Antonio Valencia

thirdyboy1976

thirdyboy1976

I watched some of the Man Utd V Crystal Palace league cup game. Antonio Valencia was simply appalling, his decision making, his final ball was truly, truly awful. I know he has been out injured but that's no excuse for the amount of times he made a mess of things. This guy cost nearly ?16 million, you have to be better than that for that sort of money. Just wanted to say!

Sergio Garcia

One of countless passengers in the United team at the moment.

Valencia hasn't got back to what he was before the injury, hopefully he will soon.

Carl Spackler

Fergie deemed Valencia a suitable replacement for Ronaldo.

:cornette:

The thing is there was a short period last year I think it was where he and Rooney were unstoppable. Now, he looks decidedly average along with a quite a few others. They are really struggling in the Champions League too. Maybe in transition?

Love threads like this. :)

In the past, Flamini and Lucas Leiva have been proclaimed as shite on this forum. It just makes me giggle. :)

The thing is there was a short period last year I think it was where he and Rooney were unstoppable. Now, he looks decidedly average along with a quite a few others. They are really struggling in the Champions League too. Maybe in transition?

Valencia is just very inconsistent, I think the ankle break has definitely had an effect on his game. Not been the same since he came back.

I'm extremely happy with how him and his team mates are playing now though. :D

Malcolm Tucker

Love threads like this. :)

In the past, Flamini and Lucas Leiva have been proclaimed as shite on this forum. It just makes me giggle. :)

To be fair...

wow! To say Valencia is garbage or even average is very harsh. I'm pretty sure Wayne Rooney would strongly disagree. His positioning is unreal and is always available to receive the ball.

His form hasn't been as good this season after the injury but I have no doubt he will hit top form again soon.

The Great Khali

Lucas was liverpools player of the season last season.

He was tremendous against Chelsea on Sunday.

He'll be a massive miss for Liverpool now he's our for the season.

Lucas was liverpools player of the season last season.

He was tremendous against Chelsea on Sunday.

He'll be a massive miss for Liverpool now he's our for the season.

Agreed. He was also named north west of England's player of the season.

He will be sorely missed.

Agreed. He was also named north west of England's player of the season.

By who? The Spirit of Shankley Supporters Club?

Behave!

In 2009-10 after Ronaldo left and Valencia move to Utd, Wayne Rooney scored 34 goals in 42 games. Many of those goals were assisted by Valencia, and the following season when Valencia got injured, Rooney's goals dried up. It wasn't until he returned they got back to their best.

Fergie deemed Valencia a suitable replacement for Ronaldo.

:cornette:

Don't know if you noticed Man Utd won the league and got to the Champions League with him taking Ronaldo's position in the team?

In 2009-10 after Ronaldo left and Valencia move to Utd, Wayne Rooney scored 34 goals in 42 games. Many of those goals were assisted by Valencia, and the following season when Valencia got injured, Rooney's goals dried up. It wasn't until he returned they got back to their best.

Don't know if you noticed Man Utd won the league and got to the Champions League with him taking Ronaldo's position in the team?

Yeah, but why let facts get in the way of an irritatingly overused smiley? dry.gif

Valencia chipped in with a few assists, yes, but he wasn't a key player for United that season, and I wouldn't say he was the sole reason for Rooney's goal record. Ronaldo scored 40 odd goals in a season, Valencia got about 4. He has virtually no goal threat. Nani came in and half-replaced Ronaldo that season, not Valencia.

Fergie should have used the Ronaldo cash on a decent winger, not Wigan's player of the season. He's average. End of.

Archived