I'm Giving You 2 million quid

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

To spend on a striker. Not going to happen, but who would you go for ??

Freddy Eastwood.

Lochend Brazil
To spend on a striker. Not going to happen, but who would you go for ??

Freddy Eastwood.

Kris Boyd or Clayton Donaldson.:107years:

Not now, but maube a couple of years ago i would have went for Nicky Forster. Tidy finsisher, good touch and a real handful.

riordan, I know I know.

But he is guaranteed to bang in the goals.

Is that 500k to the Celtic board and the other ?1.5million to bribe Strachan to let him come to us?

Charlie-Brown

This is nonsense.........I am giving you ?500K Total to buy 3 players - also you will have to lose Kingston, Pinilla, Tall, Goncalves, Beslija & Makela - any money raise going towards reducing debts.....

So how good a manager are you?

name your signings & how much you'd pay?

Gigolo-Aunt
This is nonsense.........I am giving you ?500K Total to buy 3 players - also you will have to lose Kingston, Pinilla, Tall, Goncalves, Beslija & Makela - any money raise going towards reducing debts.....

Nicholson (out of contract)

Gow 250k

Severin 250k

Doing a Levein down south, shopping what I know.

Is that 500k to the Celtic board and the other ?1.5million to bribe Strachan to let him come to us?

I dont even think he would want to play for us to be honest! I dont know when his contract runs out but one things for certain, and he knows where the goal is.

This is what I hope happens!!

Lochend Brazil
riordan, I know I know.

But he is guaranteed to bang in the goals.

Little rat belongs in Lochend.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Ishmael Miller

I think both would go for about ?5 million each in the current climate.

shaun.lawson
Any relation? ;)

Nah, he's in a different league to Darren (who, unlike Jeremy Goss, was equally useless for both Hearts and Norwich). Seeing as it's a cast iron certainty that Leeds will finish 7th, exactly 15 points off automatic promotion, Beckford will be available in the summer - and I think he'd have a field day in the SPL. Plus, if we bought him, Wealdstone, the non-league club I follow, would get a nice selling-on fee into the bargain - and everyone's happy!

It's not a striker but I would break the bank to bring in Paul Robinson from West Brom.

Quality defender, absolute nutter and definite captain material.

Would get any overpaid ponce in this team by the throat and threaten to do some serious damage!

He's got the mentality Christophe Berra can only dream of having.

Gigolo-Aunt
Nah, he's in a different league to Darren (who, unlike Jeremy Goss, was equally useless for both Hearts and Norwich). Seeing as it's a cast iron certainty that Leeds will finish 7th, exactly 15 points off automatic promotion, Beckford will be available in the summer - and I think he'd have a field day in the SPL. Plus, if we bought him, Wealdstone, the non-league club I follow, would get a nice selling-on fee into the bargain - and everyone's happy!

If that happens I would expect the police to raid your house and hold you for corruption in the game.

Shaun Lawson = mister fixit.

;)

Charlie-Brown

Gow 250k

Severin 250k

Not bad choices GA although would the sticky's accept ?250K for Gow? Hopefully they would.....

anyway in answer to your original post

Nordin Amrabat (VVV Venlo altho soon to be PSV)

Little rat belongs in Lochend.

In the past when rumours have been flying about that we were meant to be signing him I was disgusted.

But to be honest now I think he is a player and could definatly do a job for us!

Even though I hate the little ******* ;)

Gigolo-Aunt
Not bad choices GA although would the sticky's accept ?250K for Gow? Hopefully they would.....

anyway in answer to your original post

Nordin Amrabat (VVV Venlo altho soon to be PSV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGjBNSRi1c

What 3 players would you try and pick up for 500k, mate ??

Charlie-Brown
What 3 players would you try and pick up for 500k, mate ??

1. Lee Miller (bosman)

2. Barry Nicholson (bosman)

3. Alan Maybury (bosman)

I'd then stick the 500K towards debt or a decent coach.... :)

shaun.lawson
If that happens I would expect the police to raid your house and hold you for corruption in the game.

Shaun Lawson = mister fixit.

;)

:gangsta::stitch::ninja:

Gigolo-Aunt
1. Lee Miller (bosman)

2. Barry Nicholson (bosman)

3. Alan Maybury (bosman)

I'd then stick the 500K towards debt or a decent coach.... :)

Sod the debt !!

Was Maybury only signed till the end of the season by the sheep ??

Would take Lee Miller back,TBH. Know a lot of Hearts fans would not accept him though.

Charlie-Brown

There are any number of interesting SPL players you could hope to pick up for less than ?500K

Beuzelin, W.Flood, B.Nicholson, Gow, Severin, R.McCormack, Kerr & etc. etc.

Charlie-Brown
Sod the debt !!

Was Maybury only signed till the end of the season by the sheep ??

Would take Lee Miller back,TBH. Know a lot of Hearts fans would not accept him though.

Maybury only signed for Dons on loan until the end of the season, not entirely sure what his contract with Leicester is although he was looking to reach some settlement.

Charlie-Brown
David Connolly for 500k anyone?;)

I know the name but can't quite place the player...any reminders or vids? :)

David Connolly for 500k anyone?;)

He's a pretty decent Championship level player is he not?

Maybe not made the grade in the Premiership but I always liked him.

shaun.lawson

Think West Ham or Feyenoord, NMH, among others. Connolly turned down a move to Carrow Road in Summer 2003, and joined the newly relegated Hammers instead; at which point we went up, and they stayed down. Ha!

Gigolo-Aunt

Has always been a very decent Champioship striker but not quite Premiership quality. Repuclic of Ireland International.

Played in Holland for a whilei if I remember right.

Must be pushing 30 now.

Jambof3tornado
With the 2 million I would buy Robert Earnshaw

Aye,given the right service he could score for fun in the spl.:)

Aye,given the right service he could score for fun in the spl.:)

Looks more like a Hibs player though.

Right ugly barsteward.

Imagine him and burnt-face Benji up front :eek:

Millfield_Mackem

Connolly has always excelled at Championship level. Never had it in him to step up to Prem level.

Notched 13 goals for us last season, and he didn't get given a proper chance until before Christmas.

Scored 8 in 8 IIRC.

He's 30 year old atm, lost what he had of his legs. The Scottish game would suit his game mind. He's a very intelligent striker.

Charlie-Brown

Michael Higdon or Carl Finnegan or Graham Barrett at Falkirk might all be better prospect than some ageing altho seemingly decent irish player?

I would speak to Liverpool about getting the lad Adam Hammill (who played for Dunfermline last season) on loan. He is on a season long loan at Southampton but they have struggled big time.

Depending on what happens after their loan periods I would be looking at Russell Anderson, Gary Teale, Stephen Pearson and Craig Beattie.

I agree with those talking up Lee Miller but for me Nicholson and Severin are no better than we have in central mid and would hinder the likes of Jonsson's opportunities. Flood would look to be a good signing as would McCarthy from Hamilton who despite all the speculation is still there (let's get in there and if he does well sell him on).

Charlie-Brown
I would speak to Liverpool about getting the lad Adam Hammill (who played for Dunfermline last season) on loan. He is on a season long loan at Southampton but they have struggled big time.

Depending on what happens after their loan periods I would be looking at Russell Anderson, Gary Teale, Stephen Pearson and Craig Beattie.

I agree with those talking up Lee Miller but for me Nicholson and Severin are no better than we have in central mid and would hinder the likes of Jonsson's opportunities. Flood would look to be a good signing as would McCarthy from Hamilton who despite all the speculation is still there (let's get in there and if he does well sell him on).

Nicholson and Severin (or Maybury) would offer experience and as importantly SPL know how that we are perhaps importantly lacking - not that they are particularly great as individuals but they could help younger players to progress?

Gow 250kSeverin 250k

I realise message boards are all about opinions but I have never, ever understood the fascination on here with Alan Gow. Call me a revolutionary thinker but I'm going to suggest a reason he can't even get on the bench for Rangers.

He's not very good?!

Gigolo-Aunt
I realise message boards are all about opinions but I have never, ever understood the fascination on here with Alan Gow. Call me a revolutionary thinker but I'm going to suggest a reason he can't even get on the bench for Rangers.

He's not very good?!

Gow always impressed me greatly when he played for Falkirk. Have heard several stories about how a fall out with Smith is the reason he has been overlooked on many occasions by Rangers this season. That may or not be true.

Still, been a played (like I said) who has impressed me. And also, unfortunatly these days not getting a game for Rangers is not a bench mark for not being good enough for Hearts.

IMO he would walk in to that Hearts midfield and would be excellent value for money.

Archived