"I find it easier to get inside the mind of Hitler than to get inside the mind of a Hibernian football fan"

scott_jambo

Chad Sexington

Cracking guy. :thumbsup:

Got a drunken photo of me and him taken at the Diggers. Me bear hugging him. Him looking slightly nervous. :unsure:

I imagine/maybe he did when he was filming there he did the good thing and left a big steaming shite there....

He's a top bloke.

I imagine when he was filming there he did the good thing and left a big steaming shite at Ratdome....

He's a top bloke.

Gregory House M.D.

Sorry, no quite following your thread. Who said "I find it easier to get into the mind of Hitler etc"?

Ken Stott in "Believe" (The Book) I think

AllyjamboDerbyshire

It's often bemused me why he played Rebus as a Hibs fan. I've read all the books but it was never mentioned what team Rebus supported, though Hearts always seemed to be winning the Derbies (for a touch of realism :thumbsup:) and I'm sure when John Hannah played the part he didn't play him as a Hibs fan. In the books it's DS Clarke who is the diehard Hibby but she shows no football allegience in the TV series. Since first watching it I've hoped for the opportunity one day to ask him why he made Rebus a Hibby and have suspected that he found it more of a challenge that took his acting skills to the limit. On the other hand, it might have been the producer who felt it was more in line with the character's personal life: the downtrodden eternal loser :lol:

Note for Ken Stott:

If you read this, why did you play him as a Hibby? Was it your idea or did the producer, or director, have a mean streak?

It's often bemused me why he played Rebus as a Hibs fan. I've read all the books but it was never mentioned what team Rebus supported, though Hearts always seemed to be winning the Derbies (for a touch of realism :thumbsup:) and I'm sure when John Hannah played the part he didn't play him as a Hibs fan. In the books it's DS Clarke who is the diehard Hibby but she shows no football allegience in the TV series. Since first watching it I've hoped for the opportunity one day to ask him why he made Rebus a Hibby and have suspected that he found it more of a challenge that took his acting skills to the limit. On the other hand, it might have been the producer who felt it was more in line with the character's personal life: the downtrodden eternal loser :lol:

Note for Ken Stott:

If you read this, why did you play him as a Hibby? Was it your idea or did the producer, or director, have a mean streak?

I'm sure I read it was a producers decision and he decided hibs to wind up stott

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'm sure I read it was a producers decision and he decided hibs to wind up stott

Thanks for the answer, you can never trust a bloody producer :verymad:

Thanks for the answer, you can never trust a bloody producer :verymad:

I'm sure the Director was Danny Boyle of "Trainspotting" fame. As he is mates with Irvine Welsh he has hoboesque tendencies. As said previously, Rebus comes from Cardenden and is a lapsed Raith fan. It's his sidekick Siobhan that is meant to be a hobo.

ninja

From Concrete Evidence, one of the short stories in A Good Hanging; p. 73 of the paper back.

Rebus has re-opened a murder case from 1960 and is in the National Library of Scotland reading The Scotsman from that year:

'He knew what he was looking for, and pretty well where to find it, but that didn't stop him browsing through football reports and front page headlines. 1960. He'd been busy trying to lose his virginity and supporting Hearts. Yes, a long time ago.'

That's the only reference to him supporting a football team in the half dozen of the novels that I've read. Given it was 1960, perhaps he was a glory-hunter? As an adult, being something as tribal as a football fan seems to me to be alien to his character.

I'm sure the Director was Danny Boyle of "Trainspotting" fame. As he is mates with Irvine Welsh he has hoboesque tendencies. As said previously, Rebus comes from Cardenden and is a lapsed Raith fan. It's his sidekick Siobhan that is meant to be a hobo.

ninja

A man called Daniel Boyle wrote the scripts for the Rebus TV series starring Ken Stott, including making him a Hibs supporter. He isn't the Danny Boyle who directed Trainspotting. The director comes from and supports Bury.

The story I heard was that they originally planned to have him as a Hearts supporter and wanted to use Tynecastle in a scene - Hearts refused for some reason.

Hibs of course, jumped at the chance, so he became an on-screen hobo.

Archived