Watching stuff on iPad

Muppetboy

Having got one of these today , can anyone tell me if I can watch movies or sport on it? I've tried quicksilver screen but nothing is happening. Thanks

I also got one BUT being useless with tec I need info -- if I have cable internet access how do I get it to work ?

Do I have to change to wireless connection ?

Can I still use it in a free internet place like say MacDonalds who alwayse seem to advertise free wi-fi ?

Do I need to purchase a dongle ?

dobmisterdobster

Get stuff like TVCatchup and BBC iPlayer. You can also watch YouTube videos.

But it is a lot more restricted than a PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can buy the skyfire app (?1.99) which lets you watch flash streams from the likes of vipbox.net and firstrowsports.tv

Just downloaded this for my 4s as I'm in Tenerife and it let's me watch all the flash streams on the phone so iPad should be the same.

I also got one BUT being useless with tec I need info -- if I have cable internet access how do I get it to work ?

Do I have to change to wireless connection ?

You should be able to connect to your home network no problem, just search for your Wireless network and connect using any password you use.

Can I still use it in a free internet place like say MacDonalds who alwayse seem to advertise free wi-fi ?

Yes you should be able to connect to any Wifi network free or otherwise but for secured networks you will obviously need a password.

Do I need to purchase a dongle ?

If you have the 3G version you can get a sim card with a data allowance on it and use this when Wifi is not available. If it is the Wifi only version then obviously you can only get internet access when there is a wifi network available or if you have a phone that allows thethering.

You should be able to connect to your home network no problem, just search for your Wireless network and connect using any password you use.

Yes you should be able to connect to any Wifi network free or otherwise but for secured networks you will obviously need a password.

If you have the 3G version you can get a sim card with a data allowance on it and use this when Wifi is not available. If it is the Wifi only version then obviously you can only get internet access when there is a wifi network available or if you have a phone that allows thethering.

I have a wifi only version iPad 2... Can I plug my iPhone 3gS into the iPad to use the 3G Internet connection???

Obviously I would need a "charger to charger" cable??

Thanks for your help in advance

I have a wifi only version iPad 2... Can I plug my iPhone 3gS into the iPad to use the 3G Internet connection???

Obviously I would need a "charger to charger" cable??

Thanks for your help in advance

You don't need a cable assuming your 3gs is running the latest iOS and your Data plan allows tethering ? You can connect wirelessly to your 3gs.

To watch films you can download from any torrent site to you pc then use free software to convert to iPad compatible, then just drag them into your iTunes library and sync your iPad.

Sports - sky fire app, skygo or if really desperate download the justin tv iPhone app and then increase the screen when watching on iPad

Archived