Easter Road Application form

Ricknauskis

Just opened the application form to find payment details at the bottom asks for your card number, CSC number, expiry date and address. Now correct me if I'm wrong but if this info fell into the wrong hands ( ie anyone at fester roads admin office ) then they could help there self to a nice new LCD online ??????

Surely this isn't secure especially when it's a postal application.

Jambof3tornado

And when you buy over the phone whats to stop anyone writing down the card details and using them??

Email the form if you like its more secure and I wouldnt trust the royal mail(sorry to any posties on here).whistling.gif

And when you buy over the phone whats to stop anyone writing down the card details and using them??

Email the form if you like its more secure and I wouldnt trust the royal mail(sorry to any posties on here).whistling.gif

You don't want to send such details on a standard email. :ninja:

I wouldnt give details over the phone, especially some **** at fester road. They'd be straight doon for mare methadone

Just opened the application form to find payment details at the bottom asks for your card number, CSC number, expiry date and address. Now correct me if I'm wrong but if this info fell into the wrong hands ( ie anyone at fester roads admin office ) then they could help there self to a nice new LCD online ??????

This is illegal. Hibs are breaching Payment Card industry rules.

This is illegal. Hibs are breaching Payment Card industry rules.

They may well be as not a clue what these are in detail but it isn't breaking the law as these are guidelines/codes of practice and secondly if they are so are many companies including big big companies as many places still allow card payments through the post - including government agencies.

ToadKiller Dog

I cant see why the hobos cant put up a secure application link on there official web page ,that would maybe cut back some of the security issues .

portobellojambo1

Would you have the same concerns if you were being asked to send this information to a tour company, hotel, retail outlet, Kilmarnock FC, Aberdeen FC, Dundee United FC, Dunfermline Athletic FC or anyone else, or is it purely because it is Hibernian FC and everyone that works for them or supports them is either unemployed, a criminal or a drug addict, who is waiting on you sending it so they can misuse it.

Your information could be misused by anyone anywhere, irrespective of how you sent it to them and who they work for, and if we all lived in the belief that every time we did something on our credit/debit card someone was going to misuse it we would never transact anything other than by cash.

I think you will find that as many people who are associated with Hearts have similar backgrounds to those who follow Hibs regards crime, unemployment and drugs and this idea that this is a problem unique to them is merely something to keep internet banter going. Nor are all those who work for Hibernian Hibs fans, just like the admin staff who work for HMFC are not all Hearts fans.

If you are at all worried about it going by post you could send it registered mail, however even that wouldn't stop someone who wanted to misuse it actually doing so

I ain't giving the scum a ******* penny they will loose around ?75,000 if we don't buy the tickets, let's face it they're only going to sell 7000/8000 tickets to their own supporters because they haven't got anymore. Let them burn

I ain't giving the scum a ******* penny they will loose around ?75,000 if we don't buy the tickets, let's face it they're only going to sell 7000/8000 tickets to their own supporters because they haven't got anymore. Let them burn

I think you will find that the team will want your support.

Application for 3 sent yesterday afternoon. The New Years game is the best. Come on the JT's.

I wouldn't send my card details through the post to anyone regardless of who was asking for them. If for any reason your details fall into the wrong hands I can guarantee the card company will tell you the exact same thing when you phone up to cancel your card.

The Old Tolbooth

Email??? Secure??? :blink:

:lol:

I cant see why the hobos cant put up a secure application link on there official web page ,that would maybe cut back some of the security issues .

Very much this!

I think the main reason for them not doing it is that there is no real need for their own fans to use a system like this because they can walk up to the piggery and basically have their pick of any seat they want seeing as there's 8,000 of them rattling around in a 20K stadium every other week, plus it would probably cost them about ?100 to install such a service, and that's money they just don't have.

stirlingshirejambo

I wouldn't send my card details through the post to anyone regardless of who was asking for them. If for any reason your details fall into the wrong hands I can guarantee the card company will tell you the exact same thing when you phone up to cancel your card.

You can fill in the form and personally hand it in at Easter Road.

More of a hassle but may make security better. Unfortunately you still have to fill in the form which they will keep and shred once processed

Problem Officer?

:facepalm:

You can fill in the form and personally hand it in at Easter Road.

More of a hassle but may make security better. Unfortunately you still have to fill in the form which they will keep and shred once processed

Only thing is the Ticket Office was closed at 14.00 on Tuesday.

Nelly Terraces

If this IS legal, what are the implications if your details were to be used for nefarious practices, i.e. would your credit/debit card provider turn round and say 'yes, that's legal, but it was your own fault using such a flimsy payment system, we're not reimbursing you the money'? For what it's worth, I'll be there and so will the rest of the guys I know. Nothing better than going down there and giving those peasants a good whipping. It'll be all the more sweeter ramming it to them after this palaver.:thumbsup:

If this IS legal, what are the implications if your details were to be used for nefarious practices, i.e. would your credit/debit card provider turn round and say 'yes, that's legal, but it was your own fault using such a flimsy payment system, we're not reimbursing you the money'? For what it's worth, I'll be there and so will the rest of the guys I know. Nothing better than going down there and giving those peasants a good whipping. It'll be all the more sweeter ramming it to them after this palaver.:thumbsup:

Well if you want to complain these are the guys to complain to:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/answers/complaints_a2.html

What's the ?6 postage charge all about? With the huns financial problems It'll be interesting to see if the scum treat them like they are treating us when they're playing at Easter Road.

Would you have the same concerns if you were being asked to send this information to a tour company, hotel, retail outlet, Kilmarnock FC, Aberdeen FC, Dundee United FC, Dunfermline Athletic FC or anyone else, or is it purely because it is Hibernian FC and everyone that works for them or supports them is either unemployed, a criminal or a drug addict, who is waiting on you sending it so they can misuse it.

Your information could be misused by anyone anywhere, irrespective of how you sent it to them and who they work for, and if we all lived in the belief that every time we did something on our credit/debit card someone was going to misuse it we would never transact anything other than by cash.

I think you will find that as many people who are associated with Hearts have similar backgrounds to those who follow Hibs regards crime, unemployment and drugs and this idea that this is a problem unique to them is merely something to keep internet banter going. Nor are all those who work for Hibernian Hibs fans, just like the admin staff who work for HMFC are not all Hearts fans.

If you are at all worried about it going by post you could send it registered mail, however even that wouldn't stop someone who wanted to misuse it actually doing so

the salient point is some wee skank might think it a big yadedda to rip off supporters of his city rivals and brag about it to his m8's to gain some kind of kudos...................

could it happen? unlikely but not immpossible and yes it could happen if the roles were reversed..............

the thing I would be worried about , correct me if I am wrong but the site you email the application form to is not a secure site, by definition when internet criminals try to get your bank details they in general phish/search for certain keywords things like account number ,ccv number ,etc,etc using a secure site scrambles all this information ,stoppng them from seeing this information but anyone using an unsecure site leaves themselves wide open to getting ripped off , may be a pain but i`d strongly suggest handing in the form by hand or registered post !!

Hannibal Lecter

What's the ?6 postage charge all about? With the huns financial problems It'll be interesting to see if the scum treat them like they are treating us when they're playing at Easter Road.

They are being sent out Special Delivery which costs ?5.45, so I assume the other 55p is some sort of admin fee for handling the sales themselves.

Quick question. 5 of us going and I am buying the tickets but only room for 4 names on form. Are you guaranteed tickets alongside each other if you are to use more than one form?

Quick question. 5 of us going and I am buying the tickets but only room for 4 names on form. Are you guaranteed tickets alongside each other if you are to use more than one form?

Yes correct!

Better call Saul

Do everyone of friends have enough loyalty points ...or because you have enough does that cover all your friends ?

stirlingshirejambo

Do everyone of friends have enough loyalty points ...or because you have enough does that cover all your friends ?

I can't believe your actually serious about that. What would be the point of loyalty points if you could just add friends!!!!!!

Prince Buaben

Everyone needs enough points. If not the request will be void.

Really? I got all 3 in my application but i am sure one didnt have the inital threshold :ninja:

Everyone needs enough points. If not the request will be void.

Don't think that is right. Pretty sure those on the application with enough points will get theirs and those that don't will have to wait until they do qualify.

They are being sent out Special Delivery which costs ?5.45, so I assume the other 55p is some sort of admin fee for handling the sales themselves.

Do we not charge more than ?6 to send tickets through the post?

Archived