unzipping....

gadgey55

Compressed files.

What's the best program to use?

I got the Mrs a kindle for Chrimbo and bought the 3000 book DVD on eBay. The files are winzip files and when i try to extract them, a message tells me my evluation is up and they want ?30 for the full version. They can kiss ma hoop.

How do I get round this?

7zip. Been using it for years and had no problems.

I'll second that.

It also unzips RAR files and can zip files in its own format, which is far better than RAR and Zip.

Its also legitimately free.

...a bit disco

I'll second that.

It also unzips RAR files and can zip files in its own format, which is far better than RAR and Zip.

Its also legitimately free.

I'll third it.

Never use owt else.

Sheriff Fatman

Compressed files.

What's the best program to use?

I got the Mrs a kindle for Chrimbo and bought the 3000 book DVD on eBay. The files are winzip files and when i try to extract them, a message tells me my evluation is up and they want ?30 for the full version. They can kiss ma hoop.

How do I get round this?

Buy the books legally.

dobmisterdobster

That'll be because they are password (or similar) protected and thus, you can't unzip them.

Cough up Scrooge.

:teehee:

If that was the case then the program would ask you for a password instead of bugging you for money.

As everyone else has suggested, use an open source program like 7zip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest GhostHunter

If that was the case then the program would ask you for a password instead of bugging you for money.

As everyone else has suggested, use an open source program like 7zip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure I think that's the case

The files are winzip files and when i try to extract them, a message tells me my evluation is up and they want ?30 for the full version. They can kiss ma hoop.

I read that as he's already using winzip to try and extract them, therefore using winrar/7zip or whatever, is going to encounter the same problem.

Or maybe, I've had too many sherry's.

They will only be win zip files as you have that program associated with opening zip files. Windows should be able to unzip zip files with no need for any other program. You should also be able to get a "free" version of winrar from the someplace as you got the books. whistling.gif

John Gentleman

Buy the books legally.

They shouldn't have been for sale on eBay if the vendor didn't own a licence or had paid for the item in the first place. I'd be contacting the vendor for a licence key and if not forthcoming, be demanding my money back.

I don't 'do' eBay much, but I'm pretty sure they have a policy which covers this sort of thing.

I get winzip from btjunkie,runs out after 44days,take it off hard drive and put back on and you get another 44 days.Repeat every 44 days.

Archived