Fans have to get behind the team NOW!

soonbe110

It's pretty desperate times being a jambo at the moment. I don't think there is much that any of us can do to influence the next actions of the Mad One however the one thing we can do is get behind the team more than we have ever done.

The barracking that some of the players received on Saturday, particularly our Captain, was embarrassing really and made the game more comfortable for St.Johnstone than it might have been. The critical threads that appear on here as soon as the final whistle blows don't really help either. It would be better if some people took a little time to reflect before just stirring it up again.

Any one of us would be struggling to put in a good shift at work if our employers clearly didn't give a toss about us, didn't pay our salaries, made token gestures that only make things worse. If you add to that petty arguments with fellow employees and then thousands of 'customers' screaming at you for every slight mistake then I doubt whether anyone could perform to the best of their abilities.

What some people seem to forget is that footballers do go through periods when their form slips. We can either encourage them through that or we can rip their remaining confidence to shreds. The default amongst most jambo's always seems to be the latter.

Between now and the end of the January transfer window we have 7 league games, 3 at home, 4 away. Most of the league games are against likely bottom six clubs. We also have one cup tie in this period. By the end of the window we could be either challenging for third again and still in the Cup or we could be in a relegation battle, out of the Cup and fielding the youngest team we ever have. If we can win most of these games whilst we still have the current playing squad, relegation goes away and we may have a cup run to look forward to.

Even if the Mad One, and the players(somewhat understandably), don't care what happens let's make sure that they and everyone else knows that Hearts fan's care and give their team at least 100% support and commitment, particularly at times when it's really needed.

I'm sure that if we get right behind the team, the players will respond.

Good post. Rest assurred that I will be cheering the team on next week whilst listening to the radio.:thumbsup:

Better call Saul

Decent post ! Them being vastly over paid along with the performance they deliver is what makes me Mad when it comes to zal he needs to be dropped ..

I must admit that, although I kept it to myself, I could have quite easily exploded at some of the players on Saturday.

Although there was a number of fundamental errors made on the pitch I think people are all too quick to forget that most of the first team have been playing for nothing for the past 2-3 weeks and have been told they are likely to be punted to anyone who puts in an acceptable bid or their contracts not renewed come January.

Being a ST holder I have to say that the atmosphere at Tynecastle is probably not doing the playing staff any favours. I went to White Heart Lane and sang for nearly 2 hours non-stop with the 3000 or so Jambos when there was no chance of us progressing to the group stages of the Europa League. I think some of that attitude and passion needs to be shown at home games as the players need something to spur them on.

Footballers are overpaid and under worked but look at it from their perspective, if the shoe was on the other foot you would not be interested in giving your all for the cause. If the supporters really get behind the team it makes a massive difference - 2nd Leg against Spurs and Semi vs "the wee team" are case in point.

In short; Vlad doesnt give a toss any longer and is willing to let the players go without wages and get shot of them in January which wouldn't make you feel particularly valued. I personally think the fans need to be the catalyst to try and get a reaction on the pitch. The negativity on here and in the ground are only making things worse.

JMc

Whilst everyone is feeling pretty down and frustrated with our situation I think it may be time the fans showed our support for the players. No one in the right mind thinks that they should have their wages stopped just because Vlad doesn't want to play with his expensive toy anymore. Getting on their backs when they are already being shafted is not going to encourage anyone to battle away on the park.Before anyone says that some don't deserve their over inflated salary I would say that the club must honour all agreed contracts unless there is an extremely good reason not to. A chant of "pay the players" may not register with Vlad much, but at least they would know that they have our backing. If we really are one of the best set of supporters in the country surely we should not turn on our team at a time like this.

Can I just say, while a good a post, it is hardly the fans fault. We are pissed off as for years we have been treated like shite from vlad.

gorgie rd eh11

Whilst everyone is feeling pretty down and frustrated with our situation I think it may be time the fans showed our support for the players. No one in the right mind thinks that they should have their wages stopped just because Vlad doesn't want to play with his expensive toy anymore. Getting on their backs when they are already being shafted is not going to encourage anyone to battle away on the park.Before anyone says that some don't deserve their over inflated salary I would say that the club must honour all agreed contracts unless there is an extremely good reason not to. A chant of "pay the players" may not register with Vlad much, but at least they would know that they have our backing. If we really are one of the best set of supporters in the country surely we should not turn on our team at a time like this.

Very good post. Both the players and fans are bound to be unhappy with what's happening, but neither will benefit from a negative atmosphere.

Jambof3tornado

Can I just say, while a good a post, it is hardly the fans fault. We are pissed off as for years we have been treated like shite from vlad.

Yup. And its cost us to get treated like poop,where at least the players have earned a small fortune!

Good OP, IMO the players deserve a lap of honor just for entering the field of play under these circumstances.

The last time my wages were not in without a good explanation, I never said a word to anyone, just dumped my tools and headed straight for my motor (half way through the shift), because I have seen too many holding on, only to be shafted big time.

A contract has to be a two way deal, they want a performance, the employee expects a paycheck on the day it's due (or a damn good reason why it's not).

These players have went above and beyond the call as it is, and most who are giving them a hard time have obviously not been late in getting their wages as long as these guys have.

I would love to hear them if (as has been suggested), their boss came round with the pay packets on a friday saying "OK, you did well so you get yours, you were lazy so you get hee haw etc.).

"You're right enough boss, I'll try and do better on monday"......PFFFTT.

The players are heroes for even trying a leg, and I'm sure the ones badmouthing them are all real ballbusters every minute of every shift at their own jobs.

Good OP, IMO the players deserve a lap of honor just for entering the field of play under these circumstances.

The last time my wages were not in without a good explanation, I never said a word to anyone, just dumped my tools and headed straight for my motor (half way through the shift), because I have seen too many holding on, only to be shafted big time.

A contract has to be a two way deal, they want a performance, the employee expects a paycheck on the day it's due (or a damn good reason why it's not).

These players have went above and beyond the call as it is, and most who are giving them a hard time have obviously not been late in getting their wages as long as these guys have.

I would love to hear them if (as has been suggested), their boss came round with the pay packets on a friday saying "OK, you did well so you get yours, you were lazy so you get hee haw etc.).

"You're right enough boss, I'll try and do better on monday"......PFFFTT.

The players are heroes for even trying a leg, and I'm sure the ones badmouthing them are all real ballbusters every minute of every shift at their own jobs.

Hero's? Lap of honour? Above and beyond the call of duty?!

I think you're watching a different set of players than I am.

Sorry, but the attitude of the current squad, less maybe a few exceptions, and for longer than wage-gate has been going on, has been nothing short of appalling.

Its easy to hide behind the fact that "the poor wee souls arent getting paid" - but the problems with this bunch run much deeper than that.

Hero's? Lap of honour? Above and beyond the call of duty?!

I think you're watching a different set of players than I am.

Sorry, but the attitude of the current squad, less maybe a few exceptions, and for longer than wage-gate has been going on, has been nothing short of appalling.

Its easy to hide behind the fact that "the poor wee souls arent getting paid" - but the problems with this bunch run much deeper than that.

Then maybe the guys who scouted and signed them should be first on the "your getting hee haw" list.

How did you perform when you never got paid for weeks at your job ?

Good op but think the general apathy seems to have dissolved most peoples passion.

We'll prob continue to go to games and groan away.

Archived