Takis Fyssas.

S.N.T.H.

How's he getting on since going back to Greece? Is he all set for the Euros, or has he been snubbed?

He's hardly played a game for them all season, was less than 5 appearences around the time they played Rangers.

ArmiyaRomanova

Saw him when Panathinaikos played Atletico in Madrid last December, and he looked pretty good.

Apparently he's fallen out of favour and doesn't get a game at the moment.

Shame he doesnt get a game, did think he was slowing, very quickly, which made him a hard player to pick in the scottish game...

Still amazing footballing brain when he left, no doubt.

vladtheexhaler

There are only three things that matter in my life: My family, Panathinaikos and Hearts. Takis Fyssas - May 2007.

Shame he doesnt get a game, did think he was slowing, very quickly, which made him a hard player to pick in the scottish game...

Still amazing footballing brain when he left, no doubt.

I was really saddened at how much worse he was in the second season, but i wonder how much that had to do with poor coaching/training etc....

Think he was just worn out.... he had played alot of football and wasnt getting any younger.

it was the 2-1 defeat v celtic where miko scored that wonder goal that sticks in my mind, as soon as Beattie came on we were getting pumped down the left flank, all Takis had to do was sit back and soak up the pressure, but just kept bombing forward and leaving the wing open. Was raging at Fyssas and Ivanauskaus after that game likes.

Think he was just worn out.... he had played alot of football and wasnt getting any younger.

Takis is a total legend...he would have made a brilliant captain for us too. He's the perfect example of what we don't currently have but need desperately at Tynecastle....in terms of ability AND attitude.

As for slowing down, he actually acknowledged in the press that his legs weren't what they once were if I remember rightly. I doubt it had anything to do with coaching or training standards either, he was fit enough to play for us and fit enough to bag a deal with Panathinaikos but age is a cruel mistress....

Goose Baxter
I was really saddened at how much worse he was in the second season, but i wonder how much that had to do with poor coaching/training etc....

I think the fact that every time Takis went forward he knew that rudi would drop back if need be and help out if he was going on one of his mad runs. But after Rudi left i think he had Neil McCann for a bit on the left and would not track back and this to me what caught Takis out making him look a bad player in the 2nd season.

Goose Baxter
Takis is a total legend...he would have made a brilliant captain for us too. He's the perfect example of what we don't currently have but need desperately at Tynecastle....in terms of ability AND attitude.

As for slowing down, he actually acknowledged in the press that his legs weren't what they once were if I remember rightly. I doubt it had anything to do with coaching or training standards either, he was fit enough to play for us and fit enough to bag a deal with Panathinaikos but age is a cruel mistress....

Think he will always be a legend for his wee sing song that he had after the Aberdeen game. ' Champions League na naaa nnnaa na na ' LEGEND!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I could have kissed him when he got subbed in his last ever game against the Hobos and went round the pitch shaking everyones hands.

One of my favorite ever players I think.

Yeah. Same with me. Even though I stil love him I thought he was really poor.

But there is no question how good he was in the first season. Oozed class.

A player who should be contacted immediately when he retires. With his experience and affection for Hearts, I'd be surprised if he didn't fancy a coaching role. What he could pass on to the youngsters would be priceless.

A player who should be contacted immediately when he retires. With his experience and affection for Hearts, I'd be surprised if he didn't fancy a coaching role. What he could pass on to the youngsters would be priceless.

Yeh, he seems like the sort of player that will take the step in to management... but maybe thats down to us never really having foreigners to drool over in the same league as Takis.

iv watched panatha a few times this season due to having a mate who supports them and hes hardly had a look in and the times he has played hes been pish. finished as a player me thinks

funktasticlad

Brilliant player, top bloke. The scotsport montage when he does the step over and knocks the ball past the player oozes sheer class. I'd take him back in a second, we need someone to help shore up that defence and he'd help jose's & lee wallaces game no end.

I could have kissed him when he got subbed in his last ever game against the Hobos and went round the pitch shaking everyones hands.

One of my favorite ever players I think.

Totally agree on both points.

The man just oozed class.

He was our Brain Lurdrup ! I mean a player who had just win the Euro championship, and was totally class from the moment he played his first game ! Love the man to bits, but its sad that i don't think we will see his standard of player in a hearts shirt ever again !

He's such a good lad.

The reason i started this thread was because i watched the 'Glorious' DVD yesterday and he has so much affection for Hearts, and Edinburgh, when he speaks in it.

Hero.

Archived