Elvis to return ( merged threads )

Calel

It is a certainty that Elvis will take part given he was at Robbie's testimonial dinner. Hopefully he gets a great reception. There is an element of the support who cannot forgive him for the fist-pumping but there is no place for any animosity on this day, especially in front of our clubs legends who remember the supporters so fondly.

Great idea by Robbie and the club and gives us a chance to pay homage to those who have given us some fantastic memories.

Sorry mate - the site of Pressley's totally over the top celebrations in front of the Celtic fans still makes me seeth! :evilno:

From hero to ZERO in one chest thump!!

bigbryanthejambo

I agree that on a day of such importance for the club, when so many legends will be back at Tynecastle no boo's should ring for Mr Pressley.

Can't see it though. Far too many people caught up in the chest pumping.

It is a certainty he won't be as Celtic play Hibs at Parkhead that afternoon !!

There will be very few from the 06 team who have left the club involved in my opinion.

Sorry mate - the site of Pressley's totally over the top celebrations in front of the Celtic fans still makes me seeth! :evilno:

I think thats was for vlad not a dig at us!

Elvis is not a Celtic fan if anything he is a Ger! but i would imagine he has a special place in his heart for HMFC regardless what you think about his chest pumping!!

Susie-Jambo-66

I will be there watching Mr Pressley

Can't wait to see him in a Hearts Shirt again

ELVIS-4-EVER

I didn't realise that so it may be unlikely he will play. Nonetheless surely people could put their differences aside for 90 minutes on what is a day of celebrations for everybody.

I will be there watching Mr Pressley

Can't wait to see him in a Hearts Shirt again

ELVIS-4-EVER

Celtic play Hibs that day so he won't be there however in my opinion you will get your wish to see Elvis as part of HMFC again in the future.

It is a certainty he won't be as Celtic play Hibs at Parkhead that afternoon !!

There will be very few from the 06 team who have left the club involved in my opinion.

He doesn't really play for Celtic anymore though does he?

MackaysCentreSpot

It will be a great pleasure to see such a Hearts legend and gent gracing the turf of Tynie once again.

Pressley is and always will be Mr Hearts as he showed how people should conduct themselves on the park and off the park.

If I had to name one thing that Vlad did that was most detremental to HMFC was to let Steven Pressley leave Hearts.

Guest JamboRobbo

If I had to name one thing that Vlad did that was most detremental to HMFC was to let Steven Pressley leave Hearts.

Agreed. That was right up there, and has probably had the most long term effect. i.e. No leader since he left, which is hindering every young player at our club.

Fort Vallance
I didn't realise that so it may be unlikely he will play. Nonetheless surely people could put their differences aside for 90 minutes on what is a day of celebrations for everybody.

If its the last time Neilson pulls on a Hearts shirt then a day of celebration is bang on ! (Save the pelters, I've heard it)

He probably will play that day if Celtic have nothing to play for. I'm not too disappointed that he won't be there.

Guest gorgie kev

He could have celebrated like when larsson scored for barca against celtic,instead he decided to go over the top.Whether it was meant for Vlad or not it was like sticking the middle finger up at the Hearts fans.

Susie-Jambo-66
Celtic play Hibs that day so he won't be there however in my opinion you will get your wish to see Elvis as part of HMFC again in the future.

I hope so. It would make my day having him back at Hearts :)

Oh how we could have done with someone like Pressley this season.

It would be great if he can play in Robbies game, best captain we have had in recent times. I prefer to think of him lifting the cup than a bit of GIRFUY Romanov chest pumping.

He could have celebrated like when larsson scored for barca against celtic,instead he decided to go over the top.Whether it was meant for Vlad or not it was like sticking the middle finger up at the Hearts fans.

Exactly. Completely uncalled for, even though i'd agree it wasn't intended to get at us.....bridges burned.

Maybe not but he is far too good a professional to come through to some nothing match in Edinburgh when his employers have a match in Glasgow. As it is Celtic's last home game and in all likelihood the league will be wrapped up he may well get a final run out in a Celtic shirt.

Rudolf's Mate

Chest pumping or not.... At the end of the day who can blame him for his reaction after the way he and others around him were treated!

Never mind that though.... God will be pulling on a Hearts jersey again!!!

Stephane Adam will get a huge reception from the faithfull!

I think thats was for vlad not a dig at us!

Elvis is not a Celtic fan if anything he is a Ger! but i would imagine he has a special place in his heart for HMFC regardless what you think about his chest pumping!!

Vlad was NOT at the game!!!

If the Hearts fans had such a special place in his Heart he could have shaken hands in the centre circle then diplomatically left the field.

His anics that day were appalling and he did everything to wind the Hearts fans up. People on here have short memories! To remind you -

* He went against convention and reversed which way they played after winning the toss.

* Gave the Referee big stick and 'diving' motions at the first (blatant) free kick given away by Celtic.

* Running 70 yards for totally over the top celebrations right in front of the Hearts fans when they scored.

* Making sure he isolated himself after the game so that we could all see his chest thumping antics in front of the Celtic fans.

* Almost delerious cuddling of Celtic players as he headed for the tunnel.

Pressley was there to stick it right up the fans who had loyally supported him through all his issues with Vlad - THAT was the thanks he gave us!!!:evilno:

Susie-Jambo-66
Chest pumping or not.... At the end of the day who can blame him for his reaction after the way he and others around him were treated!

Well said :P

Guest S.U.S.S.

He can take his chest pumping and stick it.

Took his silver from Vlad then kept quiet about the goings on. I for one will not be cheering the ex legend.

for clarification, even after he left i considered him a legend, will always love his playing days, but i lost all respect for him with his up yours to vlad, wrong time wrong place.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed.

And here was me thinking i was going to be bored this afternoon....

Thank Christ there's a new Elvis thread to keep me amused.

I'll go for 7 pages. ;)

MackaysCentreSpot

If the Hearts fans had such a special place in his Heart he could have shaken hands in the centre circle then diplomatically left the field.

His anics that day were appalling and he did everything to wind the Hearts fans up. People on here have short memories! To remind you -

* He went against convention and reversed which way they played after winning the toss.

* Gave the Referee big stick and 'diving' motions at the first (blatant) free kick given away by Celtic.

* Running 70 yards for totally over the top celebrations right in front of the Hearts fans when they scored.

* Making sure he isolated himself after the game so that we could all see his chest thumping antics in front of the Celtic fans.

Pressley was there to stick it right up the fans who had loyally supported him through all his issues with Vlad - THAT was the thanks he gave us!!!:evilno:

That is of course your opinion....................and you are entitled to it.

But I disagree with you, especially the highlighted part.

I bear no ill will at all towards Pressley.

He was a tremendous player for us, a good captain and great with the fans and the media. Hugh Dallas always used to say that the best player to referee was Pressley. I will always remember him fondly for lifting the Cup.

As for the banging his chest stuff. Even if I was bothered about it it is surely insignificant compared to what he gave Hearts?

Guest gorgie kev
And here was me thinking i was going to be bored this afternoon....

Thank Christ there's a new Elvis thread to keep me amused.

I'll go for 7 pages. ;)

The mods will be busy could be a couple of suspensions chucked in with good measure once people get a few bevvys down them:confused:

I often agree with much you say Lambo but I think you have got it all wrong with this one. It comes across as total paranoia and is so OTT it's unreal. Emotions and feelings were still very raw when once again Celtic came from behind to beat us and get a vctory they barely deserved. Elvis was teated abysmally by Hearts after giving great service both as a player on the field and an ambassador of it and as I say he had just helped snatch victory from what should have been defeat. He never made any gestures to Hearts fans and merely celebrated like he would have in any of the several hundred games he played for us, big fecking deal, it's football ! If we can't handle that then jeez what's the game coming too ?

Despite the fact we all probably new his performances were waning he still had a major role to play at he club (he would be a million times better than 'Shaggy' for a start). He was given an unlikely but fantastic opportunity (financial security wise) to go to Celtic and whilst we all despise them as a professional footballer of his age there was no way he was ever going to trn them down. I ask you, who would ??

At some stage all the Pressley haters will need to get over it as I suspect he will be a Hearts manager of the future.

As for the banging his chest stuff. Even if I was bothered about it it is surely insignificant compared to what he gave Hearts?

Great post - my sentiments exactly.

Cardiac Rucksack
That is of course your opinion....................and you are entitled to it.

But I disagree with you, especially the highlighted part.

Wasn't at the game as I was watching the Mighty Real in Madrid that week. But from what I have heard I think the majority would actually agree with that statement.

Are you referring to the way he was "treated" by Hearts fans at the game??

Some of you need a reality check on what actually happened that day!

1. When Pressley appeared out of the tunnel for the warm up he was warmly applauded by the Hearts fans in the stadium.

2. When his name was read out the majority of Hearts fans applauded with only one or two isolated boo's.

3. He wins the toss and decides to kick 'the other way'. Some Hearts fans think he is at the wind up and some boo!:sad:

4. First seconds of the game and Celtic hack down Bednar(?), immediately Pressley runs over and mouths off to the Ref with 'diving' motions. More Hearts fans boo him.:(

5. Celtic score the equaliser and Pressley runs 70 yards into the Hearts corner of the ground for totally over the top celebrations. The majority of Hearts fans boo him.:mad:

6. Celtic score the winner - we are pig sick! The final whistle goes and Pressley makes sure he is visible to everybody with the chest thumping/fist pumping antics in front of the Celtis fans! He get's PELTERS from the Hearts fans!:evilno:

The vast majority of Hearts fans went along to this game with the intention of giving Pressley respect!

HE however had another agenda!!!!!

MackaysCentreSpot

1. When Pressley appeared out of the tunnel for the warm up he was warmly applauded by the Hearts fans in the stadium.

2. When his name was read out the majority of Hearts fans applauded with only one or two isolated boo's.

3. He wins the toss and decides to kick 'the other way'. Some Hearts fans think he is at the wind up and some boo!:sad:

4. First seconds of the game and Celtic hack down Bednar(?), immediately Pressley runs over and mouths off to the Ref with 'diving' motions. More Hearts fans boo him.:(

5. Celtic score the equaliser and Pressley runs 70 yards into the Hearts corner of the ground for totally over the top celebrations. The majority of Hearts fans boo him.:mad:

6. Celtic score the winner - we are pig sick! The final whistle goes and Pressley makes sure he is visible to everybody with the chest thumping/fist pumping antics in front of the Celtis fans! He get's PELTERS from the Hearts fans!:evilno:

The vast majority of Hearts fans went along to this game with the intention of giving Pressley respect!

Once again this is in your opinion.

Lombardia Jambo

Well said ! Elvis GTF

H J Simpson

I hope Presley doesn't play.

I want a centr back pairing of Webster (He was still part of the squad at the time) & Paul Ritchie.

Imagine the hatred in the crowd to that. It'll be the best atmosphere in tynecastle since we beat Aberdeen to clinch 2nd place

Spot on. I was in support of him in the whole Vlad thing but he lost it all that day. I think some people were either not at the game or have short memories.

I think some people were either not at the game or have short memories.

Or realise it's a game of football and aren't a bunch of girls blouses ! You win some you lose some and it's all the sweeter when you win next time. Shock horror, professional footballer celebrates big win at difficult away ground (well it used to be !).

Guest S.U.S.S.
I hope Presley doesn't play.

I want a centr back pairing of Webster (He was still part of the squad at the time) & Paul Ritchie.

Imagine the hatred in the crowd to that. It'll be the best atmosphere in tynecastle since we beat Aberdeen to clinch 2nd place

Phressley as sweeper!

MackaysCentreSpot
Obviously, everything people post is their opinion.

Now if LJ stated IMO or I think then yes that is the case but he does not. He clearly states that Pressly had another agenda................he does not know for a fact that this was the case.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Now if LJ stated IMO or I think then yes that is the case but he does not. He clearly states that Pressly had another agenda................he does not know for a fact that this was the case.

No, by the very nature of a public forum you are posting your opinion on a subject unless you preface it will "i was told" or something similar to show you are passing on info.

Course every post could start IMO, mods can we get a smiley???

The above is is obviously all my own opinion, not based on any factual evidence whatsoever.

Harry Kinnear

One milli second of emotion to re assure the mank hordes that he was a Celtic player now, he's human FFS.

A great Hearts player and captain, welcome back anytime in my book

Or realise it's a game of football and aren't a bunch of girls blouses ! You win some you lose some and it's all the sweeter when you win next time. Shock horror, professional footballer celebrates big win at difficult away ground (well it used to be !).

Bit of general spin here that has little to do with the specifics to be honest!

The point is that some on here are making a special case for Pressley being a Hearts legend, cares passionately about Hearts fans, etc, etc, and not just a typical "Professional footballer" celebrating a win!

hope he has the sense to not play in robbies testimonial, Not welcome at Tynecastle.

IMO

Bit of general spin here that has little to do with the specifics to be honest!

The point is that some on here are making a special case for Pressley being a Hearts legend, cares passionately about Hearts fans, etc, etc, and not just a typical "Professional footballer" celebrating a win!

Possibly but my point is that are we really going to allow one afternoon when passions were runing high to cloud what we feel about an excellent Hearts servant and a genuinly good guy ?? I mean do you honestly think Elvis won't be a big enough man to take on a role at Heats in the future ?? Why can people not get over it (and themselves) and move on ??

Archived