Help regarding a claim

Lt.Speirs

Morning,

I was in a car crash last july, were the guy wrote off my new car (7 fercking weeks old) they have paid my car off (apart from the diff on the hire purchase which left me ?1500 out of pocket), and my expenses ie. the cost to retain my private plates. What is dragging on is the claim for injuries, does anyone had any experience with this and how much is the likely payout before i suffered 2 bulging discs in my lower back and a badly sprained neck.

cheers

Doctor FinnBarr

It can take bloody years mate, they like to wait to see if theres any long term damage.:confused:

Morning,

I was in a car crash last july, were the guy wrote off my new car (7 fercking weeks old) they have paid my car off (apart from the diff on the hire purchase which left me ?1500 out of pocket),

I don't know about the injury payment, but you seem to have had a rough deal if you are ?1500 out on a 'brand' new car.

Who were your insurers?

(for future reference, not to use them)

They by law only have to pay out on the value of the car, which was only ?50 out on what i paid for it it is the intrest arnold clark wanted on top of that so the car was paid off, if you know what i mean

Stuart Lyon

I would have thought if you have a lawyer looking after the injury claim he should be advising you on claiming for uninsured losses. While the whole of the interest on the car might not be covered there may be scope for you to claim something because you had to pay it back immediately. Similarly if the cost of retaining your private plates was a direct result of the accident caused by the other guy then that is another uninsured loss. Make sure your lawyer includes other items such as damaged personal property including clothing, loss of earnings if any and out of pocket expenses as well as solatium (for the pain and suffering).

Stuart Lyon

Forgot to say of you have a lawyer his fees too should be met as an uninsured loss.If you haven't got a lawyer I suggest you get one. If you are in a trade union or professional body then they may have retained lawyers to help members.

Morning,

I was in a car crash last july, were the guy wrote off my new car (7 fercking weeks old) they have paid my car off (apart from the diff on the hire purchase which left me ?1500 out of pocket

cheers

Your insurance company did not cover the costs of the hire car!? Get htis sorted. If they provide you with a company/hire car, it should get billed to the other guys insurance!

Your insurance company did not cover the costs of the hire car!? Get htis sorted. If they provide you with a company/hire car, it should get billed to the other guys insurance!

sorry i meant on the finance for the car i had bought, what his insurance company did was instead of giving me a cheque for my car they paid the value of the car to ac i was left with the difference to pay ie the extra the charged for finance

I P Knightley
sorry i meant on the finance for the car i had bought, what his insurance company did was instead of giving me a cheque for my car they paid the value of the car to ac i was left with the difference to pay ie the extra the charged for finance

I'd've thought that the finance charge would be rolled over into deal for the replacement car?

Archived