"Hearts players were set to wage war"

tartofmidlothian

Great servant to the club and will be sad to see him go. One player who will definately be missed on and off the park.

Craig Herbertson

Up there with Cruickshank and Rousset

:whistling:

Except that JIm Cruikshank played for HMFC 394 times. They are all great keepers though and I'd be gutted to see Kello go.

Charlie-Brown

Except that JIm Cruikshank played for HMFC 394 times. They are all great keepers though and I'd be gutted to see Kello go.

After Cruicky we saw Henry emerge, then after Henry big Gilles emerged, after Rousset it was Antti Niemi and then when he went it wasn't long before Craig Gordon carried the torch and then when he left it allowed Kello to emerge and others will follow him but between those 6 keepers we've had almost 50 years of having great goalies from the early 1960's until the present. Of course there have been numerous in-betweeners & back up goalies but none of them lasted very long except Roddy McKenzie who was here for a decade.

Fear Not! :)

eddie fenwick

After Cruicky we saw Henry emerge, then after Henry big Gilles emerged, after Rousset it was Antti Niemi and then when he went it wasn't long before Craig Gordon carried the torch and then when he left it allowed Kello to emerge and others will follow him but between those 6 keepers we've had almost 50 years of having great goalies from the early 1960's until the present. Of course there have been numerous in-betweeners & back up goalies but none of them lasted very long except Roddy McKenzie who was here for a decade.

you forgot thomson allan :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

you forgot thomson allan :thumbsup:

I remember a save he made where he saved a low shot by sinking down on to his knees and tipping the ball up & over the bar - it was weird to see but it was actually a really good save. :turned:

stirlingshirejambo

Says all the right things. :wub:

Today could be last time he plays at Tynecastle. Knowing Marian's sense of timing he will play a blinder. Will be sad to see him go more than most.

Charlie-Brown

I abhor how nicky walker always gets forgotten about!!!!!

Nicky Walker was great for approx 15-18 months when his blinding form earned him deserved Scotland call up's however either side of that spell before & after he was poor/erratic.

It's wrong to feel emotional at that article isn't it?

Well I am. If today is his last game, I wont be there. :( Thanks Marian Kello... not only for your talent but your dignity with the press.

I think the highlight has to be him saving a penalty for Jim. Will stay forever in our memories as fans.

PS Don't swing the bar anywhere else. :thumbsup:

Kenny Garland. I'm sure I heard something about him holding a record for saving the most penalties in 90 minutes. 3 against Morton in a reserve game. I could be wrong but this sticks in my mind. The JKB stattos will correct me if I am mistaken.

Will you think the same, after he signs for Rangers or Celtic ?

Has he enough street cred to do a "Hartley" ?

Why would ranger want or need him?

He could do far Better than that shower of hate that is the old firm.

Will you think the same, after he signs for Rangers or Celtic ?

Has he enough street cred to do a "Hartley" ?

I'd be slightly surprised if he signed for Celtic, he doesn't really care for NL.

Rankgers might want him if they're forced to sell McGregor.

Smelltic would want him cos he's better than any they currently have.

I'm not convinced he has enough street cred for one of those moves, much as I like him

The Great Khali

I find it an abomination that Steve Banks is never mentioned in the goal-keepers we love chat.

He was of course Englands number one :ninja:

Am I the only one hearing alarm bells after reading some of the things Marian has said?

There has.been a lot of hearsay about how the players have felt but Marian confirms that it caused arguments in the dressing room and poor performances on the training field.

Can only hope that Jan wages go in on time and things continue to settle down both on and off the pitch.

We may have got off lightly by just losing Stevenson and a few points. It sounds like it had the potential to really tear the squad apart.

Hopefully it is behind us and we're moving in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Where in that article does he say they were "ready to wage war"? Typical Sun rubbish!

It doesn't. It is typical shoddy journalism where te story does not match the headline.

All Kello says was that the players who were not use to it were upset and angry. Hardly the same thing. I have been upset and angry with my employers before bit I have never been set to go to war with them.

john brownlee

did you have to spoil it

MacGregor's form is slightly worse than that of Craig Samson's.

Indeed has any keeper made as many mistakes as AM in the SPL this season.

The Great Khali

MacGregor's form is slightly worse than that of Craig Samson's.

Indeed has any keeper made as many mistakes as AM in the SPL this season.

Greegsy has been only bettered by Sir Marian of Kello this season IMO. He has been in good form, perhaps is best ever. I don't normally but I agree with Roughys quotes in the paper yesterday. He does seem like a totally new man this season. No front pages just back pages.

Goalies and centre halves of a high calibre appear to be our forte. If only we could find strikers and play makers of the same stature on a regular basis. Then we would always be in the running.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

What about Craig Nelson ?

I thought he was rubbish. I didn't care much for Walker, either.

Am I the only one hearing alarm bells after reading some of the things Marian has said?

There has.been a lot of hearsay about how the players have felt but Marian confirms that it caused arguments in the dressing room and poor performances on the training field.

Can only hope that Jan wages go in on time and things continue to settle down both on and off the pitch.

We may have got off lightly by just losing Stevenson and a few points. It sounds like it had the potential to really tear the squad apart.

Hopefully it is behind us and we're moving in the right direction. :thumbsup:

On the other side if you read Stuart Bathgate's report in the Hootsman you get a different take on the matter

A Different View

Kello says that the hardest part was switching off from the financial stuff to concentrating on the game come 3pm on Saturday. He also goes on to mention that when he was starting out and was playing for Kocise in Slovakia he wasn't payed for 7 month, and still waiting for the back pay.

There is also an excellent article about Alan Gilzean in the middle pages, great read about a great striker that I remember as a lad. apparently he along with Dave Mackay, Cliff Jones, Bobby Charlton & and Nobby Stiles managed by John Charles went on a old-timers 5 aside tour of Sweden, must have been a bit impressive to see.

However if you want to read and believe a scummy Red-Top with a distinctive weedgie bias,then that's your prerogative.......

Archived