A really depressing financial climate...

Martin_T

...or so it feels like. Most of the news stories on the BBC are about cuts, job losses and bankruptcies. In this climate it is really difficult to see how even a willing seller can dispose of something he is desperate to get rid of. In other words, it's difficult to see where a buyer for Hearts will emerge from or on the flip side, how Romanov can ever hope to recover anything more than a fraction of the debt owed to him by HMFC, even in liquidation.

That said, as someone who works in alternative investments for ultra high net worth clients, there are still plenty of people with serious amounts of money out there, not sure how many grew up wearing a maroon scarf though...I really hope that I am proved wrong, but in the absence of any confirmed interest, it is difficult to see HMFC changing hands anytime soon. Still, we live in hope....

Charlie-Brown

Martin there are 2 sets of people that have an interest and have done some preliminary work towards making a bid for HMFC. One group I suspect will probably be well known to many with the other being known to some. Probably we can expect something more along the lines of the Robinson/Deans takeover from Mercer than the Romanov takeover though.......I would guess. :whistling:

Martin there are 2 sets of people that have an interest and have done some preliminary work towards making a bid for HMFC. One group I suspect will probably be well known to many with the other being known to some. Probably we can expect something more along the lines of the Robinson/Deans takeover from Mercer than the Romanov takeover though.......I would guess. :whistling:

I really hope this is true Charlie. I don't want another Romanov takeover, I want our club to be run sensibly so that it still around for the long term. It's just ever so slightly frustrating that we are at the mercy of someone as erratic as VR, who let's face it, is almost impossible to predict.

I really hope this is true Charlie. I don't want another Romanov takeover, I want our club to be run sensibly so that it still around for the long term. It's just ever so slightly frustrating that we are at the mercy of someone as erratic as VR, who let's face it, is almost impossible to predict.

its hard to predict an insane mans next move, an insane man with moneys next move no one knows especially when he is on the verge of loosing a fortune.

think hit-er in the bunker.Mind set :whistling:

John Gentleman

...or so it feels like. Most of the news stories on the BBC are about cuts, job losses and bankruptcies. In this climate it is really difficult to see how even a willing seller can dispose of something he is desperate to get rid of. In other words, it's difficult to see where a buyer for Hearts will emerge from or on the flip side, how Romanov can ever hope to recover anything more than a fraction of the debt owed to him by HMFC, even in liquidation.

That said, as someone who works in alternative investments for ultra high net worth clients, there are still plenty of people with serious amounts of money out there, not sure how many grew up wearing a maroon scarf though...I really hope that I am proved wrong, but in the absence of any confirmed interest, it is difficult to see HMFC changing hands anytime soon. Still, we live in hope....

I'm being nosey, but what are 'alternative' investments?

john brownlee

fire pan frying into

rearrange the famous saying

or be careful for what you wish for

you are actually not going to get anything better than we already have, but of course if you read the rags rather than see with your own eyes then you will only see doom and gloom.

In all the years I've been following Hearts this is indeed the best era. lot more community work, lot more corprate work a lot more family stuff , lot better facilities, lot better quality of players( thou some may disagree on that one) better youth policy. better at attracting players to Hearts. and many more.

As I asked on a previous post who are these new guys and will they owe themselves the dept or buy outright but then are Heart of Midlothian still in debt to the new owners. will they carry on the debt when they deside to sell or write it of ---Whats a visious circle and don't say a ###### with teeth

Charlie-Brown

Hedge funds and private equity.

If you place small bets (er investments) on all the really bad things happening with economies, shares, bonds, currencies and interest rates then you will probably be right. Thereafter you could probably buy Hearts yourself Martin.

Archived