Vinnie Jones Advert

milky_26

It's a good gimmick to get people to remember it. Previous CPR instructions for members of the public have been quite complex and in the heat of the moment it's difficult to remember the order in which you need to do everything. Even if it saves one life it's been worth it.

I've had first aid training but it was years ago and I've forgotten most of it. Seeing that though I'd be more confident I could be useful if called upon.

What about the ABCs... he just starts pumping away (hello sailor) as soon as there is an unconscious guy on the floor in front of him.

Also - If you do CPR you will never revive someone, you just need to keep going until the Ambulance gets there with a defribulator. The amount of TV shows like Baywatch and this advert gives people the false idea that peoples Hearts will start again after CPR.. All you are trying to do is keep the blood flowing and the brain alive until proper help comes..

If you start CPR.. do not stop, even after 20 mins....

Edit - just watched the extended edition and it covers this.. (I had only seen the short one on the telly)

i've done about 6 first aid courses over the years, and everytime i've done it the procedure changes.The offshore survival refresher I did in November still recommends rescue breaths btw...

Echo the above statement, the chances of actually bringing someone back with CPR alone is <1%. But it gives them a chance if a defibrilltor arrives. On one course someone asked how long you do it for so the instructors let us go for it. It really takes it out of you, I think I lasted about 10-12mins before collapsing in a heap!

Jambof3tornado

Also - If you do CPR you will never revive someone, you just need to keep going until the Ambulance gets there with a defribulator. The amount of TV shows like Baywatch and this advert gives people the false idea that peoples Hearts will start again after CPR.. All you are trying to do is keep the blood flowing and the brain alive until proper help comes..

If you start CPR.. do not stop, even after 20 mins....

Edit - just watched the extended edition and it covers this.. (I had only seen the short one on the telly)

Wrong,we brought someone back without actually trying,big fat guy in bed with no pulse,dragged onto the floor by pulling the sheet under him,the force of him hitting the floor restarted his ticker!!

The likelihood of CPR being successful is very low however but more and more shops and pubs etc have an automated defib on site meaning with minimal/often no training at all(simply follow the guide on the box),a shock can be given the kick things off.

If you havent got one at your work,get asking for one,they save lives.

Archived