If Rangers go to the wall

CraigSN1

If Rangers do go the wall I think it will be the reaction of the SPL/SFA etc that may well entrench Romanov's views rather than change them.

Unfortunately.

Well, selling the club obviously.

Cool..just asked the question although it wasn't obvious.

If he does? What do you think?

Cool..just asked the question although it wasn't obvious.

If he does? What do you think?

Other posters on the thread seemed to grasp the meaning of the question without any problem, I suspect your being purposefully obtuse.

Personal feelings of Vlad aside, in my opinion it could only be a good thing for the club. If, and I agree with the sentiments of others on the thread that its a big if, Rangers go to the wall it will be a huge opportunity for us. I would foresee all the part time huns starting to follow us, buying merchandise coupled with extra TV revenue and potentially higher prize money it could bring us above the break even point. In turn that would bring us into line with Fifa's FFP imitative.

So therefore I suspect that if Vlad does not have to continually put his hand in his own pocket he may be more interested. At the very least we would be a far more attractive propect for any potential investors.

Whats your thoughts?

Other posters on the thread seemed to grasp the meaning of the question without any problem, I suspect your being purposefully obtuse.

Personal feelings of Vlad aside, in my opinion it could only be a good thing for the club. If, and I agree with the sentiments of others on the thread that its a big if, Rangers go to the wall it will be a huge opportunity for us. I would foresee all the part time huns starting to follow us, buying merchandise coupled with extra TV revenue and potentially higher prize money it could bring us above the break even point. In turn that would bring us into line with Fifa's FFP imitative.

So therefore I suspect that if Vlad does not have to continually put his hand in his own pocket he may be more interested. At the very least we would be a far more attractive propect for any potential investors.

Whats your thoughts?

I can see where your coming from, but I could see Rangers trying to start off in the lower leagues again and I reckon the only time we'd have many Huns amongst the support is when we play Hibs or Celtic, which we wouldn't want. But like other people say I don't think there is a hope in hell of Rangers going bust. The SFA and even up as far as the government would do as much as they can to intervene.

Drylaw Hearts

I can see where your coming from, but I could see Rangers trying to start off in the lower leagues again and I reckon the only time we'd have many Huns amongst the support is when we play Hibs or Celtic, which we wouldn't want. But like other people say I don't think there is a hope in hell of Rangers going bust. The SFA and even up as far as the government would do as much as they can to intervene.

:lol:

i wish jj was my dad

While the fall of Rangers and Celtic would benefit Scottish society enormously, I fear they will both be around long after we are dead and gone.

I think we have our own problems to worry about.

:lol:

It really wouldn't surprise me, I don't mean necessarily that would be the views or objective of the majority of the government but a lot of politicians through on the west would no doubt beg for an emergency bailout.

Whats your thoughts?

Never really gave it much thought and your suspicions are false. Glad to be of help. :)

Francis Albert

If he has heard about the Sunday papers absolutely wetting themselves over the arrival of Rangers' Indian triallists, and recalls their reaction to our Lithuanian triallists, his views of Scottish football will have been reinforced.

Charlie-Brown

Romanov has been ranting against Rupert Murdoch's media empire and their controlling influence that's killing football then low & behold just last week Neil Donkey-ass-ster announces a new deal with SKY-TV that essentially guarantees Rangers SPL future unless the clubs want to forfeit the tv deal money.

Still no new club up and running from the Vlad out brigade....

Even after all these years.... :rolleyes:

Romanov has been ranting against Rupert Murdoch's media empire and their controlling influence that's killing football then low & behold just last week Neil Donkey-ass-ster announces a new deal with SKY-TV that essentially guarantees Rangers SPL future unless the clubs want to forfeit the tv deal money.

This. The irony of the whole situation is if anything it would make vlad even more eager to get away.

Still no new club up and running from the Vlad out brigade....

Even after all these years.... :rolleyes:

FC Heart of Midlothian. :thumbsup:

Whats your thoughts?

Wouldn't make much difference to what we get just now,perhaps another ?200'000 max.

jambo-in-furness

Whats your thoughts?

The part time huns we have "supporting" us now are too many :angry:

Whats your thoughts?

Great,

So if all these Rangers fans start following us, we'd have to decide which side to support in all conflicts throughout the world - and bring those sides respective flags to Tynecastle.

Cannae wait :down:

Rangers will never go to the wall.

Do we really want Romanov to change his mind?

Do we really have any other option?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rangers will never go to the wall.

Do we really want Romanov to change his mind?

How do you know Part 1 is true?

A Newco Rangers is actively being talked about therefore, by definition, Rangers will have gone to the wall.

How do you know Part 1 is true?

A Newco Rangers is actively being talked about therefore, by definition, Rangers will have gone to the wall.

The may stop trading under the current name.

But they will still be Rangers however it ends up.

If we go bust and comeback as Heart.of Midlothian Fc or whatever.

Does the history get erased?

Still the same club,same fans,same passion.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The may stop trading under the current name.

But they will still be Rangers however it ends up.

If we go bust and comeback as Heart.of Midlothian Fc or whatever.

Does the history get erased?

Still the same club,same fans,same passion.

That is debatable. The real question here is what happens to the newco in terms of entry level.

That is debatable. The real question here is what happens to the newco in terms of entry level.

Didnt Airdrie buy into the league through clydebank ?

Started in the 3rd,though cant remember where clydebank were in the league when they went bust.

I'm pretty sure the new TV deal ensures that Rangers will remain in the top flight, either in its current form or as another entity.

I'm pretty sure the new TV deal ensures that Rangers will remain in the top flight, either in its current form or as another entity.

TV deals shouldn't overrule the agreed sporting rules. If so, the SFA / SPL should then at least have the balls to make a quick change...

"Rule 1 - Do what Murdoch says"

Geoff Kilpatrick

Didnt Airdrie buy into the league through clydebank ?

Started in the 3rd,though cant remember where clydebank were in the league when they went bust.

They bought Clydebank, renamed them as Airdrie Utd and entered Division 2.

You can argue whether they are still Airdrie. I would say they aren't but that's my opinion.

Francis Albert

They bought Clydebank, renamed them as Airdrie Utd and entered Division 2.

You can argue whether they are still Airdrie. I would say they aren't but that's my opinion.

They are certainly no longer Airdrieonians, and as far as the record books are concerned they never won the Scottish Cup.

They are certainly no longer Airdrieonians, and as far as the record books are concerned they never won the Scottish Cup.

Still Airdrie fans that follow them though.

It isnt a brand new fan base for a new team (like livi)

Same old die hards.

Charlie-Brown

Airdrie United aren't Airdrieonians but they aren't really Clydebank either.

Put it this way Clydebank now play in the Juniors in the same/similar strips supported by the same fans.

Airdrie United play in similar strips as Airdrieonians and play in the same stadium supported by the same fans.

AFC Wimbledon play in the traditional home stadium in the same team colours supported by the same fans yet Wimbledon FC now play in Milton Keynes re-branded as MK Dons in different team colours with new fans.

Which team is really Wimbledon?

Archived