Well done the team but also the fans -- we helped !

CJGJ

Team gave an outstanding performance -- Rudi and Webster just brilliant but lets also mention us (I know self praise and all that but ...) -- helped by a dreadful referee and a sense of injustice the crowd reacted as I wish it would every week -- well done. :thumbsup:

Problem Officer?

Agreed, great atmosphere today. :)

Everyone involved with this magnificent club can take a bow.

jamboinglasgow

I think the penalty helped create the atmosphere as it gave the fans a sense of injustice to build on, this added with the determination shown by the players it also got the fans fired up. Good effort all round in turning what looked like a bad result into an amazing result and game.

I think the penalty helped create the atmosphere as it gave the fans a sense of injustice to build on, this added with the determination shown by the players it also got the fans fired up.

Agreed. I think if we had kept 11 men on the field and not conceded a penalty we might have put in a few more goals but the atmosphere wouldn't have been anything like it was.

Sounds daft but the sending off was probably the best thing that could have happened. Got the fans behind the team, created a great atmosphere and gave the players a massive lift which in turn resulted in a fantastic team performance.

No doubt today will give the lads a huge confidence boost going into the next game and may convince the club even more that keeping Rudi is crucial.

The whole stadium bowing to Rudi at the same time :wub:

Would love to see a picture/video of that if there's one kicking about. It was a fantastic moment.

Guest C00l K1d

Not been to tynie in a while now and it was my first game back apart from the 'John wilson' game

is that what is a good atmosphere now?

I mean there was a couple of odd good bits but i thought it was pretty average/shite tbh

Just goes to show what we can do for the team when they need us, it's just a shame that it took a tosspot ref to get us singing again. We should always be right behind the side at home, because today was amazing. :thumbsup:

Problem Officer?

Not been to tynie in a while now and it was my first game back apart from the 'John wilson' game

I mean there was a couple of odd good bits but i thought it was pretty average/shite tbh

Well if it's your first game since that game then clearly - that was the most intense atmosphere I've been a part of.

For a game not against Hibs, Celtic, or Rangers though, it was decent today.

Edit: my 1874th post. :sergioyay:

Fair enough but you cant deny that the last half hour was electric :thumbsup:

Excellent atmosphere for a game against St Mirren, would be great if we could have the same every home game.

Well stay at home then you [mod edit]. It was a fantastic atmosphere today. The atmosphere is often flat unless we play Hibs, Celtic or Rangers but today it was really good.

Guest C00l K1d

Well stay at home then you tool. It was a fantastic atmosphere today. The atmosphere is often flat unless we play Hibs, Celtic or Rangers but today it was really good.

:what:

I still enjoyed the game you [mod edit]

Guest C00l K1d

Fair enough but you cant deny that the last half hour was electric :thumbsup:

Aye when rudi got his hat trick it started to pick up a bit.

I think if the whole game was like that i would've thought different.

It's just a bit shite when a game like that is considered a good atmosphere now :lol:

Well stay at home then you [mod edit]. It was a fantastic atmosphere today. The atmosphere is often flat unless we play Hibs, Celtic or Rangers but today it was really good.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Problem Officer?

:lol::lol: Just realised how petty i came across

I thought it was gonna kick off pwoppa nawtie for a minute there. :arry:

Konrad von Carstein

The atmosphere was blinding!!! People were CLAPPING in time to the songs in Sect B.......saw it with my own eyes.....god knows how they unwrapped the sweeties! <_<

Captain Scarlett

I would just like to thank the team and the supporeters for a great game/atmosphere today and can say well done to you all cos it helped me put a big smile on my face when i was driving a service 26 bus throughout the game and all the passengers were thinking "what a cheery driver" when i had my earphones in....cheers y'all.

Sitting, well standing in section G, the atmosphere was excellent. Lots of songs, some which made me laugh out loud (the stuff about fifa and the hobos having no badge was superb.) For a game against one of the lesser teams it was excellent. Especially after that referee got involved. Saw Rudi, Kello and Paulo all waving and bowing to the support today. Thouroughly had a good time.

Radioactive Mince

I've been going to games for about 19 years and, 05-06 aside, that is one of the best atmospheres you will get at Tynecastle with a 12-13k crowd against one of the smaller SPL clubs (apart from Hibs).

If we had went 2-0 up early doors instead of what actually happened Tynie would've been pretty quiet, as is usual for these games IMO.

Left the famous old ground feeling not just happy at the result, but thoroughly entertained after a game that seemed to have everything.

The atmosphere was very good,, so well do e but would be even better if more fol turned up.

Also, I know some folk genuinely need to leave before the final whistle, because they have buses or trains, or perhaps mobility issues or small kids but I do not believe that was the case for everyone, so it is a shame some folk could not stay just a couple of minutes later to applaud off the team. If you were that desperate for a pint then you have a problem.

Richard Bath at Tynecastle for the Scotsman:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts_5_2_st_mirren_rudi_skacel_hat_trick_eases_tynecastle_men_out_of_a_spot_or_two_of_bother_1_2057927

"this hugely entertaining game crackled with intensity, quality and an almost palpable desperation to win from both sides, all played out against the deafening backdrop of a broiling Tynecastle"

Best

TW

section_G_stu

Sitting, well standing in section G, the atmosphere was excellent. Lots of songs, some which made me laugh out loud (the stuff about fifa and the hobos having no badge was superb.) For a game against one of the lesser teams it was excellent. Especially after that referee got involved. Saw Rudi, Kello and Paulo all waving and bowing to the support today. Thouroughly had a good time.

The song i started was. ''On football manager you wont have a badge'' LOL Great atmosphere for st mirren :)

Thats the one.

Made me laugh.Love to hear folk trying to come up with new stuff, getting behind the team and causing others to get involved.

Nelly Terraces

Clocked Paulo coming onto the pitch at the end and making a point of clapping all four stands. Don't think the backing the team got went unnoticed by the suave one. Well done all, great day to be at Tynie. :thumbsup:

Clocked Paulo coming onto the pitch at the end and making a point of clapping all four stands. Don't think the backing the team got went unnoticed by the suave one. Well done all, great day to be at Tynie. :thumbsup:

Plus a nice swanky meal and 'several' bevvies afterwards to boot Nell's :thumbsup:

Riddley Walker

Yesterday was one of my favourite games for a long time, especially against a smaller team. Felt like the fans and the team were pulling together properly which sometimes doesn't happen. Was well chuffed after the game.

Archived