The Perfect Storm

Dr. Bapswent

Romanov and his usual antics.

HMFC up for sale.

Potential for an ex-Hearts legend to take over the reigns at Hibs.

Rumours of a firesale in January.

Im just imagining the stratosphpercis implosion of jizz juiced flavoured venomous bile that the usual seethemerchants and drama queens would be able to spout about Csaba Sergio, Mad Vlad and the demise of the 'famous' maroon jersey.

They must be excited like its Christmas time!

Its all rather exciting.

excited.jpg

By acknowledging that all those ingredients make for a 'perfect storm' - you're essentially venting your own viewpoint but passing the buck on to those who are more dramatic.

I'd suggest that if you think that lot accumulates in to the 'perfect storm', then perhaps youre not so different from the seethers and drama queens.

Of course folk are gonna get hot and bothered about stuff like this - that much is hardly a revelation is it.

Charlie-Brown

I wonder how Kickback would've dealt with season 1980/81, had it been around.

The server would never have coped with 1981-82 season BB defeats to East Stirling, Queens Park, Forfar (twice), Dumbarton at home losing 2-5 to scupper our promotion chances. Tony Ford, SFL transfer embargo's etc etc.

The server would never have coped with 1981-82 season BB defeats to East Stirling, Queens Park, Forfar (twice), Dumbarton at home losing 2-5 to scupper our promotion chances. Tony Ford, SFL transfer embargo's etc etc.

My first and second Hearts matches attended were in 81/82. We won both, so the memories are all good for me.

Hearts v Ayr United 1982

Hearts v East Stirlingshire 1982

yabadabadoo1874again

My first and second Hearts matches attended were in 81/82. We won both, so the memories are all good for me.

Hearts v Ayr United 1982

I still have programmes from some of those games....3,500 odd for some games at tynecastle....yikes...amazed that some would never contemplate that it could happen again...!!!. but great memories...and the rise of Robbo : )

Hearts v East Stirlingshire 1982

...a bit disco

The only match I ever left before the final whistle when they went 2-4 up.

Guess The Crowd

The only match I ever left before the final whistle when they went 2-4 up.

I was there too.

Almost deserves a thread of its own, that game. From memory, Hearts were 2-1 up, Peter Marinello hit the post, they ran up the park and equalised, and the rest, as they say........ :down:

J Cheever Loophole

Everyone square going in the toilets at the back of the Shed.

Seriously though the difference from then and now, is our expectations have gone through the roof nowadays,especially since '98.

Ah, those were the days, when men were men and fans were fans!!!

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Ah, those were the days, when men were men and fans were fans!!!

If they were all folk like you and some of the other 40+ brigade on here it would have been gash as ****. I can barely manage getting through a match without resorting to self-harm because of some dinosaur with an agenda against the referee/the manager/members of the first team being in my vague area, never mind being surrounded by goons like him.

Thank **** there's a new generation of fans.

pettigrewsstylist

BB , i was just thinking that the other day but wasnt going to start new thread, took the words right out my mouth, after the euphoria of beating Airdire less than a yr earlier on that great night in the shed!! i found myself watching us go down 0-4 to Dundee utd at home in early spring i think and relegation was certainty, we were penniless, tynie was falling apart round our ears and we had a team worth next to nothing that was 1st division standard.

I was tryng to cheer myself up with this thought the other day and realised there will always be a maroon horde in Edinburgh in one form or another.

The journey i think will take some time , as did the early 80,s ( memories of the legend that was WM trying to calm us down as murderwell denied us promotion on last day of 81-82 season and L&B finest got a guided tour of the shed)

but we came through and great great times were ahead of us , it was only a few weeks ago i was falling around the Budapest tube trying to find my way to a town i couldnt pronounce sober never mind the state i was in :0)

We will survive , but lets belt up and prepare ourselves mentally for a bumpy rid is the way im looking at it.

Colonel Kurtz

If they were all folk like you and some of the other 40+ brigade on here it would have been gash as ****. I can barely manage getting through a match without resorting to self-harm because of some dinosaur with an agenda against the referee/the manager/members of the first team being in my vague area, never mind being surrounded by goons like him.

aye, sallow faced MTV generation with the attention span of a gnat,and the retention level of a doorstep.

They would sit on their hands if someone pissed them of at a match,and rush home to post comments.

It says it all that your generation would contemplate self harm rather than skelping the boy annoying you.

The Mighty Thor

:lol:

Aye thank feck for the Romanov generation of fans :lol:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

aye, sallow faced MTV generation with the attention span of a gnat,and the retention level of a doorstep.

They would sit on their hands if someone pissed them of at a match,and rush home to post comments.

It says it all that your generation would contemplate self harm rather than skelping the boy annoying you.

Ah, the golden days of violently assaulting someone for getting on your nerves. Great times!

Stop it, you're making me feel ill. That 2-5 game was possibly the most disappointing result ever in a lifetime of disappointing results.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

I'd much rather the new lot coming through to kick our support forward and out the doldrums get their kicks from MTV and the internet as opposed to from screaming themselves into premature heart attacks because of referees and the occasional spot of spouse-bashing, wouldn't you? No, clearly you wouldn't.

As for the last bit - do me a favour love. There are threads every month on here about our youth element and I don't ever see or hear of any silver haired/bald knights jumping in to usher back the status quo of silence pierced with the shrill screams at the linesman/Obua. The older lot lost their influence years ago. You're all basically irrelevant in terms of the future of our support.

I'm off to watch MTV.

:verysmug:

Archived