Tottenham

Ryan Gosling

Play team worth over ?100m in first leg of qualifier, win 5-0.

Never use any of them again, play team of reserves, get knocked out of group without really trying.

::troll:::'>

:sob:

Our 'arry knows how much the English love to beat the Jocks.

Exactly. He knew he could not afford to lose to The Famous.

:verysmug:

They knew how these big stars worth all the money wanted to play such an illustrious club club like ours

If he didn't the tottenham players would of revolted.

Play team worth over ?100m in first leg of qualifier, win 5-0.

Never use any of them again, play team of reserves, get knocked out of group without really trying.

::troll:::'>

:sob:

Shocking luck, had it been a few weeks later we would have got the reserves up at home, it was used as a workout pre season wise and it defo didn't work in our favour.

Still, great to see Van de vart and the awesome Bale in the flesh in comparison to your Mark Wilsons and Scott Browns.

Unfortunately for us due to Spurs game against Everton on the first day of the season being cancelled they used a strong team against us as a warm up for their next match against Man Utd.

The Old Tolbooth

Unfortunately for us due to Spurs game against Everton on the first day of the season being cancelled they used a strong team against us as a warm up for their next match against Man Utd.

Was just about to post the very same thing, his hand was pretty much forced to get some competitive match fitness into his first team players, he must have been gutted we didn't turn up to test them! :(

Yep, the London riots were a conspiracy to get us out of Europe at the first hurdle. Started off with the metropolitan police being asked a favour from there pals in Glasgow to incite the riots in order to stop us gaining enough money in the Europa league to challenge Glasgows big two this season.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I honestly think 'arry just over estimated our ability and Tynecastle.

As it turned out, they pumped us silly and most of our support cheered them on.

Yep, the London riots were a conspiracy to get us out of Europe at the first hurdle. Started off with the metropolitan police being asked a favour from there pals in Glasgow to incite the riots in order to stop us gaining enough money in the Europa league to challenge Glasgows big two this season.

Nobody actually even hinted at this but never mind, you dive in and try to start an argument.

Nobody actually even hinted at this but never mind, you dive in and try to start an argument.

Chill man I was only mucking about.

No chance he would've played the team he did if they'd played Everton on the Saturday. Bad timing coupled with a shite display let is down.

Snake Plissken

PSG got papped out because they played their reserve team in every game :(

I fancied them to win the whole thing at the start of the season but they looked shockingly disinterested against Salzburg, quite sad how so many big clubs don't take the Europa League seriously. That's one of the problems of allowing so many clubs in the yearly wealth creation cartel. Those that don't quite make it in will focus more on getting back there the following season than making a decent attempt in the Europa league.

did they not play the full strength side against us just to make sure they qualified so that they could use the competition as a reserve run out.

Dean Winchester

did they not play the full strength side against us just to make sure they qualified so that they could use the competition as a reserve run out.

This was how I viewed his selection stance.

Prince Buaben

What odds on a Man Utd v Man City final?

Small odds but unlikely to happen as Man U will get beat early as they havent the squad to fight on 3 fronts at the moment.

I thought he was bang on the money with his theory as well :smiliz64:

jack D and coke

I personally thought we just had a nightmare. Kello in particular. They wouldve beaten us over the two legs but just not by that much if we hadn't made an utter apple runt of the first half hour.

He had probably been reading Kickback before the game. Apparently we were title contenders and capable of taking a lead or at least a draw down there for the second leg.

:rolleyes:

Problem Officer?

They knew how these big stars worth all the money wanted to play such an illustrious club club like ours

If he didn't the tottenham players would of revolted.

I agree with this version of events. :verysmug:

Hearts sat back and admired them for the first half hour. A pathetic performance from us.

We should've got stuck in, taking five or six yellow cards if needed be, and just ran at them.

Hearts sat back and admired them for the first half hour. A pathetic performance from us.

We should've got stuck in, taking five or six yellow cards if needed be, and just ran at them.

Correct. I got the feeling Paulo wanted to try his silky possession football against a team who could actually play like that and forgetting we need the ball.

As the start of the 2nd half showed we needed exactly what BB has pointed out. Firmly in the "JJ's team would not have lost 5-0" camp on this one.

As for the Europa League, it's the biggest con in football and I can't believe some of the bigger teams fans have not completely boycotted it. It's fine for a diddy country like Scotland to get excited about, I wouldn't change my visit to see Hearts at WHL for anything, but decent sides from bigger countries see it as a distraction. It may be better if it wasn't some kind of Consolation Cup to keep (a smaller amount of) money from TV dripping into the coffers of two teams from let's say, England, that get papped out the CL at the group stage.

European competitions are shit at the moment although I'm sure there will be a game or two worth watching in the CL now that it's proper cup football. I also hope David Villa's broken leg prompts Barcelona to shove the stupid World Club Cup competition as well!

I'm pretty sure Spurs would've still beaten us comfortably if they played their reserves in both legs against us....

it was a combination of riots causing Tottenham to give their players a run-out and the fact that Jim Jefferies was no longer manager so we didn't get as stuck in.

MacDonald Jardine

I personally thought we just had a nightmare. Kello in particular. They wouldve beaten us over the two legs but just not by that much if we hadn't made an utter apple runt of the first half hour.

Kello was by no means the worst that night.

That game being postponed was a disaster for us. If they had Everton followed by Man U, the game v us would have been a minor distraction and they probably would have played at best a half strength team. Instead, the game versus us became their first game of the season, they were very much up for it and were all battling for a place in the team to face Man U.

I'm not saying we would have got a result against them had it not been for the riots - but I doubt it would have been a 5-0 drubbing.

Still got to say the trip to WHL was superb and will live long in the memory.

portobellojambo1

The only European competition most "sizeable" clubs are interested in is The Champions League, for the money on offer. The trouble is it, as a competition, is becoming very repetitive now, with the same core of teams featuring each time, to such an extent that it is making many of the games shown on TV pretty damned boring/predictable.

Maybe, I'm old fashioned but to me any cup competition should be a knock out competition (which In Europe means home and away then through or out), with an open (unseeded) draw, it adds to the excitement.

And this parachuting into another competition when you are knocked out of the other is just bonkers.

Thats how I see it Taz

Some shite on this thread!

The bottom line is spurs needed to get to group stages for the prize money but more importantly so they got to fleece thier scum fans for another 3 games. has nothing to do with the everton game, they may have rested some but in the 2nd leg they would have got the job done.

Some shite on this thread!

The bottom line is spurs needed to get to group stages for the prize money but more importantly so they got to fleece thier scum fans for another 3 games. has nothing to do with the everton game, they may have rested some but in the 2nd leg they would have got the job done.

That's all and well if the games werent included with Spurs season tickets but they were.

Archived