Strachan said Nah to the San Giro

Clerry Jambo

Don't think he was the only one from what I hear - Pat Fenlon was way down the pecking order and about 4th choice for the job.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Must have thought WGS was in the bag when they claimed that the next manager would unite all the fans. Fenlon is pretty meh in box-office terms to be honest, not saying he will be a bad manager or a good one or anything but he is hardly a 'bring out the dancing girls' type appointment like their board hinted at is he. :blink:

Don't think he was the only one from what I hear - Pat Fenlon was way down the pecking order and about 4th choice for the job.

Second.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Stuart Mccall.

So McCall was the guy who was going to unite the whole support? Nice... Any info on why he turned it down? Jim Spence will be devastated, he reckoned that this was the time for Hibs to rise and seize power, he obviously forgot to text these views to McCall and Strachan though. :ermm:

For a club that is starting to get dragged in to debt, would be shocked if Strachan was offered a job other than manager. Would just seem like burning money when they are supposed to be still paying off their last couple of managers.

So McCall was the guy who was going to unite the whole support? Nice... Any info on why he turned it down? Jim Spence will be devastated, he reckoned that this was the time for Hibs to rise and seize power, he obviously forgot to text these views to McCall and Strachan though. :ermm:

Mccall didn't. Motherwell didn't give Hibs permission to speak to him and it was dead right there and then. I presume that Mccall had been informed but I can't say that for certain.

Mccall was the only manager Hibs approached. All others applied - including Fenlon (and Csaba by the way).

Let's just say I know a guy.

Hibs are an absolute shambles from top to bottom, all be it in very different ways to ourselves, but shambolic none the less.

Mccall didn't. Motherwell didn't give Hibs permission to speak to him and it was dead right there and then. I presume that Mccall had been informed but I can't say that for certain.

Mccall was the only manager Hibs approached. All others applied - including Fenlon (and Csaba by the way).

Let's just say I know a guy.

Hibs are an absolute shambles from top to bottom, all be it in very different ways to ourselves, but shambolic none the less.

ta for the info mate

Archived