John Frame

broughies tach

stirlingshirejambo

Anyone know the whereabouts of John Frame who was well conected at Hearts about 10-15 years ago ?

Lot to thank him for

Was my history teacher 30 years ago and was always willing to talk football especially Hearts.

When we used to sneak off early or take half days for midweek trips to Forfar or Aberdeen he always turned a blind eye.

Also ran bus from the school to international games helped run school football team etc etc

Sure he did a Wimbledon final.

Hopefully now enjoying a well earned retirement from teaching

Anyone know the whereabouts of John Frame who was well conected at Hearts about 10-15 years ago ?

I believe that he was (and may still be) a member of the Danderhall Hearts Supporters Club.

jambos are go!

Was fine when I spoke to him in August and I think he is still a teacher. Umpired a few Wimbledon Finals and spent a few decades as one of the Leading Umpires in the World. Was on the Board as a fans representatives for a couple of years when CPR/ Deans took over. A great Hearts Man by any standard.

History teacher and umpire. Reckon he is probably retired now though. I played football with him around 6 years ago and I tell you what he was fit as can be for his age. Used to swear by 4 bananas a day :thumbsup:

Top top bloke. Got me through my history and modern studies highers.

There's a John Frame who runs the Edinburgh & Lothian's school football leagues and cups. Don't know if it's the same guy?

I would imagine the John Frame I know must have had something to do with schools at some point to be involved in the organisation of these events, and with Alan_R saying he was a teacher it could be the same guy.

Is the OP looking to get in touch with him?

broughies tach

There's a John Frame who runs the Edinburgh & Lothian's school football leagues and cups. Don't know if it's the same guy?

I would imagine the John Frame I know must have had something to do with schools at some point to be involved in the organisation of these events, and with Alan_R saying he was a teacher it could be the same guy.

Is the OP looking to get in touch with him?

I am indeed roman Great if you could help.

I am indeed roman Great if you could help.

Like I said, no idea if it's the same one.

Sent you a PM.

jambos are go!

Sent you a PM.

It is. Sure John will get the word and get in touch if he wants to.

Lot to thank him for

Was my history teacher 30 years ago and was always willing to talk football especially Hearts.

When we used to sneak off early or take half days for midweek trips to Forfar or Aberdeen he always turned a blind eye.

Also ran bus from the school to international games helped run school football team etc etc

He did the 1992 Final when Agassi won. I'm sure he did another final after that.

Sent you a PM.

John, Still sits in the Gorgie stand and still works at Newbattle High as far as im aware.

Jimmy McNulty

Lot to thank him for

My favorite teacher at Penny high in the 1980s. Intelligent, spoke at least 2 languages.

He'd be out taking the boys football teams every night of the week, Monday through Thursday, with games on the Saturday mornings.

Also got us into Tynie as ball boys for a few seasons.

Umpired a women's Wimbledon final in 1992? Was in the papers for being a bawhair away from docking McEnroe a set for abusive language.

And a great singer -- sang in the Kevock Choir for years.

All around good guy.

My favorite teacher at Penny high in the 1980s. Intelligent, spoke at least 2 languages.

He'd be out taking the boys football teams every night of the week, Monday through Thursday, with games on the Saturday mornings.

Also got us into Tynie as ball boys for a few seasons.

Umpired a women's Wimbledon final in 1992? Was in the papers for being a bawhair away from docking McEnroe a set for abusive language.

And a great singer -- sang in the Kevock Choir for years.

All around good guy.

He took our school team when I was at Peni high too, can only echo your post...defo one of the good guys.

He even used to pay for the bus to get us to away games as the school was that tight. Also got into tynie as a ball boy a few times as well...not too mention the tickets he supplied and some pretty snazzy asics boots!!

Fond memories of old Frame, top man :)

Have to echo the comments above. He was my registration teacher at Penicuik High in the late 70s. Before I was allowed to go to away games, Mr Frame used to get me the away programmes.

Top bloke and 100% Hearts man, who could have had a higher profile during the various episodes that Hearts have had over the last 30 years.

He taught me at school too but fairly sure it was modern studies... At the risk of moving into shed territory, is that interchangeable?!

stirlingshirejambo

He took our school team when I was at Peni high too, can only echo your post...defo one of the good guys.

He even used to pay for the bus to get us to away games as the school was that tight. Also got into tynie as a ball boy a few times as well...not too mention the tickets he supplied and some pretty snazzy asics boots!!

Fond memories of old Frame, top man :)

Plenty penny high pupils here with fond memories. I've no idea if he was a good history teacher i remember him more for his footballing allegiances and committments. I never got the ball boy gig though feel quite left out now. Looking at his school pic he's not changed a lot and still looks fit and well for his age.

Archived