Why Men Should Not Write Advice Columns;

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Found this quite funny , men writing advice columns , classic and to a woman with car trouble;laugh.gif

375406_233424153395652_218259918245409_565798_707150476_n.jpg

If yout think thats bad, should check out danny dyer's advice to a guy whos bird is cheating on him

pwoper nawty.....

Found this quite funny , men writing advice columns , classic and to a woman with car trouble;:lol:

:lol:

Gregory House M.D.

If yout think thats bad, should check out danny dyer's advice to a guy whos bird is cheating on him

pwoper nawty.....

:rofl: The fact that got through numerous checks by Dyer and the editor makes it even worse :vrface:

Found this quite funny , men writing advice columns , classic and to a woman with car trouble;laugh.gif

:lol: Brilliant! Needed a laugh, that did the trick!

Celebrity agony uncle Danny Dyer has told Zoo magazine readers that a heartbroken boyfriend should "cut his ex's face, so no one will want her".

Dyer's reply was published in the latest edition of lads' weekly Zoo, published by Bauer Media, in reponse to a letter from a 23-year-old reader ? "Alex, Manchester" ? asking for advice on how to get over his split from his girlfriend.

A Bauer spokeswoman blamed the comment being published on a "regrettable production error" and said Zoo's editor, Tom Etherington, offered his "apologies unreservedly for any offence the response may have caused".

The actor and TV presenter said in his Ask Danny column: "You've got nothing to worry about, son. I'd suggest going out on a rampage with the boys, getting on the booze and smashing anything that moves. Then, when some bird falls for you, you can turn the tables and break her heart. Of course, the other option is to cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her."

The Bauer spokeswoman said: "Due to an extremely regrettable production error, an inappropriate and indefensible response to a letter has appeared in this week's issue. Zoo editor, Tom Etherington, apologises unreservedly for any offence the response may have caused and has launched an internal enquiry to ensure lessons are learnt.

"Zoo and Danny Dyer condemn any violence against women. A donation will be made to Women's Aid."

Dyer is reported by The Sun to be claiming that he was misquoted. "This is totally out of order, I am totally devastated. I have been completely misquoted. This is not the advice I would give any member of the public I do not condone violence against women."

Holly Dustin, Manager of the End Violence Against Women coalition said: "Danny Dyer's advice to a Zoo magazine reader to 'cut' his ex-girlfriend's face is truly stomach-churning. Violence against women and girls is no joke but a dreadful reality for too many. Around half of women experience domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking in their lifetime. Worryingly, one in two young men think it's OK to hit a woman or force her to have sex in certain circumstances.

"We are calling on Zoo magazine to publish a prominent retraction and tell its readers what its stance is on violence against women. Furthermore, the next government must tackle media messages that condone or tolerate violence against women as a priority."

Ceri Goddard, chief executive of the Fawcett Society, said: "It is appalling that a writer thought this acceptable and that the editor let it through."

"I can only assume that Dyer thought he was being ironic. But I would like him to explain that to a woman who is a victim of violence. I am worried that this does show an attitude that jokes about violence against women are fair game."

Condemnation for the actor and the magazine is now trending on Twitter.

Zoo had a weekly circulation of 102,043 in the second half of 2009, a 29.9% year-on-year fall, according to the most recent ABC figures.

Last year Women's Aid launched a hard-hitting campaign, developed by Grey London, featuring Atonement actress Keira Knightley shown suffering a shocking assault at the hands of her "partner".

Archived