Potential call-off?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15873222

High winds could be a problem for the match on Saturday. Also does anyone know if ICT travel down on the day of the game or the night before? Forth Bridge might be a problem I'd imagine. :huh:

It's been so long since the last home game, I will be really disappointed if this is called off.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think it'll be ok, RFC....

Hope so, missing three matches (possibly four if there are any delays) over Christmas when I go on honeymoon and with it being about a month since the last home game I am not getting a big enough fix this season.

70mph winds in Northern Britain... Hope they meant Northern Scotland. <_<

the potential for games to be called off is yet another reason why it's unbelievably stupid for clubs to be left without a home match for 4 weeks. if the extremely bad weather had hit right now as it did at exactly this time last year, there would have been the possibility of us being faced with a gap of about 6 or 7 weeks between home games. suicidal fixture planning. but what else would you expect in a circus act game?

Everything will be fine then. High-siders getting across?

Far as I know. Be more worried about the roof blowing of the old stand tbh ::troll:::'>

I know that ICT have previously stayed at Airth Castle Hotel the night before games in the central belt. They'll probably travel down after training today and head along the M9 a couple of hours before kick off. Unless something serious happens the game will be on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15873222

High winds could be a problem for the match on Saturday. Also does anyone know if ICT travel down on the day of the game or the night before? Forth Bridge might be a problem I'd imagine. :huh:

It's been so long since the last home game, I will be really disappointed if this is called off.

Nucky Thompson

I've never heard of a game being called off because of high winds over 100 miles away before, in fact it's laughable :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've never heard of a game being called off because of high winds over 100 miles away before, in fact it's laughable :lol:

Glad it amused you, fair enough, doubtfull it will be called off then. It was just a question really, had it not involved a team traveling from the highlands and presumably over the bridge I wouldn't even have mentioned it.

100 miles away??. I live 2 miles from tynie and the wind and rain are atrocious. Not that the wind should have much bearing on it goin ahead unless there are safety issues with the ground. But 100 miles away? I think not

Glad it amused you, fair enough, doubtfull it will be called off then. It was just a question really, had it not involved a team traveling from the highlands and presumably over the bridge I wouldn't even have mentioned it.

:girl_hug:

it won't be off, but it's likelt to be even worse as a spectacle than it would have been. high winds are the worst weather to play football in.

if it came to it they could take the 'long' way round and cut out the Forth crossing

it won't be off, but it's likelt to be even worse as a spectacle than it would have been. high winds are the worst weather to play football in.

Nonsense.

With our slick passing and pretty "on the deck" football, we will excel in these conditions.

::troll:::'>

Not when you play our passing game with the cultured midfield that our 'sporting lisbon' ex-manager insists on playing. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Nucky Thompson

I'm not laughing at you, it's just the thought of it being called off. As someone else posted they would just have to take the long way round if the Forth bridge gets closed to high sided vehicles, it happens all the time.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm not laughing at you, it's just the thought of it being called off. As someone else posted they would just have to take the long way round if the Forth bridge gets closed to high sided vehicles, it happens all the time.

The more replies the thread gets, the stupider the question appears to be fair! :D

Never seemed such a daft thing to ask at the time... Ah well.

The more replies the thread gets, the stupider the question appears to be fair! :D

Never seemed such a daft thing to ask at the time... Ah well.

If a few tiles come loose on the old stand, you might not be far wrong!

Apart from that, stupid questions are not you're personal burden. We all share that one!

And, congratulations on your impending nuptials young fella!!!

Fermit the Krog

I'd never heard of a game being called off because of a lorry being on fire on the M8.

Nucky Thompson

I'd never heard of a game being called off because of a lorry being on fire on the M8.

Ah true enough mate :lol:

100 miles away??. I live 2 miles from tynie and the wind and rain are atrocious. Not that the wind should have much bearing on it goin ahead unless there are safety issues with the ground. But 100 miles away? I think not

Driving conditions also need to be considered.

Anyway, wind kills games more than rain and perhaps more games should be called off because of it.

Not sure why the OP is being mocked so much. It is a very valid point.

The winds are supposed to be gale force, around 75 MPH in the Lothian's tomorrow by 1pm, so there is every likelihood the game will be off.

The winds are supposed to be gale force, around 75 MPH in the Lothian's tomorrow by 1pm, so there is every likelihood the game will be off.

Anyone who has been uo to the training facilities at Riccarton should know that we should be world beaters when it comes to playing in windy conditions. Always blowing a gale there.

Seymour M Hersh

Down to 40mph

That's more to do with the prep work for the roads leading to the new bridge than the wind. It's affecting the M90 for miles up to the Bridge in Fife.

Nucky Thompson

No chance unless the main stands blows down

The game will be on, the weather's not forecast to be anything like bad enough in Edinburgh for it to be called off.

Tomorrow afternoon at 15:00 the wind is forecast to be 25mph, gusting to 45mph, as per BBC 24hr Weather. Maybe not particularly nice to be out in, but nothing drastic.

CavySlaveJambo

It depends on Whether it will prevent the pitch getting waterlogged as It's been nastily wet almost all day here including hail

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If a few tiles come loose on the old stand, you might not be far wrong!

Apart from that, stupid questions are not you're personal burden. We all share that one!

And, congratulations on your impending nuptials young fella!!!

Got married in July mate. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

Honeymoon is a bit of a life's ambition and will be four weeks long to enjoy properly, so had to wait until we both had enough annual leave to do it right. B)

Hope so, missing three matches (possibly four if there are any delays) over Christmas when I go on honeymoon and with it being about a month since the last home game I am not getting a big enough fix this season.

70mph winds in Northern Britain... Hope they meant Northern Scotland. <_<

Is the saying not Bros before hoes ( no offence to your good lady ;) ) and Hearts before emmm anything :) although if youve timed this purposely to miss the games against dunfermline/celtic and motherwell so your back for Hubs on the 2nd then it is entirely acceptable :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is the saying not Bros before hoes ( no offence to your good lady ;) ) and Hearts before emmm anything :) although if youve timed this purposely to miss the games against dunfermline/celtic and motherwell so your back for Hubs on the 2nd then it is entirely acceptable :)

:lol:

Was booked before I saw the fixtures! However my seat will be filled with friends or family in my absence and Hearts will have my money to boot. :thumbsup:

Archived