Portishead

bighusref

Last night, a band I did not think I would see live performed at the Corn Exchange.

Fantastic band and a fantastic show, Gibbons has one of the finest voices of the last 20 years. The new stuff (much darker) came across well and I hope we don't have to wait 11 years for the next new record.

Anybody else there?

Gigolo-Aunt

Never knew they were playing last night. The new album is getting some fantastic reviews. Will be getting purchased at the end of the month.

chester copperpot
Last night, a band I did not think I would see live performed at the Corn Exchange.

Fantastic band and a fantastic show, Gibbons has one of the finest voices of the last 20 years. The new stuff (much darker) came across well and I hope we don't have to wait 11 years for the next new record.

Anybody else there?

This album will be purchased at the next given opportunity, glad you enjoyed the night BH. I too didn't have a clue they were playing up here.

This album will be purchased at the next given opportunity, glad you enjoyed the night BH. I too didn't have a clue they were playing up here.

lols@chester copperpot

I love that film man. Brilliant name.

Really liking the new stuff as well, i'll be picking the album up on vinyl at some point.

chester copperpot
lols@chester copperpot

I love that film man. Brilliant name.

Really liking the new stuff as well, i'll be picking the album up on vinyl at some point.

Thought the old name was a bit dull, fancied a change, people will just need to get used to Chester spouting drivel instead of Andy.

Portishead are the next band getting purchased on my music radar.

The new album is very good, and getting away from the signature Bristol sound a bit more.

Agreed.

I have the new album on the PC but will definitely purchase it on release. as for the less observant posters on here, I mentioned at the time of ticket sale on this very forum that they were available.:)

Anyway, I am off to fill my newly purchased Portishead mug with coffee! ;)

Just seen them on Jools Holland.

What a load of self-indulgent crap! Who do they think they are??

Dummy was quality but not impressed with this.

Nelly Terraces

Missed getting a ticket by minutes at Ripping. Gutted I missed it, heard it was meant to be spot on.

The new single sounds like it was recorded next to some roadworks and may induce a headache, but I'll be getting the LP regardless.

Archived