The West Lothian Question

Toggie88

No, not the 'Scottish votes on English issues' one, but the Real one; Where about is the Salt and Sauce/Salt and Vinegar border?

By this I mean, where do they stop assuming "Salt n Sauce?" and start assuming "Salt n Vinegar"?

Any ideas?

Camelon, it's definitely salt and sauce in Bo'ness and Linlithgow. I reckon you have to go to the West side of Falkirk.

Camelon, it's definitely salt and sauce in Bo'ness and Linlithgow. I reckon you have to go to the West side of Falkirk.

I'll ask a guy at my placement if that is the case!:P

TBh im not sure there is such a thing anymore. Ive been asked for sauce in Glasgow and as far afield as Aberdeen, and not just crap Tomato Sauce either.

Im sure someone will have a definitive answer.:)

Doctor FinnBarr

Sauce in Blackburn, buy it in a bottle from the chip van, smack a hole in the lid and off you go!:confused:

Sauce in Blackburn, buy it in a bottle from the chip van, smack a hole in the lid and off you go!:confused:

tried one of them round my way. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Grease and bacteria on wheels!

Sergio Garcia

well im from Forth its salt and vinegar altho we are just on the outskirts of south lanarkshire just before the west lothian sign, any of the towns east of us seem to be the salt and sauce option!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
well im from Forth its salt and vinegar altho we are just on the outskirts of south lanarkshire just before the west lothian sign, any of the towns east of us seem to be the salt and sauce option!

Salt and vinegar in Leeds :rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr

Forth??? Gimme 6 mate.

:4_1_72:

salt and sauce, and salt and vinegar, here in sighthill auld reekie,went to visit ma sister near oxford and not a bit of brown sauce anywhere to be seen,there wos ketchup tho ehhhhhh no thanks

Sergio Garcia
Ain,t too far away!:confused:

well high sizes all round then!!!! Not many ppl remember the Forth, where in these parts are you from?

Barbeque in Corstorphine is..

"What you would you like"

with the the answer being salt 'n' sauce.

Best Hamburger suppers i've had!

Pete Seeger

Stops at Linlithgow. Anything north or west of Linlithgow is Vinegar from my experience. Well Falkirk and Camelon are anyways.

salt and sauce, and salt and vinegar, here in sighthill auld reekie,went to visit ma sister near oxford and not a bit of brown sauce anywhere to be seen,there wos ketchup tho ehhhhhh no thanks

I take it youre talking about Aldos?

Ive been eating chippys from there from as far back as i can remember and have never once been offered salt n vinegar.

Salt n vinegar is for poofs!

So how far South and East does the line go?

I know Biggar is definitely Salt n Vinegar, what about Peebles, Haddington et al?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I take it youre talking about Aldos?

Ive been eating chippys from there from as far back as i can remember and have never once been offered salt n vinegar.

Salt n vinegar is for poofs!

If he's talking about Aldos he is talking pish.

Agreed Neily - Salt and Vinegar is for poofs :evilno:

Doctor FinnBarr
well high sizes all round then!!!! Not many ppl remember the Forth, where in these parts are you from?

Sunny Blackburn:confused:

funktasticlad

Worked in chippy in linlithgow whilst at school and it was always salt and sauce on your supper? But sometimes i'd say salt and vineagar jst to mix it up a bit;)

Salt n Sauce in Fauldhouse, just the right side of the W Lothian sign ;)

Archived