Players NOT Taking Personal Responsibility!

bobskeldon

Any player who (understandably) feels they can't/won't give 100% whilst not being paid, should take personal responsibility, 'OWN' this and

make it known to management AND fans that they can't/won't play for the first team in a competitive fixture until they are paid in full.

I absolutely understand and empathise with their situation and would totally respect that course of action/honesty/congruency, however to

cheat fans who are paying good money by pulling on a jersey and then not giving 100% because they are angry/upset/worried is simply not

good enough personally or professionally!

On Saturday at Parkhead, after paying ?29.00, I expect to watch a Hearts team who care, a Hearts team who fight for 90 mins and a Hearts team

who fundamentally respect that I have paid good money (in hard economic times) to be there. I do not expect to see a repeat of last Saturday and

if this means playing the entire under19s against Celtic then so be it!

Drewjambobusby

Any player who (understandably) feels they can't/won't give 100% whilst not being paid, should take personal responsibility, 'OWN' this and

make it known to management AND fans that they can't/won't play for the first team in a competitive fixture until they are paid in full.

I absolutely understand and empathise with their situation and would totally respect that course of action/honesty/congruency, however to

cheat fans who are paying good money by pulling on a jersey and then not giving 100% because they are angry/upset/worried is simply not

On Saturday at Parkhead, after paying ?29.00, I expect to watch a Hearts team who care, a Hearts team who fight for 90 mins and a Hearts team

who fundamentally respect that I have paid good money (in hard economic times) to be there. I do not expect to see a repeat of last Saturday and

I do not believe for a second that once they run out onto the pitch they do not try. However, i do believe their head is firmly up their arse because of the money situation. They are Human, and yes they earn a good wage, or most of them do, but

they have bills to pay like everyone else, and are bound to be worrying about situation. Therefore we will not get best out of them. I do agree however, it makes sense to play who has been paid and is hungry to prove themselves,

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Not to play would give Romanov the excuse not to pay. I think the players should be respected for not getting the Players' Union involved and taking steps that could get our club into serious trouble, though that, no doubt, is just around the corner should the situation continue. I'm sure, too, that for the players, the actual match situation is a relief from the problems they are facing and, although motivation will undoubtedly be missing, is the only time each week they enjoy being Hearts players.

Armadale Jambo

Apologies in advance if I offend the OP, however you must be living on another planet. Why would any of the players give a toss about being professional and taking personal responsibility when their employer is not taking their responsibility and paying them?

I do not blame the players one bit, yes there are some that may try more than others however that is down to their own personality, style etc rather than them taking personal responsibility.

I'm afraid we have passed the breaking point with the majority of the players at Hearts and I hope there is a mass exit in January.

I wouldn't be throwing myself into any meaty tackles. I'd be making sure I'm staying injury free for the next month.

Saying I'm not playing would hurt my case further down the line if it comes to arbitration.

The op is a romanticised view from a supporter.

Apologies in advance if I offend the OP, however you must be living on another planet. Why would any of the players give a toss about being professional and taking personal responsibility when their employer is not taking their responsibility and paying them?

I do not blame the players one bit, yes there are some that may try more than others however that is down to their own personality, style etc rather than them taking personal responsibility.

I'm afraid we have passed the breaking point with the majority of the players at Hearts and I hope there is a mass exit in January.

No offence taken although confused as to why you thought you might cause offence. We are not saying different things! The responsibility for this shambles

lies with HMFC and Vladimir Romanov. However, if this shambles is affecting players (UNDERSTANDABLY) then they should be doing something about it.

My expectations of the players is as always, to give 100% for that maroon jersey. I do not (understandably) believe this is possible

just now for reasons that are not of their making. What I am saying is that the players should accept, that under these difficult

circumstances for them and their families, they can't/won't give 100%. Anyone who thinks (even the manager is acknowledging it)

that individuals (regardless of profession) can give 100% under these circumstances is kidding themselves on. If any players think this

is the case, they are kidding themselves on. Saturday was not just a poor performance it was a performance which mirrored events off the

pitch. It's not a criticism, I would like them to show a degree of personal/professional responsibility/emotional congruency, which may mean

not playing AND reporting HMFC to whatever legal/professional body can support them in their right to receive their contractual remuneration on time

and in full.

Armadale Jambo

No offence taken although confused as to why you thought you might cause offence. We are not saying different things! The responsibility for this shambles

lies with HMFC and Vladimir Romanov. However, if this shambles is affecting players (UNDERSTANDABLY) then they should be doing something about it.

My expectations of the players is as always, to give 100% for that maroon jersey. I do not (understandably) believe this is possible

just now for reasons that are not of their making. What I am saying is that the players should accept, that under these difficult

circumstances for them and their families, they can't/won't give 100%. Anyone who thinks (even the manager is acknowledging it)

that individuals (regardless of profession) can give 100% under these circumstances is kidding themselves on. If any players think this

is the case, they are kidding themselves on. Saturday was not just a poor performance it was a performance which mirrored events off the

pitch. It's not a criticism, I would like them to show a degree of personal/professional responsibility/emotional congruency, which may mean

not playing AND reporting HMFC to whatever legal/professional body can support them in their right to receive their contractual remuneration on time

and in full.

No worries Bob, we are on the same page.

I think the vast majority of the support is behind the team, however there are a large number of posters on this forum still backing Vlad and will no doubt hurl as much abuse as possible at Webster, Temps, Sutton etc this weekend.

Jambof3tornado

If any player doesn't want to play they shouldn't play. Plenty keen youngsters that will bust a gut for a start!

Whether they get paid or not, its not uncommon for a lot of footballers to not give too much of a toss.

They are mercenaries.

Very few do it for the love of the game or to improve themselves.

Most just do it, cos its what they do.

To expect full commitment from a bunch people who think they are gods gift is unlikely at any game, irrespective of whether they have thier paycheck or not.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

and in full.

Would you have the players refusing to train as well, or is it just the enjoyable bit of their job they should refuse to do. Bringing things to a head in the way you suggest could only damage Heart of Midlothian FC and would quite possibly play into Romanov's hands as, if this non-payment of wagees is all part of his exit strategy, it'll be what he wants. I suspect, though, that he is doing this to 'encourage' players to move on in the transfer window to whatever club that is prepared to guarantee them their wages, no matter how small. Instead of suggesting the players should be risking whatever job security they have you should maybe be calling for a boycott of all Hearts games by the supporters, you correctly say are being short changed! But wait a minute, wouldn't that just make the situation even worse?

Whether they get paid or not, its not uncommon for a lot of footballers to not give too much of a toss.

They are mercenaries.

Very few do it for the love of the game or to improve themselves.

Always hate that mercenary chat. It's a job. Of course they get paid for it. And of course they want to earn as much as they can throughout their career. Who doesn't want to earn as much as they can from their job?

Drewjambobusby

No worries Bob, we are on the same page.

I think the vast majority of the support is behind the team, however there are a large number of posters on this forum still backing Vlad and will no doubt hurl as much abuse as possible at Webster, Temps, Sutton etc this weekend.

Some people still backing Vlad seriously ???? I cannot believe some people are either deluded or too stupid too see what a feckin mess he has created.

Always hate that mercenary chat. It's a job. Of course they get paid for it. And of course they want to earn as much as they can throughout their career. Who doesn't want to earn as much as they can from their job?

You hate mercenary chat, but admit they do it for the cash?

Either way they arent playing for the jersey, or for the good of the club.

They are playing for thier own pockets, the simple truth is as a result of who they are and what they do - they are money/fame focussed and most likely not the most intelligent bunch (after all they have spent thier lives kicking a football as a career option). They also think they are amazing, have had it drilled into them that are superstars.

That breeds a mix of self-righteousness and selfishness that does lend itself well to a player playing for the club, the fans or the jersey, but instead being a fickle premadonna. As a result, you see very little attitude on the park that suggests they have any clue how lucky they are to be where they are or any desire to repay that simply by working hard and being the best they can be at their job.

You hate mercenary chat, but admit they do it for the cash?

Either way they arent playing for the jersey, or for the good of the club.

They are playing for thier own pockets, the simple truth is as a result of who they are and what they do - they are money/fame focussed and most likely not the most intelligent bunch (after all they have spent thier lives kicking a football as a career option). They also think they are amazing, have had it drilled into them that are superstars.

That breeds a mix of self-righteousness and selfishness that does lend itself well to a player playing for the club, the fans or the jersey, but instead being a fickle premadonna. As a result, you see very little attitude on the park that suggests they have any clue how lucky they are to be where they are or any desire to repay that simply by working hard and being the best they can be at their job.

By that definition everyone who does any job is a mercenary.

The players do a job, but that doesnt mean that they dont necessarily love what they do or care about it or realise how lucky they are. Some wont, some will.

Bottom line though is would you, even as a fan, put you potential ability to earn money in your day job on the line by committing 100% to 50/50's etc. I know I wouldnt - I might think I would, but subconciously or whatever there would be a the wee nagging thought "what am I do this for"). Not getting paid shows the contempt in which Vlad holds the club, the player and, crucially, the fans.

mahgrassyshoes

I do not believe for a second that once they run out onto the pitch they do not try. However, i do believe their head is firmly up their arse because of the money situation. They are Human, and yes they earn a good wage, or most of them do, but

they have bills to pay like everyone else, and are bound to be worrying about situation. Therefore we will not get best out of them. I do agree however, it makes sense to play who has been paid and is hungry to prove themselves,

Arguably, the stakes are higher because of this. Bigger wages = bigger mortgages, bigger car repayments etc etc.

The players aren't necessarily taking to the field thinking they won't give 100%, but their will be stuff lurking around in the sub conscious. It will effect them whether they think it is or not. It will effect their sleep which in turn will effect their phsical condition.

Point is, you can pass the buck to the players at this moment in time. It's just not fair on them.

Drewjambobusby

Arguably, the stakes are higher because of this. Bigger wages = bigger mortgages, bigger car repayments etc etc.

The players aren't necessarily taking to the field thinking they won't give 100%, but their will be stuff lurking around in the sub conscious. It will effect them whether they think it is or not. It will effect their sleep which in turn will effect their phsical condition.

Point is, you can pass the buck to the players at this moment in time. It's just not fair on them.

Agreed. Want i meant only you said it better. I pesonally would field some of the youngsters. Celtic will not be expecting it and with highly motivated young players and experience we could surprise them. Ok i will wake up :cry:

FWIW I think we will take a hammering through there on Sat and this might be the straw that breaks the camels back!

IMO I dont think playing a team of youngsters through there is the answer either,

At this moment in time we have not one leader in this group of players who can rally the troops and have everybody pulling in the right direction, our captain is one of Mad Vlads so he aint going to rock the boat, he will just stay quiet and get on with his own job rather than being a leader that he should be!! we really need somebody like a Pressley/Hartley/Gordon type in that dressing room.

The only 3 players from Saturday were Taouil, Sutton & Rudi to a certain extent who really looked they cared for the cause,

mahgrassyshoes

FWIW I think we will take a hammering through there on Sat and this might be the straw that breaks the camels back!

IMO I dont think playing a team of youngsters through there is the answer either,

At this moment in time we have not one leader in this group of players who can rally the troops and have everybody pulling in the right direction, our captain is one of Mad Vlads so he aint going to rock the boat, he will just stay quiet and get on with his own job rather than being a leader that he should be!! we really need somebody like a Pressley/Hartley/Gordon type in that dressing room.

The only 3 players from Saturday were Taouil, Sutton & Rudi to a certain extent who really looked they cared for the cause,

I have a feeling we won't although we will get beat. We'll have the defensive midfield three of Mrowiec Black Jonsson with the usual back 5. I think we might revert to Stevo up top with Temps and Taouil. 2-0 Celtic. It will be bloody horrendous to watch and we'll be hanging on for the 2-0 defeat!

Fort Vallance

Maybe off topic because it's a different type of responsibility. But we've got players in our team who don't take responsibility either by not showing for the ball or by always taking the easy option and playing it back or square.

It might be that it's a confidence thing that stope them from trying to pick out a pass rather than pass the buck. Or maybe it's just their attitude. Webster twice on Saturday (before it got too cold for him) with no opposing player within 20 yards of him and the ball dropping on to his head,elected to head it straight back up in the air rather than taking it down.

That type lack of responsibility in my opinion isn't down to not getting paid.

mahgrassyshoes

Maybe off topic because it's a different type of responsibility. But we've got players in our team who don't take responsibility either by not showing for the ball or by always taking the easy option and playing it back or square.

It might be that it's a confidence thing that stope them from trying to pick out a pass rather than pass the buck. Or maybe it's just their attitude. Webster twice on Saturday (before it got too cold for him) with no opposing player within 20 yards of him and the ball dropping on to his head,elected to head it straight back up in the air rather than taking it down.

This was part of the reason PS found it so hard to implement a "passing style of football" The defence were happy passing it around amongst themselves, but the midfield seldom showed for a pass. And then on the rare occasion someone did show for a pass, the defence were too afraid to play it into the dangerous areas. Fact is, these guys are professional footballers, and their technique has to be up to a level where they are confident enough of passing or controlling a ball into/in a dangerous area. As we seemed to have neither, we ended up with little cutting edge of inventiveness to create chances through the midfield.

I can't blame the players for being extremely distracted. Even so, why should they give a monkey's, when Vlad quite clearly doesn't ?

This is not like ... I dunno ... Third Lanark players, playing out the last few games (someone will tell me that is a bad analogy ...), or another team in its death throes.

This is the third biggest team in the country.

If Vlad couldn't take the heat in this particular kitchen, he should have 'ked off long ago.

I suspect we will ship a half dozen goals at the weekend.

I suppose there are various possibilities:-

- some players might try just as hard as normal once they are on the pitch, because that's all they know, they just play the game

- some players might think they are trying as hard as normal but actually they give a bit less because they are distracted

- some players might try harder to put themselves in the shop window

- some players might try a bit less so as to avoid injury and miss out on the chance that another team signs them

- some players might knowingly give less as a protest against a rogue employer

- some players who are trying might lose the plot and take it out on team mates they perceive to be not bothered

- and lots of other permutations

- not to mention, how the manager and coaching staff might respond

As a fan, I don't I have a right to "expect" players to react in any particular way, nor have I any right to complain about how players react.

The problem is of the club's making. Whichever way it gets played out on the pitch is not the fault of the players.

If the club wants to field a team of 11 highly motivated players it's going to have to motivate them. But Vlad's not strong on motivating people.

I suppose there are various possibilities:-

- some players might try just as hard as normal once they are on the pitch, because that's all they know, they just play the game

- some players might think they are trying as hard as normal but actually they give a bit less because they are distracted

- some players might try harder to put themselves in the shop window

- some players might try a bit less so as to avoid injury and miss out on the chance that another team signs them

- some players might knowingly give less as a protest against a rogue employer

- some players who are trying might lose the plot and take it out on team mates they perceive to be not bothered

- and lots of other permutations

- not to mention, how the manager and coaching staff might respond

As a fan, I don't I have a right to "expect" players to react in any particular way, nor have I any right to complain about how players react.

The problem is of the club's making. Whichever way it gets played out on the pitch is not the fault of the players.

If the club wants to field a team of 11 highly motivated players it's going to have to motivate them. But Vlad's not strong on motivating people.

Spot on.

I don't believe for a second there is a lack of effort from the players to be honest. What there clearly is, is a lot of players playing well below their best and this is iundoubtedly, at least in large part, to what is going on off the pitch. Conbfidence and morale play a massive part in football, and they must be terrible at the moment.

Maybe the support could help by not booing every bad pass or mistake from players who are currently playing for the club for nothing.

I imagine the players wouldn't strike as they wouldn't want to be responsible for the 15+ points reduction and probable relegation/administration.

I am sursrised however, that they haven't decided to boycott training.

Agree with all of this,ask them if they want to play,give them the choice,and if they opt to play,we should expect total commitment.

Jambof3tornado

Agree with all of this,ask them if they want to play,give them the choice,and if they opt to play,we should expect total commitment.

Correct. I can understand any player who wants to withdraw their services but if they agree to play then I want them 100% on the match.

We didnt get that on saturday.

Agree, it's different. Webster is the worst in the side for shirking responsibility ON the ball. However bad he might be at the moment, at least Zal wants to step on!

Archived