Winter wonderland up toon.

Cow

Anyone been or got any info on prices for ferris wheel or umbrella swing thingymajig etc.

Yeah,

It'll cost you your self respect and dignity.... hop on.

Yeah,

It'll cost you your self respect and dignity.... hop on.

I'm going on Saturday morning with The wife and kids, then to the Kings to see some freakin Panto, I honestly think Grant Stott (knew) is in it dry.gif ...Any self respect I had will be gone by the time I hit the Pub at 7pm!! :mellow:

I just veiwed the website for Winter Wonderland, There's an advert for Cinderella, It IS Grant Stott (knew), if that's not F***** bad enough it has Andy Gray (not the good one :teehee: ) and Allen "A wiz funny in f****** the 70's" Stewart :verymad:

I should have stayed single or worn a condom!! ;)

to be fair the toon is looking amazing just now .. very festive

well done to all involved

It rocked up on Princess Street today.

Parked underneath the view of the castle for tourists to take photos of, pretty good marketing like! Would look spot on if there was a bit of snow.

Edit: Meant to reply to HmfcAndy.

Wheres the Coca Cola lorry cause my FB feed is going nuts with updates

It's an advert.

Nothing more.

Prince Buaben

It's an advert.

Nothing more.

WHy are people posing with it up town then :whistling:

The above posts are correct..

Truly cretinous behaviour, posing with adverts.

It's not exactly an advert though is it. Obviously It's a marketing ploy, yes. But the Coca-Cola truck has become one of the staples of Christmas now with the iconic adverts. I don't think people see it and think hmm... think I'll have a bottle of Coke Zero. I'd argue that it is almost (almost) the same as getting a photo with 'Santa', the big red guy that Coca-Cola created :ermm:

for the record I wouldn't be posting up picture of me beside it but I think it's a cool addition to the decorations. Is there only one of them or are there a number that travel to various cities?

It is an advert.

At least Santa has the decency to not be dripping with logos.

Please though, don't get me wrong. I like adverts, they're often some of the best things on tv. I don't like them coming out into the teal world though.

It is an advert.

Please though, don't get me wrong. I like adverts, they're often some of the best things on tv. I don't like them coming out into the teal world though.

Erm....your wrong there.

The only reason Santa is dressed in red is because of Coca Cola.

So EVERY image of him is an dvert, on every Christmas card, advert and billboard.

Erm....your wrong there.

The only reason Santa is dressed in red is because of Coca Cola.

So EVERY image of him is an dvert, on every Christmas card, advert and billboard.

He's wearing their corporate colours but he's not wearing any logos.

Chaka Demus & pliers

It is an advert.

What if it was the turquoise world? Would that be ok?

He's wearing their corporate colours but he's not wearing any logos.

Ok....

But a global figure of fairy tales and fantasy has changed his distinctive uniform in every corner of the globe based on a companys idea.

I think that kinda trumps logos.

Ok....

But a global figure of fairy tales and fantasy has changed his distinctive uniform in every corner of the globe based on a companys idea.

See what you're saying but nobody looks at Santa and thinks coca-cola, nonce maybe but not cola

Ok....

Not really...

When you see Santa, dressed in red, most people think of Christmas, not coke, regardless of where his costume change came from.

When you see a coke logo you think of coke.

Not really...

When you see Santa, dressed in red, most people think of Christmas, not coke, regardless of where his costume change came from.

When you see a coke logo you think of coke.

Aye right ok,

you win

Aye right ok,

you win

Does anybody seriously look at Santa and think "Coke"?

Most people know the origins of the colours as an interesting piece of trivia but that's as far as it goes.

I hope not.

Me too. I'm terrible at fights.

I once had to fight a boy on the school bus because he had sat in my seat.

I 'won' the shoving match but then got punched in the face by another boy for accidentally hitting him while I was flailing.

The boy I was originally fighting is on the sex offenders register now.

Good old days.

People look at Santa and think Christmas.

People look at the Red Coke truck and think Christmas.

Just because they advertise something doesn't mean they can't have become more that that and represent another thing that people associate with them.

heartgarfunkel

How much is the bevvy and German fast food at that market thing on the mound? Is it stacked with bursds looking like innkeeper's daughters from a Hammer House of Horror film? Not been for a few years. :silly:

Archived