Scott Severin....

Martin_T

Looks like he's done the same with them as he has with us - good at first, then gets into a comfort zone and can't be arsed.

Expect him to say that he's looking for a move to the Premiership any time soon before eventually signing for Falkirk on a free.

RockyBalboa
Only ever plays against Rangers

How he made Scotland squads i'll never know.

Think it's more to do with his versitility(sp) how he gets in the scotland squad. Nicholson is a far better player imo.

RockyBalboa
Looks like he's done the same with them as he has with us - good at first, then gets into a comfort zone and can't be arsed.

Expect him to say that he's looking for a move to the Premiership any time soon before eventually signing for Falkirk on a free.

:biggrin:

Ray Winstone

I always thought he was better at CB rather than CM as he lacks the creativity of a good midfielder.

Still think we could do worse than bringing him in to partner Berra in the defence.

Regular John

A very average player that goes through an occasional purple patch.

He possesses a dangerous daisy cutter shot but nothing else in his game stands out.

He's only really became worse since leaving Hearts.

He's done IMO.

Shame. Always liked Sevvy.

Ditto.Maybury as well.

Good to see J MacDonald and N MacFarlane get to a final.Surely MacDonald deserves a chance back here.

He's done IMO.

Shame. Always liked Sevvy.

Always fondly remembered in my eyes for the equaliser at Easter Road in the game where Elvis scored a late penalty winner!:107years:

Bit of a twonk as a person though, his mate offered me outside once in a nightclub in Bridge of Allan just for being a little forward about why he should sign a new contract with Hearts.....:sad::eek:

Would take Severin in the Hearts squad.

Excellent player

Read the above statement kids . And see the result of what drugs can do to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would take Severin in the Hearts squad.

Excellent player

Agreed. Doubt if he'd want to come into the shambles we've got at the moment.

Charlie-Brown

Are AFC's rumours any more credible or reliable than ours are? 98% of rumours tend to be bollox......

Rudolf's Mate
Read the above statement kids . And see the result of what drugs can do to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rate him. Not as highly as Nicolson however he would be worth a place in our squad.

Agree that he seems to be a big game player.

portobellojambo1

I agree with the poster that said Severin performed best for Hearts when used in central defence rather than central midfield, however bringing him back to Tynecastle to fill that role is not something I would now consider.

Charlie-Brown

Severin would provide useful experience in the squad (something we lack) to help bring through our younger players - of which he himself was one when he started - Nicholson and Maybury would also provide useful experience - and Lee Miller could be a good goalscorer and rekindle his International career if he works hard!

I wouldn't necessarily put all these guys into the team but they'd be useful squad additions.

Stewart two best goal have come against aberdeen

probably why they think he is good

maybe they should come to tynie more often

To be honest, i'd take Severin and Nicholson at Hearts now, but we'd have to rid ourselves of a few players in that area. We've got Ruben, Stewart, Bruno, Jonsson, Kingston and McCann.

Now, TBH Larry's the man so he's an automatic pick when he's fit, Jonsson's got good quality aswell and Ruben's done nothing wrong since coming in. Bruno's quality is also great, and Michael Stewart, on the whole has never shirked responsibilities this season, giving his all.

To be honest, i'd take Severin and Nicholson at Hearts now, but we'd have to rid ourselves of a few players in that area. We've got Ruben, Stewart, Bruno, Jonsson, Kingston and McCann.

Now, TBH Larry's the man so he's an automatic pick when he's fit, Jonsson's got good quality aswell and Ruben's done nothing wrong since coming in. Bruno's quality is also great, and Michael Stewart, on the whole has never shirked responsibilities this season, giving his all.

All these midfield players have been OK but apart from Kingston none of them score enough goals. We need less workhorses and a bit more cutting edge.

I was very disappointed when he left. I felt that he was a good midfield player, a good centre half and also quite handy when pushed up front.

I do feel he is on the wane now and I do not think he would be a good signing.

AllowayJambo

Think he's an excellant player and still stands out when he plays against us. Don't think he would be right player to bring back but he was a big loss at the time and I hope he makes it wherever he goes.

Another Hearts player who listened to an agent filling his heid wi mince!

Think he's an excellant player and still stands out when he plays against us. Don't think he would be right player to bring back but he was a big loss at the time and I hope he makes it wherever he goes.

Another Hearts player who listened to an agent filling his heid wi mince!

Not the story I heard Alloway,

I heard that Levein offered him a wage cut, Severin said he would not sign a deal for less than he was on and Levein basically said that was all that was in the pot and he could take it or leave it.

AllowayJambo

I heard that Levein offered him a wage cut, Severin said he would not sign a deal for less than he was on and Levein basically said that was all that was in the pot and he could take it or leave it.

Actually I stand corrected if I remember correctly he was offered same type of deal (which at the time wasn't that bad) but rejected it. I am sure he was under the impression he was heading for the premiership/championship though and ended up at Aberdeen on basically the same money as we offered!

Anyway, there we go, if he had stuck it out he would've probably got a bumper pay rise when Burley came in as Hartley, Pressley, Gordon et al got.

That's my understanding also.Not the only time Levien cut off his nose to spite his face

Snake Plissken
Always fondly remembered in my eyes for the equaliser at Easter Road in the game where Elvis scored a late penalty winner!:107years:

Bit of a twonk as a person though, his mate offered me outside once in a nightclub in Bridge of Allan just for being a little forward about why he should sign a new contract with Hearts.....:sad::eek:

The Med? ;)

Had many a good night in there a couple years back.

That's my understanding also.Not the only time Levien cut off his nose to spite his face

Was it not the case that Severin knocked back the initial offer, but when nobody came in for him there was no money left at Hearts hence why Levien offered him less?

I could well be talking hubz though....:confused:

From my understanding of the Seve situation was that he was offered a new deal, better, turned it down because he wanted to move to a bigger club. No big club came in, his form faultered and when it came time for him to realise he wanted to sign a new deal, Hearts had already used up the cash and told him where to go.

Still performed well for us for weeks after knowing this though, including a man of the match performance in a rare 1-0 win at Ibrox. Much respect to him for that. Plus he's scored a couple of times against the Hibees while up there.

That's the story I heard at the time too. All he wanted was the same as his previous contract and Aberdeen could offer that and we couldn't/wouldn't.

Always liked him as a player.

carnockjambo
From my understanding of the Seve situation was that he was offered a new deal, better, turned it down because he wanted to move to a bigger club. No big club came in, his form faultered and when it came time for him to realise he wanted to sign a new deal, Hearts had already used up the cash and told him where to go.

Still performed well for us for weeks after knowing this though, including a man of the match performance in a rare 1-0 win at Ibrox. Much respect to him for that. Plus he's scored a couple of times against the Hibees while up there.

My understanding of what happened too. D Jackson was his agent and promised him the world and he ended up in Muttonsville. When he signed for the muttonmolestors he broke their wage barrier and was on ?2500 per week just more than R Anderson @ ?1850 a week.

I think the way that Levein treated him was poor.

Crocodile tears on the pitch at the end of the season from Levein - and then later in the next season crowing about how he was so smart that he could bring in 2 players with the wages Seve would have got.

Those 2 players - Pereira and McAllister. Not only that - he kept Stamp on for that year too.

I like Seve at centre back - but he has played well in a number of games for Aberdeen against us in the centre of midfield. Would be delighted to see him back at Hearts as he would be better for us in the centre of midfield than anyone we have except Jonsson. Alternatively he could be a decent partner for Berra.

The Med? ;)

Had many a good night in there a couple years back.

It was indeed the Med, or more accurately 'The Beat' which by that time had replaced the legendary 'Outhouse' as the night club part of the pub. Seve was out with Kisnorbo, Maybury and Kenny Milne that night, Paddy K was sound as a pound, Maybs and Seve twonks.

It was indeed the Med, or more accurately 'The Beat' which by that time had replaced the legendary 'Outhouse' as the night club part of the pub. Seve was out with Kisnorbo, Maybury and Kenny Milne that night, Paddy K was sound as a pound, Maybs and Seve twonks.

If you were going up and hassling him about getting a new contract, what the **** did you expect?

"Thanks for annoying **** out of me in my private time, big man. Here, let me buy you a pint. Actually, let me just phone Craig Levein first to tell him that I'll be staying on after all"

Frankenstein Jambo.
I think the way that Levein treated him was poor.Crocodile tears on the pitch at the end of the season from Levein - and then later in the next season crowing about how he was so smart that he could bring in 2 players with the wages Seve would have got.Those 2 players - Pereira and McAllister.* Not only that - he kept Stamp on for that year too.I like Seve at centre back - but he has played well in a number of games for Aberdeen against us in the centre of midfield.* Would be delighted to see him back at Hearts as he would be better for us in the centre of midfield than anyone we have except Jonsson.* Alternatively he could be a decent partner for Berra.
so where does karapidis fit into that picture? surley better the sev in defence

If you were going up and hassling him about getting a new contract, what the **** did you expect?

"Thanks for annoying **** out of me in my private time, big man. Here, let me buy you a pint. Actually, let me just phone Craig Levein first to tell him that I'll be staying on after all"

I'm afraid that isn't how it went Kweeny, Seve and Maybury were being erse's long before I even drunkenly raised that subject and for the record I bought all three of them a pint before they started acting like twonks. You weren't there so you cant comment.

I'm afraid that isn't how it went Kweeny, Seve and Maybury were being erse's long before I even drunkenly raised that subject and for the record I bought all three of them a pint before they started acting like twonks. You weren't there so you cant comment.

Fair enough, Marty - going by your original post, though, you said that Severin's mate offered you outside for being a bit too forward with him about getting a new contract. From that, it sounds very much like you were being a bit of a walloper yourself.

Fair enough, Marty - going by your original post, though, you said that Severin's mate offered you outside for being a bit too forward with him about getting a new contract. From that, it sounds very much like you were being a bit of a walloper yourself.

Probably was, doesn't change the fact Severin and Maybury were acting like arrogant erse's long before I even raised that subject. Kisnorbo was chatty, friendly and made time for those who recognised him. Severin was distant, arrogant and dismissive.

Probably was, doesn't change the fact Severin and Maybury were acting like arrogant erse's long before I even raised that subject. Kisnorbo was chatty, friendly and made time for those who recognised him. Severin was distant, arrogant and dismissive.

Fair enough.

Never sure where I stand on this one - on one hand, you can understand people in their position just wanting to be left alone, but at the same time by the very nature of their job it'll never happen, and they know that when they get into it. If anything, I'd be inclined to agree with you on it.

Fair enough.

Never sure where I stand on this one - on one hand, you can understand people in their position just wanting to be left alone, but at the same time by the very nature of their job it'll never happen, and they know that when they get into it. If anything, I'd be inclined to agree with you on it.

I don't think it is too much to ask a footballer to be civil if approached by a fan on a night out as long as someone doesn't go over the top. During my uni days (4 years ago now:eek:), I met a number of footballers on nights out including Severin, Maybury, Kisnorbo, Kenny Milne, Steven Boyack, Neil MacFarlane (top man), Kevin Nolan, Dean Holdsworth, Michael Ricketts, Paul Kane and a few others I have forgotten. Of all those the only two who had the billy big time arrogant attitude were Severin and Maybury.

Archived