Phone reception problem

Serj Tankian

been with o2 for last 4 years and never had a problem till monday I stopped getting reception in the house.Outside the house there is no problem went to o2 and they gave me a new sim card and said if it doesnt work you need a new phone .The thing is the new sim works fine in other phones in the house but not iphone, away from the house and I have a full signal on iphone .Anyone know how to solve this other than changing phones in the house .

Thanks

Check online with O2 to see if there's any work being done in your area that may have reduced the signal strength. You can also check if anyone in the same area has reported the same problem.

O2 shops have (almost) nothing to do with O2 the network operator, and as they'll also get commission on your new handset, I'd be very sceptical about what they tell you.

The new sim works fine on other phones in the house just not with the 3GS in my house . The 3GS works fine anywhere else with the new sum just not my house it's a strange one

Early January this year I found (by checking online) that O2 were doing emergency repairs somewhere (I'm in Corstorphine) near me. The reason for me checking was that at about 10:00 each night, if I was in the house, my 3G would disappear from my iPhone4 when they started work. Strangely my mate's Motorola was fine when he was round. When the work was complete, after about a week and a half, it's back working fine.

Give me a PM with your postcode if you,ve got an O2 prob in Edinburgh or the Lothians.I will and can test your local base station from home .I do all o2s maintenance and testing in Edinburgh ,Lothians and Borders.

The only time that there will be a night outage is when network software updates are done.Pre and post upgrades are rigorously carried out.(Huge amounts of overtime required)

As of this week also covering Edinburgh and East/Midlothian for MBNL(T-Mob,3)but cannot give localised tests(they wont give me an engineering test Sim

Will be in and about the Vf network later in the year as we,ve won their maintenance contract.

Archived