Player's autographs

i8hibsh

Do we still get excited about getting players autographs?

When I was a laddie, I had a Hearts book filled with the Walter Kidd?s, John Robertson?s etc. I used to queue up during games for them.

Are wee ladies still like this? Are you still like this?

Personally the only time I?d ever want to see any of their signatures is on their letter of resignation.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

When I was a laddie, I had a Hearts book filled with the Walter Kidd?s, John Robertson?s etc. I used to queue up during games for them.

Personally the only time I?d ever want to see any of their signatures is on their letter of resignation.

How did that work then?

If I bumped into a player in the street I might ask for a photo but I wouldn't ask for an autograph, I don't really see the point.

Prince Buaben

If I bumped into a player in the street I might ask for a photo but I wouldn't ask for an autograph, I don't really see the point.

Think thats how it works now anyway. Rather than an autograph pictures with the players.

How did that work then?

I meant queue up by the tunnel before and after games as I?m sure you well worked out.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I meant queue up by the tunnel before and after games as I?m sure you well worked out.

Ah, I see. So by "during", you meant "before and after." :lol:

I can't say I've ever done that, I got Levein's and Robbo's when they were refereeing charity games local to me (years ago) but I don't think it's something I would do now.

So when you were young were you a wee laddie or wee lady. :o

I've only ever approached one Hearts player for an autograph and that was Gary Locke at a Livingston game many years back. He passed my programme to the guy next to me who signed it too. Turned out it was Lee Makel.

Have had lots through signed tops / footballs bought at auctions etc.

Not ashamed to admit i approached Ronaldo (the original, Brazilian) in Amnesia in Ibiza three years back for an autograph. Originally didn't look like happening as his security were none too pleased but he asked them to step aside and he signed my ticket. I was starstruck!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I have the Hearts calendar from 1999 and a big squad photo from the same year signed by all of the squad. My Grandad went down and got them all to sign it when the players used to train at Musselburgh Sports Centre during the week and gave me it for my birthday. Never seeked out a players autograph though. Didn't even see the fuss when I was wee.

Only got the one persons autograph,it's on a Heart of Midlothian football with the name... John Robertson...27.and two bottles of the 98 cup final brew,one the maroon label the other the gold label after we'd won the cup.

I once had a safeway apron and the week up to my dismissal I got Neil McCanns, Jim Leishmans, Gary Mackays and a few others to sign my apron much to the annoyance of my bosses at that time. I ended up giving it to a charity raffle. Wonder if someone still has it? There were about a dozen signatures mostly Hearts players as well as some others including a couple of Hibs players.

Son Of Anarchy

I've got two bottles of cup final beer from 98, signed by Robbo, still has the beer in them, is this wrong?

Obviously a highly intelligent thing to have as I too have the very same thing :thumbsup:

My wee boy goes to most of the signing sessions and plays the whole thing an awful lot cooler than me.

Pushing my shy laddie in front of Rudi and repeating "get Rudi, get Rudi" as Gary Locke looked on with a :what: expression on his coupon.

:facepalm:

My mum worked with Robbo's sister in law and she gave my autograph book to him so he could pass it around the team, circa 96. Got Hans Eskilson's autograph :rolleyes:

i'm 14 [on dad's account]and have always got players autographs and/or a photo when i meet them.Even got on the pitch a few years ago to get Craig Gordon's top which he signed at riccarton a few weeks later. :P:rolleyes:

In a word,no.

i'm 14 [on dad's account]and have always got players autographs and/or a photo when i meet them.Even got on the pitch a few years ago to get Craig Gordon's top which he signed at riccarton a few weeks later. :P:rolleyes:

Good for you! :bravo:

When they were signing the calendars last year, the Wee Fella got photo's with everybody a part from Kevin Kyle and Arvy.

He had to take my photo with them :Vlad-Stupid: :vrface:

Do you ever have something positive to say about Hearts?

Seriously, EVER?????

I got Jim Mclean's autograph at the 1st Tennents Sixes at Ingliston. Everyone was too scared to go and ask him and were just standing staring at him. Some wee dick then pushed me forward and I ended up right in fron of him. I have never ever talked with a stutter, apart from this occasion. Turns out he was a really nice guy and only too happy to sign autographs.

I remember when I was young in the old North Enclosure and standing next to the tunnel, used to get my match day programme signed by as many players a possible.:thumbsup:

...a bit disco

I only ever got one Hearts players autograph

:sob:

Jim Cruickshank.

:greggy:.

Me and the laddie went to the back of the stand a couple of times last season However this is the entrance used by players without cars and we only managed to get gary glen and c elliot. We managed most of the the first team at a bounce game at east fife.The back of the stand used to be great in the 80's got Robbo, Gary mackay, Wallace Mercer and a few others to sign the pictorial history book,another time got cammy fraser and davie cooper to sign a prog. Met willie johnston on the edinburgh train when he played for hearts and he signed a fag packet which got thrown away by mistake down.gifAlso a beer mat with henry smith on one side and andy goram from a charity cricket match. Also a signed picture from 1984 by most of first team which i got from a boy in my class at school (his cousin was cowdenbeath's goalie and knew Levein well), I think i had to pay ?1.50 for it

The Great Khali

Got Paul Gasgoines autograph in Chiquitos when it was at the fort. Alan Mclarens in the same restaraunt (not same night) Andy drivers in cav.

The best though is without doubt takin a whizz next to David Obua in the Bucloo pub in Dalkeith. Asked him during said toilet time. Signed a paper-towel for me! I was pretty drunk at the time I must say.

got Robbo and Rudi at a signing session, Brellier at Tynecastle, Andy Kirk at the Lyceum and Ibrahim Tall... i didn't ask for that one :ermm:

Got Neil McCanns top after we played Rangers on last game of the season (1996?) and got Jean Pierre Papins autograph on a receipt for a Suggs single at Ourprice on Princes Street the season Bayern played Raith at Easter Road.

Simpler times....................

used to go round the back of the stand in old days after the game, managed to get ernie winchester to sign the match programme, treasured it ever since :whistling:

Good timing this thread, tomorrow I'm taking last seasons Hearts strip (the one with the white body, was good for something) to the picture framers.

Getting it framed for the lad for Christmas, has all the current squad autographs on it courtesy of a player who gets some grief on here, his daughter goes to same school as mine which in a weird way has made her want to go to games and watch on tv and in turn making her a Jambo (not that she had much choice).

Will look good on his wall :thumbsup:

I got a rangers player's autograph once.

He signed it Bob Malcolm FTP <_<

Didn't realise he had letters after his name!

Ok, this never happened with me, but the story always makes me laugh.

by doing the survey on matchday programs on the spl website I just won a signed Hearts ball was quite chuffed when it came through the door as I've no had any autographs for years or won anything for years for that matter lol

I got Rudi's when he was up the Castle to meet his girlfriend. Got it twice as my workmate Roddy wanted it too. He was really nice to talk to even though his English did not seem that great. Better than my Czech though to be fair. First autograph im yrs though as I used to get all my autographs from Walter Kidd as my Mum worked with his Mum @ the coal board. Happy days.

used to chap the door of the main stand and ask to ballboy reserve games. got quite a few players who were out of favour/on the way back from injury/shite from the mid nineties. Lost interest once i hit my teens though. was a really great thing to have at the time, couldn't care less now.

Son Of Anarchy

i've got: rudi's top from partick game in 2006 cup run

5 euro note signed by Gary McKay in Braga

signed picture of Robbo

:smugger:

I hope Gary signed his name correctly on the note for you? :whistling:

Archived