spl website get the u19 table wrong

kamac1

celtic have now played 11 games with 2 draws ........and a defeat today to the hearts

very significant win against celtic, makes up for their 0-2 scoreline at Riccarton a few weeks ago

Footballfirst

That table is very pleasing on the eye!

It's great to see, but I wouldn't get carried away yet. They still have 8 games to play with 6 of them away from home. We also don't know what the situation will be come the end of January with Holt Walker and Smith. Allowing them to go on loan was an indication that the U19 league is not a high priority (correct decision).

We still have injuries to Murdoch and Tobin that won't see them back until after the winter shutdown. I don't know how serious Kane's injury was today either. I'd rather it was kept (as Craig Whyte may say) "below the radar" for the time being.

Nice to see Hibs in second place, yes 'nice', could be some great Derbys in the years to come if both teams can hold on to their players.

Some great pals are Hibs supporters and I have no trouble in urging them to second place in anything.

jamboinglasgow

It's great to see, but I wouldn't get carried away yet. They still have 8 games to play with 6 of them away from home. We also don't know what the situation will be come the end of January with Holt Walker and Smith. Allowing them to go on loan was an indication that the U19 league is not a high priority (correct decision).

We still have injuries to Murdoch and Tobin that won't see them back until after the winter shutdown. I don't know how serious Kane's injury was today either. I'd rather it was kept (as Craig Whyte may say) "below the radar" for the time being.

Completely agree, I see Paulo is saying the same that it is getting the players into the first team that is the priority not the title.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2011/11/27/paulo-sergio-hearts-youngsters-must-think-about-getting-a-game-not-wining-trophies-86908-23592543/

Anything could happen in the last 8 games, the loss against St Johnstone demonstrated that we can slip up and its the way in youth football, last season we had only lost once in our first 5 games (and that was against eventual champions Celtic by just 1 goal) then all of a sudden we lost 7-0 at home against Hamilton, a day when he just had a poor game and everything went right for Hamilton. If Celtic win all their games in hand (which they can do) they will only be 1 point behind us, and all it requires is for us to draw and they win to go ahead of us. Yesterday put us in control of our own destiny, but it will take hard work and concentration over the final 8 games to make sure we grasp the title.

With the winter break about to happen, after Saturday's game against Dundee United there is no competitive under 19 game until the 4th of February, I wonder if we might see some more under 19s going away on loan for a month to give them experience and game time. If we are going to be using more under 19s from January it may not be a bad idea (obviously they cant go to Raith Rovers as they are a bit full, but I am sure other clubs would take a couple.)

Footballfirst

Yes - He's is a bit taller than the average 12 year old His height does make for a few mismatches, but on the downside it puts him at risk of having opposition players nutmeging him by running beween his legs. :whistling:

He's actually a decent player and has stepped up to play for the U14s on occasions.

DanielBaur.jpg

Yes - He's is a bit taller than the average 12 year old His height does make for a few mismatches, but on the downside it puts him at risk of having opposition players nutmeging him by running beween his legs. :whistling:

He's actually a decent player and has stepped up to play for the U14s on occasions.

DanielBaur.jpg

:lol:

DanielBaur.jpg

Peter Crouch's laddie?

Archived