4 - Marian Kello

5 - Gilles Rousset

Actually, least favourite 5 are -

1 - Antony Basso

2 - Craig Nelson

3 - Roddy McKenzie

4 - Jamie McDonald

5 - Nicky Walker

That save from Celtic at the start, one of the best I've seen ever. That's a goal if any other keeper was in goal. God bless Niemi!

Remember him on A Question of sport. All the answers had to begin with the letter "H". One of the questions to his team - "Name a football team" - his puss lit up and he said "Hearts" while doing a fist pump. Brilliant.

:pleasing:

Remember him on A Question of sport. All the answers had to begin with the letter "H". One of the questions to his team - "Name a football team" - his puss lit up and he said "Hearts" while doing a fist pump. Brilliant.

is there a vid for that? Never saw that one :(

Yes i've posted that a couple of times in the past. Niemi's a Jambo and has admitted as much. Guid auld Antti!

Moved to England around the same time he signed for Southampton. I had a treble the following season including Southampton to win FA Cup - shame he didn't play in the final or I just might have won ?6500. The bet I had was (cant remember the odds) Porto - Uefa Cup, AC Milan Champions League and Southampton FA Cup. Pity Saints lost to Arsenal in the final :down:

Carl Fredrickson

A fabulous keeper for us who went south and excelled down there too. Wonderful player for us and I am sure most clubs he has played for would have him back.

To think we paid far less than his true value too ?250000 I think, from Rankers and he was the better keeper for them. Thats probably why they have offered shite for our stars ever since.

Actually, least favourite 5 are -

1 - Antony Basso

2 - Craig Nelson

3 - Roddy McKenzie

4 - Jamie McDonald

5 - Nicky Walker

surely Kurskis makes this list :blink:

We had Britains most expensive keeper in Gordon. But was Niemi the first Million pound (what Southampton paid for him) one?

:lol:

Not too many will get that reference I guess!

:lol: I did cos it was the NHL one that came up first in my video search.

We had Britains most expensive keeper in Gordon. But was Niemi the first Million pound (what Southampton paid for him) one?

Not even close. Nigel Martyn was way back in 1989.

Snake Plissken

one of the greatest keepers in my lifetime. Enjoy.

That video has 44,000 views and I think about half of them are me, I sometimes watch just before I play for inspiration (doesn't work much though).

My all-time favourite Hearts player, thank **** he never signed for Celtic back in 2005. I don't think I could have taken that.

Creepy Lurker

The best goalkeeper I've seen at Heart of Midlothian. Gordon commanded a higher fee because of his youth, but if he had the potential to be better than he didn't do it with us (excellent though he was) and hasn't yet done it down South.

We've been pretty lucky with goalkeepers in my time, really.

Not even close. Nigel Martyn was way back in 1989.

I stand corrected Chester, cheers - wishfull thinking I guess :ninja:

Archived