Hearts 3 Celtic

Marvin

Aye, great memories :thumbsup:

Henry's save @ 2:40 was one of his best ever.

Remember the polisman at our aisle (Celtic fan) joking with us after 0-1 (big mistake). At 3-1 the place went mental and he ended up with about 4 jubilant Jambos landing on top of him. To be fair he took it in good spirits, unlike the attitude of the present day copper <_<

There are very few things in life I enjoy more than seeing Hearts pump Celtic. :thumbsup:

even more so when we come back from 1 down. :)

I was standing behind the goals, on the walkway, when our goals went in.

Went absolutely mental with my mate.

Got to say the goals look offsisde. :rolleyes:

Remember it well. Standing behind the goals and the third one goes in, massive celebrations and jumping all over the place, ended up with a burst lip from flying arms as the celebrations got a bit unruly. It was good to pizz them off again the next game against them at Darkheid, Crabbe and Miller's goals and unlucky not to score more. Crabbe's goal is one that's rarely mentioned, how he managed to get the curl on the ball from such close range to their goalie was amazin!

jack D and coke

Ian Baird won more headers in that video that in the rest of his Hearts career i reckon.

I'd just bought four pies for me and some mates when i arrived back in the shed for the equaliser, all of them ended up on the deck :lol:

Beating Celtic does something to me. I love seeing those tramps fuming. They hate us soooooo much :lol: :lol: :lol:

jack D and coke

Remember it well. Standing behind the goals and the third one goes in, massive celebrations and jumping all over the place, ended up with a burst lip from flying arms as the celebrations got a bit unruly. It was good to pizz them off again the next game against them at Darkheid, Crabbe and Miller's goals and unlucky not to score more. Crabbe's goal is one that's rarely mentioned, how he managed to get the curl on the ball from such close range to their goalie was amazin!

Was at that one too. The perfect angle behind the goal in their old terracing as Crabbo sank it. Peach :thumbsup:

is it just me or was the pitch a lot bigger back then? what were hearts thinking when they put the 3 new stands up to make the pitch so small......

is it just me or was the pitch a lot bigger back then? what were hearts thinking when they put the 3 new stands up to make the pitch so small......

Not sure Tynie was much bigger, the illusion of the three new stands appears to make the pitch look smaller. In fact, the enclosures were actually bigger then, more seats but they've been trimmed back a good few rows to meet UEFA compliance.

Not sure Tynie was much bigger, the illusion of the three new stands appears to make the pitch look smaller. In fact, the enclosures were actually bigger then, more seats but they've been trimmed back a good few rows to meet UEFA compliance.

And to accommodate the wheatfield stand, Tynecastle was a far bigger playing surface back then.

One of my favourite games from that era. A number of very good players on both sides - kind of depressing how far scottish football has fallen in terms of quality.

You just knew that even at 1-0 down that team had the belief to think they could come back and win the game a trait that sadly seems to be missing nowadays.

We had a reasonable team back then but never, as usual, did anything with it. '98 and '06 still amaze (and astound) me

Henry`s save turned the game, best save i have ever seen at Tynecastle.

Henry definately gave the team and the crowd a huge lift , the Crabbe ,Millar game was tremendous as well. Never tire of beating Celtic. Hope it happens this season.

stirlingshirejambo

great memories. henry henry at his best. Brilliant run by slim and ball hitting back of net in front of packed Tynie terracing. Memories memories

Poor show from Hearts, Henry should have held it and Robbo missed a sitter lol This was a year when goals came from all angles, doesn't seem like 20 years ago!

Isn't it great seeing the real Tynecastle!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Henry definately gave the team and the crowd a huge lift , the Crabbe ,Millar game was tremendous as well. Never tire of beating Celtic. Hope it happens this season.

Again, you mean.

scott herbertson

It was also a time when our centre halves were excellent and carried a big goal threat - oh for a centre half pairring like Levein and Big Davie now !

Crabbe and robbo were my heroes when I was young, I remember this game and the singing coming out the stadium after.

I bumped into Scott Crabbe a few years ago when he was with livi and said to him that I had fond memories of him scoring goals and running to the shed kissing the badge

He said ' the only badge I would ever f*ckin kiss'

I was gutted when hearts sold him to United. Was it a European game where he stayed on the park and throw his top into the shed? I think it was his last game for us, maybe against Slavia Prague or standard liege? He tears in his eyes leaving the pitch

Top hearts man

Fermit the Krog

The two best saves I have ever seen from a Hearts goalkeeper were made by Antti Niemi at Parkhead and Henry Smith in this game.

Incredible.

Edited to add Niemis save if anyone is interested...25 seconds in....

Fantastic. I Was in Bradford that weekend. We stopped off at West Auckland on the way home to watch the Famous on Scotsport. Great days.

Another great memory!

Watching it, I was back there, jumping up and down like a lunatic, holding onto the the right leg of my glasses, left hand punching the air!!!!

I remember the one time my specs got catapulted into the air, when we scored against Rangers in win in a league game in 85-86, the weekend after we played a "weakened" team against them in the LC and lost. Brilliant leap to grasp them before they hit the ground! Drew applause from some of the boys around us even in the midst of our celebrations!

It was also a time when our centre halves were excellent and carried a big goal threat - oh for a centre half pairring like Levein and Big Davie now !

Excellent defence partnership, just like that of Ritchie and Weir 7 years later :thumbsup:

Now we have Zal and Webster :unsure:

Fermit the Krog

Now we have Zal and Webster :unsure:

Not sure of your point.

We have a solid centre half pairing in the 2 players you mention.

Just as we did with weir and ritchie and with big heehaw and levein.

I know things are a bit grim for some just now but the habit to continually talk down zal and webster despite facts proving them to be among the best in the league is tiresome.

Not sure of your point.

My point is Zal/Webby partnership is nowhere near as good as prefvious defence patnerships when the former gets sent off every other game and the latter, well nuff said.

Fermit the Krog

My point is Zal/Webby partnership is nowhere near as good as prefvious defence patnerships when the former gets sent off every other game and the latter, well nuff said.

:unsure:

scott herbertson

Not sure of your point.

We have a solid centre half pairing in the 2 players you mention.

Just as we did with weir and ritchie and with big heehaw and levein.

I know things are a bit grim for some just now but the habit to continually talk down zal and webster despite facts proving them to be among the best in the league is tiresome.

I don't think they are bad at all - in particular I thin kwebster if a little off his best pace, is still one of the best in the SPL. My real point was the goal threat McPherson and Levein presented, and their willingness to carry the play forward out of defence. Zal used to do that occasionally but I htink has been stopped. Personally I would rather he still had that as an option.

Archived