TV Programmes you like...

Eckauskas

But you don't actually like the characters in it.

I quite enjoy King Of The Hill, I have the first 5 seasons on DVD and a couple more on my computer, which I obtained 100% legitimately, and have seen the majority of the shows on TV. But recently it came to my attention that there's only 1 character I like, while the others irritate me greatly.

Peggy, the wife, is the worst by far, but it doesn't put me off watching anyway.

Anyone else have a programme they like without liking the characters?

For the most part, Hank, Bill and Dale are hilarious. I do agree with the assessment for the rest of the cast, however.

It's a good question though - it's hard to make a good show with characters who are unintentionally unlikeable.

Can't think of any programme I like that has a character that I dislike (unless the show wants you to intentionally dislike them). Sorry.

I suppose the awesome Curb Your Enthusiasm pushes your ability to like the caricature that Larry David plays. He's just such an insensitive dick at times. :D

For the most part, Hank, Bill and Dale are hilarious. I do agree with the assessment for the rest of the cast, however.

It's a good question though - it's hard to make a good show with characters who are unintentionally unlikeable.

Dale's the only one I don't have a gripe with. He's actually one of my favourite characters on American telly. Hank does my tits in sometimes as well. If anything, there's always one main character per episode that does my tits in.

Apart from Peggy, she does my ******* box in all the time.

I liked Who Wants To Be A millionaire when it first started but it didny take long for that smug face t wat Tarrent to kill it, he just never shut up, and positively oozed insincerity, got me quite wound up at the time if I remember correctly, hate him with a passion. Carol Vorderman made(makes) me sick, even off camera (Countdowm) you hear her shouting or her forced high pitched laugh, loved her fall from grace

Most TV is sh it and plenty on it are ~vnts :woot:

jambos are go!

Like a lot of the football on TV but cant stand pre,post and half time match analysis and never watch them. At half time in decent weather I tend to do weeding in the garden to avoid cliche ridden drivel. The SPL highlights on the BBC Website are a godsend for me.

I think a couple of people have missed the point a bit here.

It's not a programme you like, even though there's one or two characters you don't like, it's about not liking any of them.

Sons of Anarchy. Great programme, but each and every character is a pretty detestable individual.

As an aside, the fourth series is almost finished in the US- it has been absolutely superb. Best thing on the box here at the moment, and better than the current series of Boardwalk Empire.

Not a fan of it anymore but when I used to like the simpsons - Lisa is a nippy wee *****.

Pretty much every episode focused around her is shit too.

Not a fan of it anymore but when I used to like the simpsons - Lisa is a nippy wee *****.

Pretty much every episode focused around her is shit too.

Eric Cartman is a little shit and I don't understand why his friends like him.

But a programme I like and hate everyone is difficult. Antiques Roadshow.

I watch Eggheads religously every night but see that CJ. :yucky:

This!! By the way, next time you watch. How weird does the guy Pat look during the opening titles.

BoJack Horseman

I think a couple of people have missed the point a bit here.

It's not a programme you like, even though there's one or two characters you don't like, it's about not liking any of them.

Then it's going to be a very short thread.

Maybe Dexter for me.

Sterling Archer

Then it's going to be a very short thread.

Maybe Dexter for me.

Yeah they feel the need to include background characters like LaGuerta but then don't have a clue what to do with her.

How can you dislike Dexter himself or Masooko (or whatever his name is) tho?

Eric Cartman is a little shit and I don't understand why his friends like him.

They don't like him! They all think he's a d***.

Archived