Brass neck

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Crowds this season have all been given as around the 16,000 plus mark. It is my opinion that this is because ST holders have been included even when they don't attend.

Now, given that a fair number of people are planning to stay away from what remains of this season, does anyone think the club will have the brass neck to announce that the crowd is around these levels?

Crowds this season have all been given as around the 16,000 plus mark. It is my opinion that this is because ST holders have been included even when they don't attend.

Now, given that a fair number of people are planning to stay away from what remains of this season, does anyone think the club will have the brass neck to announce that the crowd is around these levels?

You bet your arse they will.

And people will still say "sell out crowds".

I am sure all clubs simply add the number who pay on the day to the number of STs to arrive at the official crowd.

A game can be 'sold out' even when only 12k are there to watch it.

Guest JamboRobbo

They had the brass neck to lie to us about the manager situation for a couple of years, so I doubt lieing about the crowd size will worry anyone.

PresidentRomanov

Hearts don't lie about attendances.

If a season ticket holder doesn't attend, it isn't counted.

Colonel Kurtz
They had the brass neck to lie to us about the manager situation for a couple of years, so I doubt lieing about the crowd size will worry anyone.

Charlie and the boys are snake oil salesmen,and there are mugs who believe them

(see previous post)

(see previous post)

What did you say in your previous post Colonel?

Guest JamboRobbo

(see previous post)

:thumb:

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed. And Santa is real, and babies come from the clouds.

Oh yes it is and tickets sold as well regardless if they go.

Davie holt ,not all clubs do this look at Celtic they have 40'000 or so Sts but I have seen crowds of less than 30'000 being reported on sunday papers.

PresidentRomanov
What did you say in your previous post Colonel?

I can't find his previous post either :rubeyes:

Colonel Kurtz
I can't find his previous post either :rubeyes:

I was refering to your previous post regarding attendances,surely they will not have the "brass neck" to claim an attendance of circa 16000 on Saturday.

They will no doubt claim soon that ST renewal uptake is "encouraging"

Davie holt ,not all clubs do this look at Celtic they have 40'000 or so Sts but I have seen crowds of less than 30'000 being reported on sunday papers.

Quite right Rudi.

I stand corrected :oopsoops:

PresidentRomanov
I found his other post no problem at all. Not exactly rocket science.

How did you find it Robbo?

I'm not an internet message board expert like yourself, so any help would be appreciated.

Guest JamboRobbo
How did you find it Robbo?

I'm not an internet message board expert like yourself, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure an intelligent person like yourself will be able to work it out.

PresidentRomanov
I was refering to your previous post regarding attendances,surely they will not have the "brass neck" to claim an attendance of circa 16000 on Saturday.

They will no doubt claim soon that ST renewal uptake is "encouraging"

Well I'm friendly with the stadium manager, he assures me they don't count lie about attendances, and furthermore, I reckon the crowds I see at Tynecastle, are on a par with the attendances given.

Then again, you probably know best ;)

PresidentRomanov
I'm sure an intelligent person like yourself will be able to work it out.

I'm sure an intelligent person such as yourself, would be able to work out, that If I could work it out, I wouldn't be asking :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm sure an intelligent person such as yourself, would be able to work out, that If I could work it out, I wouldn't be asking :confused:

Of course you wouldn't.

Dr. Bapswent

Hearts would therefore be the first club to 'positivlty spin' a story, :oopsoops:

PresidentRomanov
Of course you wouldn't.

Seriously, when I click on the posters name, and try to find other posts, It say's I don't have access to that function.

Why are you always so suspicious of everything and everyone?

The Mighty Thor
Thread-degeneration-into-slanging match alert.

Can we have a smiley for that?

No we can't. Now clear off Hobo!;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Seriously, when I click on the posters name, and try to find other posts, It say's I don't have access to that function.

Pay yer fiver then ya skinflint.

Colonel Kurtz
Well I'm friendly with the stadium manager, he assures me they don't count lie about attendances, and furthermore, I reckon the crowds I see at Tynecastle, are on a par with the attendances given.

I base my opinion on what I have seen from the Willie Bauld ,gaps all over the ground and the Hearts section of the School end half empty.

The Willie bauld Suite itself has been less than half full recently ,mind you given the bevvy prices nae wonder.

Saturday will tell I think ,because the gaps will be too many to spin.

Listen ,Hearts reported that the attendance versus Dun Utd was 16,871 ,not a chance my friend ,not a chance,the capacity is 18,000 there were far more that 1100 free seats.

No we can't. Now clear off Hobo!;)

Jeesh.

And there's me with a quote from you in my signature too.

;)

Quite ironic that in the 70's and 80's when it was all cash at the turnstyle, they were commonly believed to deliberately understate the crowds.

Can't think why :1222:

Suspect Device

I always thought the figure was for tickets sold, wheather the purchaser goes or not is a moot point.

re Celtic, would that not be for cup games not included on ST.

Quite ironic that in the 70's and 80's when it was all cash at the turnstyle, they were commonly believed to deliberately understate the crowds.

Wasn't there a story that one specific turnstile was used to ... er ... "finance" ... the players' bonuses?

Allegedly.

Colonel Kurtz

The turnstyle operators used to fight to get on one in particular,you could spin the meter.

It used to be the other way round when the great Waldo was incharge,he never put the customers in the main stand as paying,put then through as hospitality say 400 people,the money was then VAT free ,clever cant oor Waldo.

There was a Eruopean game,cant remember what one ,but the attendance was something like 28,000,but Waldo never put the main stand attendance in with it,same again ,hospitality,the stand was full to the brim as was the terraces,must have been 35,000 there that night I would guess.

I always thought the figure was for tickets sold, wheather the purchaser goes or not is a moot point.

No,I think the CFC STs are swipe cards are they not so they know who is in the ground at any given game, is it not.

Jambof3tornado
It used to be the other way round when the great Waldo was incharge,he never put the customers in the main stand as paying,put then through as hospitality say 400 people,the money was then VAT free ,clever cant oor Waldo.

There was a Eruopean game,cant remember what one ,but the attendance was something like 28,000,but Waldo never put the main stand attendance in with it,same again ,hospitality,the stand was full to the brim as was the terraces,must have been 35,000 there that night I would guess.

And people question oor Vlad's honesty???;)

If you dont go..... your not attending.

If your not attending - how can you be part of the ATTENDance

There was an old boy in front of me in the queue for ... I think it was Cup final tickets in 2006 ... and he told them his old mate couldn't make it to the semi-final, here's his ticket and could he have his money back ... and they gave him it !

Unbelievable.

Colonel Kurtz

"The Figure we give is actually the "Intendance" ie all those who we feel intended to attend". C Mann

Guest JamboRobbo
"The Figure we give is actually the "Intendance" ie all those who we feel intended to attend". C Mann

:rofl: :rofl:

While technically correct, for most practical purposes number of tickets sold = attendance in the minds of most people. After all, most of the time they are roughly the same.

Guest JamboRobbo
While technically correct, for most practical purposes number of tickets sold = attendance in the minds of most people. After all, most of the time they are roughly the same.

and what about games that aren't all ticket?

attendance is the number of folk at the game for me. always has been, always will be.

anything else is just spin.

How does that work?

Clerry Jambo

Sorry think this is gash - Celtic have around 50,000 s/t holders and if you check their SPL attendances I am quite certain none will be under 55-56 thousand - which is pesh when you look at some games recently where there have been thousands of empty seats -i counted them all from the telly;)

I can recall many times when I'd look at the crowd figure in the paper and it would be reported as maybe 8 or 9k. I'm taking a step back thinking eh !... it was surely nearly 10 or 11k ?

That of course was back when the club was run by Scotsmen 'straight and true ;)

Tax dodge amongst others I was told later :cool:

Archived