Council loses Equal pay action

gadgey55

Anyone on here know about this that's been dragging on for donkeys now.

My Mrs got a text from a colleague telling her that they have won the case over equal pay. The Mrs is a social care worker in Edinburgh ye see.

The thing that is bothering me though, is that she hasn't actually made a claim over it, as she was on maternity leave when it was all kicking off and we're unsure if she will have to put in a claim to get some dough!

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16496913

The case was actually won a few years back, I believe this is the council have just lost their final appeal against that decision.

Get your Mrs to speak to the Union tomorrow, as if she does have to lodge a claim, there will be a strict time limit on it. Hopefully she doesn't need to mate, as I think she will already be too late, but her Steward will know for sure.

Anyone on here know about this that's been dragging on for donkeys now.

My Mrs got a text from a colleague telling her that they have won the case over equal pay. The Mrs is a social care worker in Edinburgh ye see.

The thing that is bothering me though, is that she hasn't actually made a claim over it, as she was on maternity leave when it was all kicking off and we're unsure if she will have to put in a claim to get some dough!

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16496913

Most LA's offered compensation to staff involved when this first came up, lots took it with an agreement to not then go to court others signed up with lawyers to go to ET's to pursue it further.

Those who went to lawyers will get a payout from Edinburgh based on the link, while those who took the settlement won't.

Did your good lady get offered and sign up for the compo on offer?

If so, then chances are she won't get, however if she didn't take her compensation then she may still have a shout of getting some cash.

Best thing to do is contact her union rep if she didn't get a compensation offer to get their stance on it.

Archived