Pre-conceived notions

Groot

After reading through the various GTF/praise threads it is seeming more and more common for people to set a stance on how they feel about a player and nothing will change that.

I couldn't make it to the game yesterday (as is sadly becoming a common occurrence) but from the commentary it didn't sound like many had a good game and I've already covered my opinion in the MOTM thread ( go vote if you haven't already done so) but a prime example is it sounded like both centre halfs had a bit of a holocaust

However you then read on here that Zaliukas had a shocker (I am a firm Zal defender but even I can concede that sounded the case) and Webster carried him through but then there are others saying the opposite! Do people appreciate it is perfectly possible for them both to have good and bad games at the same time and that you can admit it without losing your soul. It's worse than the wee lassies who get their different 'team vampire' etc t-shirts for watching Twilight**

It's not healthy, when Hearts win the first thought should be to enjoy the win not be the first one to get the knife in to your least favourite player, it's sad and makes me think you believe being proved right in your agenda (deny it all you want but that's what it is) is more important than how Hearts do

** For this paragraph please also see all chat related to Vlad is god/ GTF Vlad and Obua is great/Obua is the worst player ever to play for Hearts

The win wasn't pretty yesterday but all that was important was we got those points. In a win i'll actively seek to pick out who was best, and although quite a few of the players had a dull afternoon it won't bother me as we still done the job.

Zaliukas made 2 huge errors that could have cost us two goals.

After those he was quite wary and just cleared his lines or put it out when under pressure.

Webster certainly did not carry him through the game.

Webster could have easily given away 2 penalties and was very slack at at times.

That being said, they both showed some instances of good solid defending and kept their calm despite mistakes.

The weather will have played a huge factor in their performances more than the rest of the team due to the amount of high balls towards them.

As the season progresses those points yesterday could prove vital, so for that reason I'm delighted with the result.

Agreed, I hope this gives us the confidence to move on as we have some pretty big games coming up that could effectively make or break our season already. St Johnstone and Motherwell are 2 very difficult games but 6 points would be monumental and a point at Darkheid would be superb. But thats maybe hoping for a bit much.

Gregory House M.D.

Fact is Webster made 1 mistake after the wind took the ball and he misjudged the flight and fell on his arse.

Zaliukas looked like a mistake every touch and made 3/4 that could've and did cost goals.

Zaliukas lost his man for the goal I think but will need to see it again.

By far the worst Hearts Captain ever.

Yes....

Most fans of football are guilty of pre-conceived opinions.

I appreciate that but do we have to be exposed to the same boring tedious chat every week and the stubborn head in sand responses when their opinion is not correct for that week

It's shite and can stifle real debate

yes.

The people behind me do it all the time. Stevenson and Obua are the two current targets. They hate Obua and seam disappointed whenever he does anything good.

Fact is Webster made 1 mistake after the wind took the ball and he misjudged the flight and fell on his arse.

Zaliukas looked like a mistake every touch and made 3/4 that could've and did cost goals.

Zaliukas lost his man for the goal I think but will need to see it again.

By far the worst Hearts Captain ever.

And here we have prime example # 1

You're fine with your opinion on Zal for yesterdays game going by all accounts but you feel the need to make excuses for mistakes made by Webster but Zal is just shite, why?

I appreciate that but do we have to be exposed to the same boring tedious chat every week and the stubborn head in sand responses when their opinion is not correct for that week

Agree, which is why I'm not going to bother any more.

I'll see you on the other thread...

Hell, you could say the same about Vlad...

All those that were wanting him out could have started a new club by now...instead they turn up to bore our arses off.

It's all good fun Malky. Embrace it.

Gregory House M.D.

And here we have prime example # 1

You're fine with your opinion on Zal for yesterdays game going by all accounts but you feel the need to make excuses for mistakes made by Webster but Zal is just shite, why?

Excuses?

You seem intent on making Webster look bad to pull the bombscare out the shit.

Why is that?

Excuses?

You seem intent on making Webster look bad to pull the bombscare out the shit.

Why is that?

No, I have confessed that I am a Zal fan but can admit it sounds like he was horrific yesterday and deserves the criticism, if you read Kenif's reply he also points out there were occasions when Webster could have done better which could have cost us. It is also unclear from what I have read so far where the goal came from so I'll wait for the highlights.

I put it to you as you still haven't answered my point, why throw shit at Zaliukas but defend Webster when it seems clear they both had their faults yesterday which I am readily able to admit but you can't it appears

Gregory House M.D.

No, I have confessed that I am a Zal fan but can admit it sounds like he was horrific yesterday and deserves the criticism, if you read Kenif's reply he also points out there were occasions when Webster could have done better which could have cost us. It is also unclear from what I have read so far where the goal came from so I'll wait for the highlights.

I put it to you as you still haven't answered my point, why throw shit at Zaliukas but defend Webster when it seems clear they both had their faults yesterday which I am readily able to admit but you can't it appears

Because Zal was worse. Tenfold. Webster made one mistake.

Gregory House M.D.

So why are other folk saying differently?

God only knows.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Obua was booed when his name was read out on the team sheet.

Hearts have a horrendous support I'm afraid.

People wonder why managers are reluctant to blood youngsters. You'll soon find out once the Wheatfield stand destroys any confidence Jason Holt, Walker etc have.

Gregory House M.D.

So you don't think your own opinion on Zal distorts it for you?

No. I thought Webster played well but his Hollywood Hoofs were *******a woeful. I don't judge them against eachother. Zaliukas was just awful though.

Both Zaliukas and Webster were poor. Zaliukas more so.

The wind didn't help and it seemed to make them both indecisive.

Players can have bad games. Its human nature. We won though so its not too bad.

Gregory House M.D.

Players can have bad games. Its human nature. We won though so its not too bad.

When did Zal last have a good one? :unsure:

zaliukas and webster both had a few glaring mistakes. as did all the other outfield players who played from both sides.

only a ****ing idiot would refuse to acknowledge that webster had as much of a howler as zaliukas did.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It definitely does exist, particularly in the cases of Zaliukas and Obua.

For what it's worth, both centre halves were as bad as each other yesterday. Webster's distribution was terrible. Folk seem to be choosing to forget that Zal's mistake leading to Tade's one on one was caused by Hamill stupidly throwing the ball to him when he was under pressure.

When did Zal last have a good one? :unsure:

He's not the worst player in the world but I do think he's prone to brainfreeze at least once every match.

Yesterday I think there was 3 moments.

Maybe drop him for a game to sort his head out.

stirlingshirejambo

I thought both centre halves from both teams struggled and the wind had to be a factor in that. Zal made a bad error in first half and from then on under any pressure he just cleared lines. Sometimes effectively sometimes not. I'm a zal fan and can sometimes be blinkered but don't think he deserves level of abuse he gets

portobellojambo1

While what you say may well be true MM, I think it is just part and parcel of the whole package that is internet football forums. I didn't post anything on individual's performances yesterday, as I thought it was all round a poor, poor game of football. The slightly better of two very poor sides picked up all 3 points, and I'm always happy from that point of view, 3 points picked up while playing crap is always better than 3 points lost through playing crap.

I think Zaliukas' two most noticeable errors were both in the first half, and were both almost identical, attempted passes to the left back area that were intercepted, although not punished. Webster made one misjudgement in the second half with a ball that was pumped in towards the edge of the penalty area. He seemed uncertain as to whether he should go for it with his head before it bounced, didn't and when it hit the ground it shot over him and let an Inverness player in.

Both of them mistimed a couple of headers in the 2nd half, but I think that was very much down to the part the wind played. Even Ryan McGowan, who got man of the match, got caught out in the 2nd half. A very innocent looking clearance by the Kilmarnock right back looked as if it was heading directly for him, but it hit the surface a couple of yards in front of him and appeared to change direction quite suddenly leaving him looking a bit stupid in reality.

All I said yesterday was that no player on either side looked comfortable with the ball at their feet, and I stick by that, it was a dire game to watch, even taking the weather into account, but as I said above I can accept dire where you get three points, dire and losing pisses me off big style (but I would think that is reasonably typical of most fans).

Zaliukas made 2 huge errors that could have cost us two goals.

After those he was quite wary and just cleared his lines or put it out when under pressure.

Webster certainly did not carry him through the game.

Webster could have easily given away 2 penalties and was very slack at at times.

That being said, they both showed some instances of good solid defending and kept their calm despite mistakes.

The weather will have played a huge factor in their performances more than the rest of the team due to the amount of high balls towards them.

Great post,wish we could get more posts like this,accurate,and no over reaction.

ToadKiller Dog

We are far stronger with both in the side , Zal is a risk taker type of player and will make mistakes because of that ,i also dont think his concentration is always 100 % but his good play more often balances out more than the errors , there is no doubt that the stats would show we perform better with him in the side .

Webster by his nature is less of a risk taker , i think both more often than not work well together .

We will be a worse side if one has to go in the new year , would keep both together until summer if affordable .

Archived