Proof that Vlad is no longer interested?

colinzeal

From todays Scotsman:

Romanov, who once paid to ensure he could watch Hearts matches live on Lithuanian TV when he was unable to come to Scotland for their games, went on to say he no longer even looked out for their results. ?I don?t even travel and I don?t know when they last played, whether it was yesterday or Saturday,? he said. ?And I don?t know how they played. It is the same for my other sports clubs. Every time they just ask for money, and every time I promise not to give more, then they promise to make it themselves.?

May have been misquoted but if not it doesn't sound great.

Whole article:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/doubts_grow_over_sale_prospects_as_hearts_valued_at_50m_by_romanov_1_1979744

Can you not edit topic titles if you posted it?

Obviously I would like to get rid of the "i" I put in longer.

I think deep down you know he's still the mane man...

The sad thing is that the Chairman/Interim Chief Executive and the rest of the Board are misleading Uncle Joe, sorry VR, in this way and constantly asking him for more money.

What does he have to do to get a Board who will run the club properly?

Better call Saul

Can you not edit topic titles if you posted it?

Obviously I would like to get rid of the "i" I put in longer.

Would not worry about it we aw make mistakes !

sadly the English Teachers on here will be ripping you a new one soon when its Break time :angry:

As for Vlad ...He truly is MAD

Still yet to see any Journalists or TV pundits do report on "Why Romanov is walking away?".

My suggestion is that after pumping more cash in to the SPL then any other person nothing has changed and he has given up.

I dont blame him... what has changed in the SPL in the last 5 to 6 years? We got rid of the reserve league and started a bit earlier this year.unsure.gif

Not saying the Vlad is without fault... but I would not bother investing in a SPL team until the SFA make some changes.

Jam Tarts 1874

Still yet to see any Journalists or TV pundits do report on "Why Romanov is walking away?".

My suggestion is that after pumping more cash in to the SPL then any other person nothing has changed and he has given up.

I dont blame him... what has changed in the SPL in the last 5 to 6 years? We got rid of the reserve league and started a bit earlier this year.unsure.gif

Not saying the Vlad is without fault... but I would not bother investing in a SPL team until the SFA make some changes.

You are absolutely right. There is no chance whatsover of a British based buyer for Hearts.

A few tips on how to save money:

Don't sack managers with years remaining on their contracts

Don't pay ?4K+ per week on wages for shite players

Don't hang on to saleable players until they have no sell on value (More Gordons - fewer Goncalves)

Don't buy the fastest winger in the Belgian league

Don't spend time and money planning a pie in the sky ?40m stadium redevelopment plan.

In essence, don't spend more each year than you earn.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Don't hang on to saleable players until they have no sell on value (More Gordons - fewer Goncalves)

Don't spend time and money planning a pie in the sky ?40m stadium redevelopment plan.

And dont sack your team manager when being top of the league 5 points clear after playing great entertaing football scoring loads of goals

And don't have 50 players of similar ability in the squad, strangely that results in a large wage bill.

why couldn't he have lost interest 6 weeks earlier? then we'd at least still have Mr Jim and not be lumbered with that muppet Sergio :angry:

Armadale Jambo

I blame chris robinson......still hate to see that fat bar steward cowering behind the board members at the games.

So because Vlad pumps in millions, the SPL should change to suit his whims? Is that not exactly what we hate about the OF?

Vlad has had years to get involved in improving the domestic game but it is easier for him to make snide comments through the media where he knows he does not need to back up his words with actions. Where is his blueprint? His structured thoughts?

It also masks the fact we have gone backwards on the pitch.

"Why is Romanov walking away?" He is walking away because his Hearts experiment has failed, no other reason.

From todays Scotsman:

Romanov, who once paid to ensure he could watch Hearts matches live on Lithuanian TV when he was unable to come to Scotland for their games, went on to say he no longer even looked out for their results. ?I don?t even travel and I don?t know when they last played, whether it was yesterday or Saturday,? he said. ?And I don?t know how they played. It is the same for my other sports clubs. Every time they just ask for money, and every time I promise not to give more, then they promise to make it themselves.?

Whole article:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/doubts_grow_over_sale_prospects_as_hearts_valued_at_50m_by_romanov_1_1979744

Tho it was only 3-4 weeks ago he was having a rant about the referee and individual mistakes he made in our game v killie... Not saying he is still interested, but he knows more about what is going on than the above quote lets on.

So because Vlad pumps in millions, the SPL should change to suit his whims? Is that not exactly what we hate about the OF?

Vlad has had years to get involved in improving the domestic game but it is easier for him to make snide comments through the media where he knows he does not need to back up his words with actions. Where is his blueprint? His structured thoughts?

"Why is Romanov walking away?" He is walking away because his Hearts experiment has failed, no other reason.

I agree that his Hearts experiment has failed but... but why did it fail.

Again,, Vlad is not perfect and has made a number of mistakes which have been talked about in this and other threads.

Again I agree that Vlad has not shown us a 'blueprint', and not been open with 'structured thoughts'. Maybe this is the reason why he failed!

My point is that the SPL is no place to invest until they make it a fair league for all teams. Currently I see more people walking away then investing.

I agree that his Hearts experiment has failed but... but why did it fail.

Again,, Vlad is not perfect and has made a number of mistakes which have been talked about in this and other threads.

Again I agree that Vlad has not shown us a 'blueprint', and not been open with 'structured thoughts'. Maybe this is the reason why he failed!

My point is that the SPL is no place to invest until they make it a fair league for all teams. Currently I see more people walking away then investing.

This is all true, plus why invest millions into hearts to strip the club bare etc, when for around ?2m you can purchase 52% in st mirren, with no debt, an SPL quality of squad and a possibility of selling a few players through time to make some (although small) money.

Hearts today are not an investment for business men, maybe for fans with a few million spare but I dont think there are many kicking about.

Interesting! You could "read" this as being irrefutable proof that Vlad will be not around for much longer. First reasonalbe offer and he's off - imo.

gorgie rd eh11

And Nero fiddled (or kept using the same wee "funny" smileys), FFS.

What should he be doing? Roll about the floor greeting, march along princes st, or maybe start another we're doomed thread.

Oh and :turned::teehee::woot:.

Francis Albert

Yes, any interested buyers put off by his valuation ravings (not that they would be serious if they were) should be encouraged - as maybe intended - by this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Interesting! You could "read" this as being irrefutable proof that Vlad will be not around for much longer. First reasonalbe offer and he's off - imo.

I kind of think the method in his madness here is to try and cause an emotional response in any potential investor by hinting the club is under threat. However, he's cried wolf so often that no one takes him seriously.

I kind of think the method in his madness here is to try and cause an emotional response in any potential investor by hinting the club is under threat. However, he's cried wolf so often that no one takes him seriously.

Yep, that's my thoughts on this as well - he wants out and I think that he'll deal with anyone who comes along with a reasonalbe proposition. I reckon he's got two options here - sell up and lose money on his investment with us - or hang on and watch things get even worse and eventually lose even more. Like you, I think that this latest interview is aimed at whetting possible suitors appetites. That being the case I'm just a bit more optimistic that things might be settled sooner than later.

We certainly agree on that Geoff :thumbsup:

I'm constantly amazed, nothing personal Geoff, that people on here seek to interpret his real meaning or portray him as some arch manipulator of the press, when the truth is I think he just says whatever is on his mind at the time.

Have to agree with you and although I have never really been a great fan of VR a lot of what he tries to say in his own style which often come over as ramblings is true.

The Scottish media particularly the BBC are obsessed with the old firm and equally obsessed with VR bashing at every opportunity.

I watch Sportscene and Rob Maclean invariably can't wipe the smirk off his face when he talks about anything to do with Hearts because they and their cohorts love to put VR down.

Unfortunately he has played into their hands numerous times and instead of trying to investigate what he is alluding to they would rather mock.

This is why Scottish Football will only get worse because the morons who run the game do everything to support the old firm and even those who perhaps come in with different views soon get that knocked out of them otherwise they will be out of a job.

They fail to realise that if the league was not a two horse race most season's then there is a very good chance that the attendances would go up because there would be much more at stake and it would make for much better headlines than another VR rant.

I blame chris robinson......still hate to see that fat bar steward cowering behind the board members at the games.

I don't think that any of our Board members go to the games.

HEARTS FOREVER

From todays Scotsman:

Whole article:

All hail king Vlad!................................

And dont sack your team manager when being top of the league 5 points clear after playing great entertaing football scoring loads of goals

And don't have 50 players of similar ability in the squad, strangely that results in a large wage bill.

Good points, all. But then again, he is a feckin' loony... <_<

What's the mess Mad Vlad created, got to do with Chris Robinson?

And people still think that he meddles with team selection

:vrface:

Stop pointing out irregularities in the hatkicker's anti Vlad agenda. He's to blame for everythingthumbsup.gif

Stop pointing out irregularities in the hatkicker's anti Vlad agenda. He's to blame for everythingthumbsup.gif

I just can't blame Vlad for giving up. I really can't.

He tried - he really did, and he put his money where his mouth was.

His problem is/was that our game is grossly corrupt and Vlad did not let the experts have a say - he is not a footballing expert by any stretch of the imagination.

He just never listened.

jack D and coke

Tho it was only 3-4 weeks ago he was having a rant about the referee and individual mistakes he made in our game v killie... Not saying he is still interested, but he knows more about what is going on than the above quote lets on.

The man couldn't lie straight in his bed. He's bullsh*tted us from day one and he's still slavering. But wait mibbe he's just been a big WUM from day one like loads on here believe.

The man is a bigger arse than ten bums.

Rudolf's Mate

The sad thing is that the Chairman/Interim Chief Executive and the rest of the Board are misleading Uncle Joe, sorry VR, in this way and constantly asking him for more money.

What does he have to do to get a Board who will run the club properly?

Bang on the money! It's nothing to do with Vlad and is all to do with the people running the club.

Let's say for arguements sake this was the case then Vlad is equally guilty for failing to see where things have gone wrong. Lets face facts here, they have run the club completely wrong from day one.

romanov is walking away because he has messed up big time. the man had the resources when he took over hearts to win trophies and he made one bad mistake after another, in fact too many to list. i wouldn't let him control my grandson's primary school team never mind hearts.

I've never been a fan of Vlad. Hearts and Chris Robinson in particular were so intent on getting out of there and just took the first opportunity to sell up. Leslie Deans is no angel in all this either. The questions i've asked ever since i heard he wanted to take control of Hearts is.... why did Dundee Utd turn him down firstly then Dunfermline after? Did Robinson actually do any probing into Romanov, his buisnesses, his fortune or anything else relevant to taking the reigns at a football club, did he get in touch with the chairmen of Utd and Dunfermline to get their reaction to a possible takeover, ask them what he wanted out of Utd and Dunfermline that made them turn the offers down? It seems like Robinson took the first chance to get out and to hell with his so-called "fellow supporters" thoughts.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The story goes that Mr Romanov wants to purchase a Theatre.

He should buy a stake in JKB, there is all the drama he needs right here on a daily basis..............:thumbsup:

He would get away with slavering a load of old pish like everybody else as well.

Mon the Vlad, get the cheque book out !!

What's the mess Mad Vlad created, got to do with Chris Robinson?

just seeing robinson's face in the directors box makes us feel sick and romanov let's him in. if i owned hearts robinson would be barred.

just seeing robinson's face in the directors box makes us feel sick and romanov let's him in. if i owned hearts robinson would be barred.

I understand the above but this is VR we are talking about and he has made a total James Hunt of alot of things so has to take the blame as well.

If he no longer has any interest fair enough his choice but for me his biggest failing was and is not listening to those around him who could have steered a very successful club that would look alot different than it does today with a much lower financial burden.

He didnt listen or wouldnt and thats the problem and it will be that way till he leaves.

Fozzyonthefence

At least he's more interested in the club than Romanov.

Fozzyonthefence

I just can't blame Vlad for giving up. I really can't.

He tried - he really did, and he put his money where his mouth was.

His problem is/was that our game is grossly corrupt and Vlad did not let the experts have a say - he is not a footballing expert by any stretch of the imagination.

He just never listened.

If he put his money where his mouth is how has HMFC ended up ?35m in debt? You mean he borrowed from his bank?

Are you really that deluded that you think he failed because our game is corrupt? Seriously? We're sitting in 6th place in an abysmal league because it is corrupt and not because we have shite players and probably a shite manager too? Do you actually have any evidence of this corruption (if so you should present it to the relevant authorities) and how did this particular corruption affect Romanov's plans for world domination for HMFC, like stopping us winning the league instead of finishing 8th?

If and when the curtain finally comes down will you be saying "move on, nothing to see here, it's just Vlad being a wum"?

Fozzyonthefence

oh dear

Care to expand on that? I was just pointing out a fact (if Robinson does indeed attend games) he is clearly more interested in the fortunes of the team than Romanov who has just said he is not interested.

Everybody loves Baz

Care to expand on that? I was just pointing out a fact (if Robinson does indeed attend games) he is clearly more interested in the fortunes of the team than Romanov who has just said he is not interested.

Don't talk pish !

Any ex Chairmen / Directors are given a seat for life when they leave.

It's some sort of unwritten football code or whatever you want to call it. Source; and Ex Director friend of mine.

That'll be the only reason that fat fcuk will be anywhere near Tynie.

Looks like a few folk are forgetting that Chris Robinson created the conditions in the first place that let someone like Romanov step in and take control. Had Robinson been a more competent owner then we may never have heard of Mr Romanov to begin with.

Don't talk pish !

Any ex Chairmen / Directors are given a seat for life when they leave.

It's some sort of unwritten football code or whatever you want to call it. Source; and Ex Director friend of mine.

That'll be the only reason that fat fcuk will be anywhere near Tynie.

It is ironic though that Chris Robinson benefits from a privilege that he went through various lengths to stop his predecessor, Wallace Mercer, from enjoying.

It is ironic though that Chris Robinson benefits from a privilege that he went through various lengths to stop his predecessor, Wallace Mercer, from enjoying.

Exactly.

Archived