Is Frail Really in Charge of the Team ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Is Stevie Frail really in total charge of the team ?

Team selection , tactics and sustitutions etc

I for one am not convinced

Anybody else think otherwise .

Is Stevie Frail really in total charge of the team ?

Team selection , tactics and sustitutions etc

I for one am not convinced

Anybody else think otherwise .

He says he is.

And therefore he rates Ivaskevicius, Ksnavicius, Beniusis. That should be enough for him to get the sack.

He says he is.

And therefore he rates Ivaskevicius, Ksnavicius, Beniusis. That should be enough for him to get the sack.

Don't forget our very OWN "Dirty Dancer"...Clum, He LOVES this guy!! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if he's in charge, I do Know He should NEVER be in charge from now on!! :evilno:

Judging by the contradictory pesh he spouts after matches, the style of play we watch on Saturdays is all Stevie.

Ryan Gosling

He's probably been told to play Jose as there was a scout watching. Other than that, all him.

Jambof3tornado

I hope he is the one in charge. He has been put into a position which he was neither ready for nor had the knowldge to cope with. But he accepted it,he could have said to Vlad that as a coach he knew fek all about using tactics to change a game so maybe someone could be brought in to help out more,but he didnt,he accpeted the challenge,and while I feel many players have let him down,he has let himself down by talking up must win games only to play with a single striker offering no threat whatsoever(just one of his many tactical mishaps!!)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

My main thought being the failed 4-5-1 system we started the season with

obviously thought out last pre-season with previous head coach including

Anatoly , Alexis-whatsthe rest of his name , Angel and Romanov pre Bednar

bout . It just never worked with these group of players

We then had a go with 4-4-2 however we are now back firmly with a failed

4-5-1

I just think that he has been persuaded to use this system which Rix and

Valdas the Yesmen first introduced however we had Hartley and Ruddi

who could score goals from midfield by supporting the strikers

Csaba's Broon Shoes
I just dont think anyone at Hearts knows much about football.

Agree 100% in a nutshell

end of thread .

Agree 100% in a nutshell

end of thread .

actually, does anyone at tynecasle know ANYTHING about football !

... now end of thread

Frail is picking the team IMO, Romanov will undoubtedly come in with his "suggestions" like play Jose because of the scout that I've invited, Frail will be playing 4-5-1 because we have no strikers scoring goals, why put 2 players in that position that won't do anything in a game?

Frail is picking the team IMO, Romanov will undoubtedly come in with his "suggestions" like play Jose because of the scout that I've invited, Frail will be playing 4-5-1 because we have no strikers scoring goals, why put 2 players in that position that won't do anything in a game?

that sounds about right to me

I think he is now but wont be when he gets the job, as I reckon thats what the situation was with Ivanauskas

Ryan Gosling

I don't think Frail would even have a problem playing Jose over Trigger with the defensive form we're in

As I stated on another thread, in his response to his argument with Nade, he stated that he told Nade that "...we pick the team...".

So, I think he helps with the team.

Nucky Thompson

He wasn't slow to say when he wasn't picking the team:rolleyes: He says he picked the team in interviews when not even prompted.

Drew Busby !

It's a case of Stockholm syndrome. Frail has gone over to the philosophy and attitudes of the captor eh I mean owner.

Jambof3tornado
What I want to know is why is the caretaker manager taking the reserve matches?

He didnt take the reserves,Terry McCann did,Shaggy was in the crowd.:confused:

Have I missed something?

If you are referring to the Nade argument, here is part of the EEN piece.

Frail spoke for the first time about the incident today' date=' revealing that things came to a head in the dressing-room at half-time.

"It was a disagreement between me and Nade and he was told at half-time that we make the decisions, not him," he told the Evening News. "It was a misunderstanding that was dealt with at the interval. We told him in no uncertain terms that he was wrong and he accepted it. He put his hands up.[/quote']

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Nade-gets-a-rollicking-but.3933244.jp

If you are referring to the Nade argument, here is part of the EEN piece.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Nade-gets-a-rollicking-but.3933244.jp

Whatever Frails level of independance from Vlad is I'm sure he will be taking advice from the other members of the coaching staff.

The use of "we" could be seen in a sinister way or it may be purely innocent.

Once again. Must win game. Ivaskevicius starts.
Agreed mate,why Jose,and although Basso played well how was Frail to know he was going to whilst Banks was on the bench.I dont think Frail has ever had sole charge,as i dont think any manager will as long as Vlad's there

J.T.F.Robertson

If true, still one "suggestion" too many and puts us back at "square one". I have grave doubts we've ever actually left there in the first place, though.

Drylaw Hearts

He has definately been influenced.

The below article was from The Scotsman on 26th March :-

Frail warns Goncalves he'll have to bide time for recall

Jose Goncalves has been warned he could be facing a long spell out of the Hearts first team if Lee Wallace continues to impress.

Scotland Under-21 left-back Wallace was handed his chance by caretaker manager Stephen Frail after Goncalves walked out of Tynecastle shortly after being substituted during the Edinburgh club's 4-0 defeat to Rangers last month.

The ill-judged decision by the 22-year-old Portuguese player to leave before the final whistle has cost him his place, with Wallace slotting in at left-back for the subsequent matches away to Inverness and St Mirren, and at home to Falkirk.

"Jose will have to wait for his chance now," said Frail. "Lee has the jersey and has done well enough in the last three games.

"Things can change quickly in football but I have said this season already that if players produce the goods on the park then they will keep their place in the team. Lee had to wait for his opportunity when Jose was in the side and now Jose has to do the same."

3 days later, against Dundee Utd, he was back in the starting line-up with Wallace back on the bench.

Coincidentally this was VR's 1st match in months.

J.T.F.Robertson

3 days later, against Dundee Utd, he was back in the starting line-up with Wallace back on the bench.

I think the timing of the sale of Velicka told us all we need to know about where Hearts' football fortunes stand, on Vlad's priority list. It's one thing to accept the best players will always leave at some point, quite another to have them openly pimped around to all and sundry.

The Real Maroonblood
Have I missed something?

I'm far from convinced Frail has sole charge of team selection etc. The extent he may be restricted I have no idea.

I would suggest it would just be the start, as it was with Valdas, of full blown interference.

Remember people were justifying Websters exclusion at Vlads direction. Now the same people are justifying Jose's inclusion at Vlads direction.

For me its just the start of a very slippery slope. I think Frail is being influenced. Though I also think he is making certain decisions that he knows will please Vlad.

All in all I don't think, despite what some say, have a manager with full automy.

That's it in a nutshell.

I'm convinced that he doesn't have full control over the team selection. Although I believe at first that he had little or no control and received a lot of "opinions" from other people (maybe not Vlad), I think that this has lessened as the games have gone on although there is still some form of other input.

Drylaw Hearts
I think the timing of the sale of Velicka told us all we need to know about where Hearts' football fortunes stand, on Vlad's priority list. It's one thing to accept the best players will always leave at some point, quite another to have them openly pimped around to all and sundry.

I posted back in June/July that the time will come when we are no longer VR's Top Priority.

Selling Velicka when we were battling for a Top 6 spot was not in the best interests of Hearts.

He says he is.

Ivaskevicius: 14 appearances before New year, Only 3 Since (2 as sub, subbed off in the other)

Beniusis: now discarded back to the Baltic Coast.

If he rates those two he must adore Ksnavicius he's had three starts (though only one substitute appearance since February)

Maybe his appraisal is closer to yours than you think

Ivaskevicius: 14 appearances before New year, Only 3 Since (2 as sub, subbed off in the other)

Beniusis: now discarded back to the Baltic Coast.

If he rates those two he must adore Ksnavicius he's had three starts (though only one substitute appearance since February)

Maybe his appraisal is closer to yours than you think

None of those 3 should have had any appearances.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think he has had full control up until Vlad's return. Who'll pick the team for the last 5 games remains to be seen.

He didnt take the reserves,Terry McCann did,Shaggy was in the crowd.:confused:

Frail still did the post match reactions on the website, and has, since he was 'promoted', been regularly taking reserve matches. My point is his total concentration should have been on first team only, if indeed he has sole responsibility, which I seriously doubt.

I think he has had full control up until Vlad's return. Who'll pick the team for the last 5 games remains to be seen.

That could be a good call. Well a bad one really, but you know what I mean. :confused:

Cardiac Rucksack
None of those 3 should have had any appearances.

Squad players getting games whatever next, 1 of who has now been punted. People read in to our selections what ever it is they have to suit whichever agenda they are pushing at the present time on here.

NoseLikeMahe

Spot on from what I've been told... Shaggy WAS in charge of team selection... but the inclusion of Ivaskevicius was a result of Vlad's return.

Cue the next manager being another foreign unknown (not kidding)

Squad players getting games whatever next, 1 of who has now been punted. People read in to our selections what ever it is they have to suit whichever agenda they are pushing at the present time on here.

Yeah but the point is that someone like Ivaskevicius shouldn't even be a squad player, let alone someone allowed to start a match. He contributes absolutely nothing.

Surely we're all pushing the same agenda here - namely to get rid of the amateur nonsense of a 'managerial' setup at the club and replace it with something that's at the very least, conventional. Whether we get that or not is anyone's guess...

Yeah but the point is that someone like Ivaskevicius shouldn't even be a squad player, let alone someone allowed to start a match. He contributes absolutely nothing.

When he came on at right wing v Dundee United (?) he actually looked pretty decent! Maybe he's another one of those players who shows a lot in training but fails to deliver in a match (which I can only assume is Clums excuse too)

Yes. Yes he is.

What's your evidence for thinking otherwise?[/quote

No. 28

You having a laugh?

How many times did he play/start before January and how many times has he played/started since?

He's been a standout for the reserves, we had a few players out, so how is it sinister that he's started against Kilmarnock. IMO, Frail got it wrong by playing him in the middle when he should have had Kingston in the middle and Ivaskevicius out wide.

The Mighty Thor
in his response to his argument with Nade, he stated that he told Nade that "...we pick the team..."

:rofl:

That kills the argument stone dead.

I've said it from the start, when Steven Frail speaks one is almost blined by the glinting of Vlad's sovvy rings.

I think he did have for a while.

I dont think he has now for a couple of games - not full control

I think this is just fairly typical of the way things goes with Vlad and head coaches.

The sad thing is this is supposed to be the era of a head coach in full control of the team yet we have two unconfirmed reports of Vlad inclusions - the Jose Concalves one striking most factual accord

And unbelievably we have Hearts fans shrugging their shoulders at this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think this is just fairly typical of the way things goes with Vlad and head coaches.

The sad thing is this is supposed to be the era of a head coach in full control of the team yet we have two unconfirmed reports of Vlad inclusions - the Jose Concalves one striking most factual accord

The shrugging of shoulders just shows the level of apathy at the club at present.

The shrugging of shoulders just shows the level of apathy at the club at present.

which stems from the feeling of helplessness

Guest JamboRobbo

For my part, I've never really believed he stopped with the interfering. A leopord doesn't change it's spots.

jack D and coke

I never noticed this at the time but it all but confirms nothing much has changed. I don't think it ever will with this ^^^^ in charge.

Archived