Well done Brisbane Roar

downunder jambo

downunder jambo

For those who are interested, Brisbane Roar (the team ex-Hearts player Rocky Visconte now plays for) have just notched up their 36th game in a row undefeated. The run stretches back to last season and is a new record for any top sporting team in Australia (the previous record of 35 games was held by a rugby league team for 74 years!). Not only are the Roar undefeated but they play a great brand of attacking, passing football and have also scored 7 goals in one game. They got the record with a 4-0 victory at the weekend (against Ian Ferguson's Perth Glory, who Liam Miller also plays for!). They make all the other Aussie football teams look very ordinary and boring!

The previous record was indeed held by a thugby league side but comparisons are irrelevant as that competition until recently was in reality a one town provincial comp, restricted to Sydney, hardly a national league. The supporters of St George, a Sydney rl team, boast about having a world record of consecutive titles, in their typically Aust. parochial way forgetting the same fact.

Melbourne Jambo

If my team, Victory, kept more than 9 players on the park we might have ended that a few weeks ago! On the positive in 3 matches since I've moved back to Australia i've seen 13 goals and a Liam Miller red card, loved giving him the "you hibs *******" send off despite being the only one doing it!

Could any down under Jambo's let us know how young Dylan McGowan is getting on?

Going to the Perth Glory vs Gold Coast Utd tonight so will let you know how he played later.

Going to the Perth Glory vs Gold Coast Utd tonight so will let you know how he played later.

Thanks mate. How'd it go?

Archived