Today's ref

Boab Mugabe

Unlucky pal. You did your very best to get Paisley Celtic a result the day.

Needless to say, thanks to Rudi and co. you FAILED MISERABLY.

:greggy: :sergioyay::jjyay::brucey:

Cardiac Rucksack

Unlucky pal. You did your very best to get Paisley Celtic a result the day.

Needless to say, thanks to Rudi and co. you FAILED MISERABLY.

:greggy: :sergioyay::jjyay::brucey:

He sounded awful on the radio, glad his attempts at cheating Hearts were dashed by Sir Rudolph. :brucey:

He was atrocious. I had friends up from England at the game who commented that he was refereeing a different game than we were watching.

Ahhh, the weekly Celtic like paranoia thread.

Nobody going to moan about Rudi's foul just before he made it 2-2 and changed the game?

Naw, didn't think so.

Get over it man. Ref's make mistakes.

stirlingshirejambo

I've just listened to Danny Lennon and he claims the referee lost st liedown the game today. Claimed they should have had a foul before rudi's goal and generally gave Hearts everything. What a walloper was he watching the game.

Nobody going to moan about Rudi's foul just before he made it 2-2 and changed the game?

Naw, didn't think so.

Ramming it up everyone in spite of those conspiring against the good ship Heart of Midlothian makes it all the sweeter.

:greggy:

I've just listened to Danny Lennon and he claims the referee lost st liedown the game today. Claimed they should have had a foul before rudi's goal and generally gave Hearts everything. What a walloper was he watching the game.

Standard response from a guy when his team gets pumped by only 10 men. :smug:

Well Lennon was right in one regard about the ref - his bizarre decisions actually created an atmosphere which the team responded to.

Naw, didn't think so.

Nobody's moaning about Rudi's foul because it was never a foul.

We did win, and refs make mistakes, but this ref was totally out of his depth.

I would need to see the pen again, but if he gives a pen, it should be a red card, regardless of the the keeper having it covered (see Zal's red card at Fester last year).

What was Black's booking for? Can't recall the ref waving play on if there was a foul just before that.

Not exactly sure unless it was as McGowan broke and ran across him he clipped him but to me it looked like he'd pulled out of the challenge. Put it down to reputation.

Naw, didn't think so.

You've becomme very moany recently.

The ref today was just another cheat who prefers the west coast sides

and knows he will be fast tracked by the GFA every time he makes any of them win.

"Your not fit to referee", sung for corrupt clowns like him.

And the Wheatfield linesman was just as bad.

The knob put his flag up for offside against Novikovas when Suso

took a throw in to him . . . learn the feckin rules ya fud ! ! ! :angry:

marshallschunkychicken

Not exactly sure unless it was as McGowan broke and ran across him he clipped him but to me it looked like he'd pulled out of the challenge. Put it down to reputation.

That's exactly what it was for. A nothing challenge that Blackie pulled out of.

He also totally ignored a st mirren player going in studs showing on Rudi's thigh about ten minutes later.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The referee was a disgrace to the scottish football association and its funny how they are very quick to dish out the cards on Hearts players but not on the other teams in trhe league , consistencey and fair play is what football is all about

Ramming it up everyone in spite of those conspiring against the good ship Heart of Midlothian makes it all the sweeter.

:greggy:

Quite right sir, quite right.

:verysmug:

The ref had a shocker.

He let them away with niggley fouls whereas we were pulled up and booked for them.

What was the card count today?

I did think Rudi gave a wee shove before his 1st though. :thumbsup:

Blacks was a foul and I think he got a yellow for it being from behind.

He let them away with murder.

:facepalm:

Unbelievable. :lol:

I'm guessing you don't sit in N, close to where it happened.

Ref was poor today, but he wasn't trying to cheat anyone. That's all I'm saying. Brutal paranoia on here.

I'm sure ian black will miss the celtic game now due to suspension after that booking

...........so mission accomplished for the GFA eh?

We did win, and refs make mistakes, but this ref was totally out of his depth.

I would need to see the pen again, but if he gives a pen, it should be a red card, regardless of the the keeper having it covered (see Zal's red card at Fester last year).

Depends whether the keeper only had it covered or actually had posession. If the opponent no longer has possession then there is no longer a goal scoring opportunity.

It was a hell of a close call and probably impossible to make with absolute certainty.

If he turns out to be wrong then it's an understandable mistake.

That aside

His general perfomance was shit

Captain Bubblebeard

Blackie deserved his card imo. Tried to trip their lad as he broke but missed/made minimal contact - ref waved advantage and called it back when the ball was dead. Would have been looking for a booking for an opponent in similar circumstances and equally would've been looking for a red at the penalty. That said, Talbot defender and Stackbeast both avoided reds against us in the last two matches that were probably a similar level of debatability (real word), so in that sense, think we can feel hard done by. Highlights may tell a different story I guess, but that's how I felt on first viewing...

Francis Albert

Naw, didn't think so.

And football fans moan about refs' mistakes and are often a wee bit biased. Get over it.

Worst ref I have seen at Tynecastle :down:

.... And there's been a few!

When the St mirren boy kicked it out for an injury and he gave a dropped ball instead of a throw in?! Wtf! Shocking performance

I thought the referee was very poor today ... no consistency in decision making ... more than a few cloggers and loose mouths who were spoken too in the St Liedown team today, for offences which merited bookings IMO

Ref was poor today, but he wasn't trying to cheat anyone. That's all I'm saying. Brutal paranoia on here.

I sit in W, and I personally didn't see anything wrong with it. Fair enough that you had a better view - I'll wait to see it again in the highlights.

I wouldn't say he was trying to cheat anyone either - I just think he was brutally out of his depth.

Thunderstruck

On Football Focus today, the ex Ref said that getting consistency within a game was about all that could be expected - we didn't even get that. In first half, Sutton was taken out of the game at the edge of the box, the Ref payed advantage a move broke down but no action taken. In second half, Black catches a player, ref plays advantage but books Black when ball goes dead.

What about when a St Mirren player kicked the ball out as Black was injured - then he started play with a bounce ball rather than a throw in???

Terrible, terrible display.

scott herbertson

...........so mission accomplished for the GFA eh?

better off missing that one as he'll get sent off there anyway

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Ref had a shocker today no doubt but I was surprised he never gave a foul before Skacel's first goal, looked like a shove on the edge of the area.

His main problem was inconsistency, giving us bookings for little fouls and they'd do the same and get nothing. Sutton got dragged all over the shop in the first half and hardly won any free kicks from that. The incident with Skacel in the second half was incredible, he was going to give it back to them. The ref didn't need to drop the ball for him in order to kick it back.

Will need to see the penalty incident again before making judgement on that decision, didn't have the best angle from my seat.

We won though, and won well. That's the important thing.

The sending off seemed to galvanise the team, as it created a siege mentality amongst the players and the fans; us against the world. :thumbsup:

The atmosphere was very good today.

If that hadn't happened it would have been a 2-0 win with no thrills and spills, accompanied by a very poor atmosphere.

This is just an observation btw, and I'm not pleased that zal got a red, nor am I defending a very poor refereeing performance.

And football fans moan about refs' mistakes and are often a wee bit biased. Get over it.

There's a difference between moaning and cheating paranoia!

I sit in W, and I personally didn't see anything wrong with it. Fair enough that you had a better view - I'll wait to see it again in the highlights.

I wouldn't say he was trying to cheat anyone either - I just think he was brutally out of his depth.

Watch this, I will be wrong come the highlights. :lol:. But it looked a blatant barge to me. The reaction of the St Mirren players and dugout spoke volumes for me too.....

Totally agree with you on out his depth.

hibs knob end

Footballfirst

The worst decision was the Ref and the Wheatfield Lino completely ignoring the rugby tackle on Sutton, around the halfway line as Hearts tried to break

Terrible performance from the man in black.

And the Wheatfield linesman was just as bad.

How bad was he!? Dire! :ninja:

I was in the Gorgie, wearing glasses for the first time might I add, and for me it was never a pen. That said I had my eye on the ball and on Kello so couldn't really see if Zal did anything. Even if there was a nudge it shouldn't have been a red since McGowan just dribbled into Kello before going down and had lost his chance. The ref was balls (he was right next to Novi at the end and didn't give a corner!) but we won so I'm certainly over it - will be interesting to see if we appeal Zal's red if it turns out to have been the wrong decision. Don't really fancy Mrowiec dealing with any aerial threat going by Thomson's goal

Incidentally, what a performance the day :thumbsup:

There's a difference between moaning and cheating paranoia!

Watch this, I will be wrong come the highlights. :lol:. But it looked a blatant barge to me. The reaction of the St Mirren players and dugout spoke volumes for me too.....

Totally agree with you on out his depth.

Just watched the goals on SSN and, from the camera angle, there was absolutely nothing in the challenge

PLUS

the penalty - MacGowan had a poor touch and at the "foul" the ball was running right into Kello's arms.

Argument for penalty because it looked like Zal made contact but should have been a yellow as he did not actually have the ball at that point!

john brownlee

you would know about that being a smellic fan (broonaldo)

Archived