Today's match referee

Johanes de Silentio

Hopefully today finally puts to bed the age old myth that ''Craig Thomson is the best ref in the league.''

Said it from day one, absolute joker of a referee.

Notorious BIG

Fact is hees a good ref, Too many paranoid people on this forum, i agree the booking for eggy was a joke, was all down to him getting in the way of play and the ball rebounding off him, no booking, and skacels booking was a joke, didnt have the best of games, but is a good ref, may i remind u people of IAN BRINES?? :blink:

Johanes de Silentio

Fact is hees a good ref, Too many paranoid people on this forum, i agree the booking for eggy was a joke, was all down to him getting in the way of play and the ball rebounding off him, no booking, and skacels booking was a joke, didnt have the best of games, but is a good ref, may i remind u people of IAN BRINES?? :blink:

Mate, Craig Thomson was SHOCKING today.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A ref who went out today determined to be noticed.

It was a very easy game to ref as well but he just had to interrupt the flow of the game time after time.

Notorious BIG

Mate, Craig Thomson was SHOCKING today.

Not saying he was good today, had a poor game, but the best refs do, just saying in general hees a good ref

Johanes de Silentio

Not saying he was good today, had a poor game, but the best refs do, just saying in general hees a good ref

I'll take your word for it.

Special shout out to the wee bald fud linesman who was on the mainstand side, every time I see him coming out the tunnel I cringe. We've had him a few times this season and each time he has been honking! Anyone know his name?

He's probably the "best" ref in the league, though.

Pretty crap today mind you.

Its sad when he's the best ref in the league.

He never let the game flow today. As for the oompah loompah running the line on the standside.....

Jambof3tornado

The elbow Temps took in the box he was looking at ffs :muggy:

More forearm smash than elbow but Temps was fouled and the ref bottled giving a penalty!!!

Fermit the Krog

A game in difficult conditions that didn't need a referee attempting to stop it at every opportunity.

There wasn't one bad tackle during the entire game yet he done more harm than good to the game of football today.

I find it very noticeable that he's at his best in games involving the OF.

Best ref in the league by a country mile. He had rather a poor game today by his own standards. Like players and managers even the better refs sometimes have an off-day.

Johanes de Silentio

Special shout out to the wee bald fud linesman who was on the mainstand side, every time I see him coming out the tunnel I cringe. We've had him a few times this season and each time he has been honking! Anyone know his name?

Is he a midget? Looked tiny from Wheatfield.

Got one offside call from a left-to-right diagonal horrendously wrong. :angry:

way to often these chumps seem to save there ropey performance for games v hearts.

2 unnecessary bookings for us (couldn't give a s h i t about the ict booking tbh)

Hopefully today finally puts to bed the age old myth that ''Craig Thomson is the best ref in the league.''

Said it from day one, absolute joker of a referee.

Apparently not.

John Gilmour

He IS the best referee in Scotland by a mile (not difficult) but he was utterly shite today.

Eggert's booking was an absolute joke and just set the tone for his performance.

Warwick Davis?

did his best the spoil the game today - nae luck! :thumbsup:

The man's a ******* idiot! :lol:

Today proves what`s all wrong with the game. Players can`t tackle now and the yellow for Jonsson was ridiculous. Thomson also made his own bed regards encroaching and it ended up looking petty every time he had to blow for players stealing a yard or two at throws and free kicks.

Really, they`ve set in stone the rules that much there is no room for refs to be themselves and talk to players. The game is fecked.

He IS the best referee in Scotland by a mile (not difficult) but he was utterly shite today.

Eggert's booking was an absolute joke and just set the tone for his performance.

Absolute bollocks (sorry to be so harsh on a Sat night) the boy Calum Murray is the best ref in Scotland hands down he is fair to all even Hibs fans say the same and he is actually a jambo.

Today proves what`s all wrong with the game. Players can`t tackle now and the yellow for Jonsson was ridiculous. Thomson also made his own bed regards encroaching and it ended up looking petty every time he had to blow for players stealing a yard or two at throws and free kicks.

Really, they`ve set in stone the rules that much there is no room for refs to be themselves and talk to players. The game is fecked.

Because Eggert tackles wildly in the second minutte it's ok?

We all scream for consistency, then we want common sense. Sorry, but you can't have both. Common sense means leniency.

He stopped play a bit quick a couple of times, but that was about all he did wrong from my view (N3).

Maybe wheatfielders can give a fair view on the temps decision in the first half, play acting at the end of the day. And what happened after with the drop ball was not good, surprised not to see a thread on it.

john brownlee

We all scream for consistency, then we want common sense. Sorry, but you can't have both. Common sense means leniency.

He stopped play a bit quick a couple of times, but that was about all he did wrong from my view (N3).

Maybe wheatfielders can give a fair view on the temps decision in the first half, play acting at the end of the day. And what happened after with the drop ball was not good, surprised not to see a thread on it.

well the Hearts players didn't think so, correct to play them at their own game, It was a foul anywhere else on the park why not in the box thomson had more than just few moments to make it even its self out. Oh? fleck I was going to list his (thompson) mistakes and down right bais towards Hearts but I haven't the time or the inculation the mans a toub

It was a good game and a well desearved win dispite the oofishiles

Diadora Van Basten

Agreed :spongebob3:

Eggy's booking was horrendous, from where I was sitting I wasn't entirely convinced it was a free kick never mind a booking. Shortly after when Caley won the ball and Rudi tried to dodge an off the ball player only to clatter into him, Thomson didn't play advantage (don't think he did at all all game) and then that was followed a couple of minutes later by Caley being awarded a throw when in my opinion it seemed as though the Caley player touched it last. The penalty shout was a dull one, as was Rudi's yellow. Refusing to book a Caley player after persistent bad fouling. Then on the other side of the coin he gave a few dodgy decisions against Caley (Not that I'm complaining). Wasn't really paying attention at the time but a few guys behind me said Rudi was offside on the first goal, I remember one in the first half when we were given a free kick for a reason unknown and then also did they not have their own penalty shout?

I know we were looking for conscistency from officials but we didn't mean consistently shite.

Johanes de Silentio

I remember one in the first half when we were given a free kick for a reason unknown and then also did they not have their own penalty shout?

Sutton quite clearly handled the ball, and Thomson gave us a free kick! :lol:

Cappuccino Kid

I would love to see him apply his standards today in an old firm game. Yet another shocker of a performance for a merge 1K a week.

Walter Bishop

I sit in the Wheatfield almost level with the 18 yard line and Temps was elbowed/forearmed in the face not play acting. The drop ball was up for contest, we had possesion so why would we give it back to their keeper? If anything they should have offered to give it back to us they decided not too so Stevo rightly played on.

Dreadful performance, along with Stand side linesman.

Butcher had made it hard for them with all his moans last weekend about Caley's raw deal from refs about wrong red cards against, no penalties for etc. - funny how media /SFA think this is fine . Then Butcher smartly about turns after Thursday's red cad reprieve and says how wonderful they all are.

Thomson (not a particularly anti_HMFC ref except v rangers) came on the park to make sure Caley got a good deal.

Refs in Scotland are either one of two things - incompetent or biased.

One thing as bad as the other. Dougie McDonald has to be my least favourite ref of all time and so glad he made the unforgivable mistake of shafting one half of the OF. A fitting end for a Hibby plum.

There is no room for interpretation from our refs because the guys running our game don't have a badwordng clue themselves.

It's a physical game. If a player gets a good part of the ball in a one footed tackle, it's not a foul let alone a booking/sending off. This is one of my major bug bears about them. Stinks of guys who went into reffing cause they couldn't get a game for the worst of teams.

And for christ sake, put your ego aside. We want 90 mins of football, not a good percentage watching a ref sideshow. The best ref displays are the ones you never notice them ala most of our recent Euro outings.

In short, Scotland doesn't have a good ref in my opinion and hasn't since Dallas.

Wildly? Get a grip.....Its exactly my point, the game is gone, the rules have changed for the worst and it will only get worse as new generations of players are brought up with the current set up....

If we are going by consistency, well, as mentioned, did you see the tackles on Temps? The persistent fouling by the same two or three ICT players and were hardly spoken to?

I don`t mind hard , fair tackling..but sometimes it can be a bit late. That`s the game, thats how it used to be and how it should be.

The next time that guy might go hard in on you...but you get on with it. That art is being lost in the game and i find persistent , niggly fouling more irritating than genuine challenges for the ball....

In the modern game i have agreed with tackling from behind being banned because it was liberty taking when guys rammed through the back of players...but otherwise the game should have been left alone....but that`s "modern" football for you..... :yucky:

The_razors_edge

Anyone moaning about Thompson would do well to remember that cant Alan freeland, without doubt THE worst ref to grace the SPL. Special mention to Kevin toner too. Make today's refs seem like collina.

Archived