its another vote for Uncle Buck. We always watch this at Christmas time, John Candy is brilliant in it.

Do you not think that the 80's was the best decade for action films? They literally don't make them like they used to.

Archived