What do you wear to work?

BoJack Horseman

BoJack Horseman

What's your sector and what do you wear?

Anyone have a non client facing job and still have to suit up every day?

I've been fortunate enough never to have had to wear a suit to work (except at the interview) and I'm pretty thankful for that. Casual clothing for me unless I'm meeting a client, then it's smart or smart casual.

Anyone sport the walkingtoworksuitandtrainers look?

Finance sector I suppose it is technically and dress casual to work all the time (don't meet clients or anything like that so don't need to suit up/dress smart).

Shamefully, I actually don't own a suit :vrface: Always just wore shirt and trousers to interviews so never needed the whole shebang.

Working in Advertising and I just ruin my normal clothes day after day.

But if I'm presenting to clients I might wear a shirt.

Not worn a suit since my banking days :unsure:

Financial sector. I work in a non-client facing office and I wear a shirt and tie, I'd rather wear that than casual even if I had the option though.

BoJack Horseman

Finance sector I suppose it is technically and dress casual to work all the time (don't meet clients or anything like that so don't need to suit up/dress smart).

Shamefully, I actually don't own a suit :vrface: Always just wore shirt and trousers to interviews so never needed the whole shebang.

That's exactly the type of job I'd expect them to force you to suit up for you to sit at a desk 8 hours a day.

museum's service. as long as i dont look like a tink i'm good to go.

I have, on occasion, had the opportunity to 'get in to the spirit' of events i've organised, but i try and not make a habit of it.

299494_254940227873020_205909606109416_796264_170576392_n.jpg

Malcolm Tucker

I work in Insurance. :smuggy:

Usually just wear shirt, tie, suit trousers, occasional suit jacket, black shoes.

Just normal really.

However I pull the look off pretty well I must say.

:verysmug:

That's exactly the type of job I'd expect them to force you to suit up for you to sit at a desk 8 hours a day.

I did think we'd have to when I got offered the job but they're pretty decent with the dress code. Get to rock out in my jeans and a hoody listening to my pod most days so it's not too bad.

I P Knightley

museum's service. as long as i dont look like a tink i'm good to go.

I have, on occasion, had the opportunity to 'get in to the spirit' of events i've organised, but i try and not make a habit of it.

299494_254940227873020_205909606109416_796264_170576392_n.jpg

Is this you as well?

nhl_g_young_508.jpg

p.s. my own work? mainly velcro.

Lift engineer. Black safety boots, black work trousers, black polo shirt and a black jacket. All provided so I don't have to waste my hard earned cash on work gear.

Malcolm Tucker

Suit, crisp white shirt, cufflinks, slim tie, overcoat.

Finished off with one of these badboys. :smuggy:

20090421-campagnolo-classica-cotton-cycling-cap.jpg

Online media; occasional public facing.

Maroon cardigan, white shirt, tie, smeart troosers, shoes.

Gone with a heavier winter coat in recent weeks but if I'm getting out and about I enjoy the three-quarter length black trenchcoat.

Snake Plissken

Starting a new job in two weeks that will see me need to suit up again.

Last job was in admin and I wore a suit for the first few months but then one day I accidentally put my jacket in the wash with everything else and ruined it :vrface: I wore a shirt and tie for the next few weeks but then one day neglected to wear a tie. No-one said anything so I just stopped wearing a tie for the rest of my time there.

At the same time I used to wear a pair of black trainers to work and change them when I got to the office, eventually I stopped changing my shoes and again, it wasn't noticed. Or at least I don't think I was, I genuinely didn't give a shit for the entire time I worked there so it was of little consequence.

Work in healthcare.

I wear surgical scrubs or a blue tunic and combat stylee trousers.

Always with trainers or surgical clogs.

Creepy Lurker

I teach English at high school level and get to wear my normal clothes to work. Jeans and t-shirt most days.

tommythejambo

One job I wear jeans and a tshirt.

Other job its company shirt, dress trousers and shoes.

Weekends: Security Industry: Depends on the door, currently black trousers, white shirt, black tie, black jacket - but if the venue permits then black combats with a white/black polo shirt (better for the summer)

Day job: Recruitment: I have to meet with clients and candidates so always a suit during the week. Fridays are dress down but still need a suit if I have a meeting.

Maroon cardigan, white shirt, tie, smeart troosers, shoes.

Gone with a heavier winter coat in recent weeks but if I'm getting out and about I enjoy the three-quarter length black trenchcoat.

Are you Paulo Sergio?

Maintenance Sparky with the Council

T-Shirt/Polo Shirt, Sweatshirt supplied by work, wear my own work trousers though because their ones are shite

I can wear what I want, sometimes wear my normal clothes, sometimes wear company issue uniform. Depends what's on the clothes horse tbh.

Is this you as well?

nhl_g_young_508.jpg

p.s. my own work? mainly velcro.

The event was a 70s themed school reunion and i was running a school of rock workshop. Getting kitted up like Angus Young was a no brainer. Either that or

Gary-Glitter_0.jpg

I can wear what i want in to work, but chose to go in smart. Smart trousers open collar shirt etc. Want to wear a tie, but really would stick out then.

For me it's smarter, looks more professional, and cheaper. My next trousers and M&S shirt combo cost a lot less then the Diesel jeans etc I put on when I get home.

Also takes me less time to work out what to put on in the morning .... and when I get home getting changed helps me switch off.

Nothing, I don't work.

::troll:::'>

:sob:

Non-client facing job in the private sector = jeans and jumper for me :thumbsup:

IT beardie, sandal wearing type?

Local Government HR Monkey so it's smart suit, shirt, tie, cuff links combo.

Topped off with a trench coat and man bag. :greggy:

Hate dress down days as its a certainty that whenever I dress down, an emergency meeting crops up and I need to attend looking like I'm a student in doing the filing for a few weeks, no way you can be taken seriously at a disciplinary hearing if your wearing jeans & trainers. :seething:

Apprentice Sheetmetal Engineer.

Black Steel toe cap boots, black work trousers and a black T-shirt.

Weekends: Security Industry: Depends on the door, currently black trousers, white shirt, black tie, black jacket - but if the venue permits then black combats with a white/black polo shirt (better for the summer)

Day job: Recruitment: I have to meet with clients and candidates so always a suit during the week. Fridays are dress down but still need a suit if I have a meeting.

What sector?

I also work in finance.

Have to wear a suit, shoes and tie while half the birds come in looking like tramps.

Prison service (non operational). Shirt, tie, trousers and shoes. Sometimes throw a wee jumper on in the winter months.

Have to wear a suit, shoes and tie while half the birds come in looking like tramps.

Exactly the same in my place.

When did Ugg boots and leggings become acceptable work attire??

Archived